Author Topic: Arrow Season 4  (Read 31187 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Arrow Season 4
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »
Wait, are we saying Darkhe doesn't already know Oliver is GA? He'd have to be one incredibly thick mastermind even if he didn't have Malcolm working with him.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2016, 07:57:34 PM »
Wait, are we saying Darkhe doesn't already know Oliver is GA? He'd have to be one incredibly thick mastermind even if he didn't have Malcolm working with him.

Ah, this reminds me of one of my favorite comics ever...Oliver Queen is on a plane, in flight, when the Joker and Two-Face stage a hi-jacking.  Queen feigns a panic attack and "faints" so they lock him in the bathroom.

A few minutes later Green Arrow comes busting out of the bathroom and starts fighting them and they're all like, "Green Arrow?  Where did he come from?"

Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2016, 08:09:32 PM »
That is a good one. I think I've mentioned before in that context the World's Finest where Clark and Bruce are on a freaking space shuttle and the same thing happens.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2016, 11:31:28 AM »
Felicity is a self righteous twit. I don't think that's a spolier.

Spoiler for Hidden:
She can take her new legs and go fall down a well for all I care.

It was nice to see Darkhe get some comeuppance. 

I liked live-action Vixen. I thought the special effects for her powers was well done.

I wonder what tie-in the flashback cave of wonders will have on the current season...

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2016, 01:27:20 PM »
Liked everything about the episode except Felicity being an idiot.

And I hope we never see William and his mother again...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2016, 07:39:03 PM »
Speaking of the flashbacks... I think it is well past time to do away with that trope in this show.  FIrst season, alright, second season, oookaaayyy... third season, now you're stretching credibility, now... uh, yeah.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2016, 07:50:56 PM »
Speaking of the flashbacks... I think it is well past time to do away with that trope in this show.  FIrst season, alright, second season, oookaaayyy... third season, now you're stretching credibility, now... uh, yeah.
Well, we should have at most one more season of flashbacks if they're still 1 year per season.  By the time Arrow is in Season 6, Flashbacks will be from Season 1.  ;)

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2016, 09:24:16 PM »
Well, we should have at most one more season of flashbacks if they're still 1 year per season.  By the time Arrow is in Season 6, Flashbacks will be from Season 1.  ;)

Diggle:  Remember that time you dropped your pencil and bent over to pick it up?
Queen:  Yeah

(flashback, of pencil drop (in slo-mo of course) and Oliver bending over to pick it up.  his pants rip.  He looks embarrassed, Diggle laughs uproariously.)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2016, 09:22:28 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Vulnerability to a very stubborn magic gorilla is an oddly specific, though all too common Achilles heel in the talisman world.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2016, 06:40:26 AM »
Actually I think the reason they are keeping the flashbacks going is that next season they plan on increasing their special effects budget.  In order to offset the added expense they will actually film only half an episode and fill the other half with season 1 flashbacks.

Oliver is facing down Merlyn whose missing hand has been replaced with a bow.  They both fire a few trick arrows then close to hand to hand.  Merlyns bow transforms into a sword.
Director: Ok, that's the budget.  Say the line John.
Merlyn: I should have killed you the first time you came back to Starling City.

(flashback to season one fight)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2016, 06:43:00 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Vulnerability to a very stubborn magic gorilla is an oddly specific, though all too common Achilles heel in the talisman world.

So I guess Congorilla could make a comeback after all.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2016, 08:55:04 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:

This made me laugh far more than it should have.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2016, 03:35:45 PM »
Felicity is a selfish, childish, idiot.

Spoiler for Hidden:
So, for someone who claims to love Oliver, she sure has a funny way of showing it. 

• Recovering from PTSD from being marooned on an island/forced to kill people as a mercenary?  Felicity cares not about your psychological scars. 
  • Said person is trying to recover from these horrific events and may stumble from time to time?  Felicity demands perfection. 
  • Said person discovers they have a son they didn't know about and was put in the unreasonable position of having to lie to people to even see their son?  Felicity only cares that you lied and not at all about any other circumstances.
  • Said person made decisions about the best interests of their child (in conjunction with the child's mother)? Felicity demands an equal seat at the table as the parents.

That's not love.  That's Felicity being a selfish asshole.  If this is the Felicity we get, I would have preferred the character have died in the mid-season drive by than turn into this.

Now that that's off my chest...

I like seeing Cupid on the show.  I think she does crazy very well.  I'm stunned that Waller actually let those criminals out after doing Task Force X work!

It was cool to see that Darkhe's totem was Baron Blitzkrieg's totem.  I wonder what the ring that he secreted away was.  It's strange that he put it back on his finger, though; the guards will no doubt notice it and take it.

Nice to see that vigilante's don't hold up in court.  When exactly did Digg buy drugs for Thea?  There is an interesting question about how the Diggle household supports themselves when nobody seems to be working.  If he's being paid from the money Felicity is embezzling from Palmer tech, that's a potential big problem.  Laurel is completely correct that they were lucky to get out of there before their entire vigilante operation unravelled.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2016, 04:01:42 PM »
For a minute I thought she'd pull her head from her backside by the end of the episode, but nope...  Out of all the silly contrivances in fiction, I think I've developed a sensitivity to those of relationship drama.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2016, 11:43:33 AM »
Funny thing I noticed...
The team gets a call at court, daylight filtering in through the windows. Cut to a car chase at night.
No need to hurry guys, take your time. I'm sure the victims will be fine :roll:
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2016, 09:32:47 AM »
Terrific episode ;)
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2016, 12:31:37 PM »
How many times did they say "bee-con of hope", I wonder?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »
I noticed in this but somehow I didn't notice when I saw her on Flash that Queen Bee is Beth from Walking Dead. I've been Clark Kented.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2016, 10:35:13 PM »
I noticed in this but somehow I didn't notice when I saw her on Flash that Queen Bee is Beth from Walking Dead. I've been Clark Kented.
I keep hoping to see her just light the place on fire and give everyone the finger before she walks away.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »
It took me until a couple of weeks ago to realize that the actor playing Damien Darhk is the same one who played Dum Dum Dugan in the first Captain America movie. (I think he's stuck in alliterative type-casting.)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.