Author Topic: DC's Legends of Tomorrow.  (Read 46353 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2016, 06:27:32 PM »
You might've repressed it given that the way he talked about it it pretty much undermined the entire point of the series.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2016, 06:37:05 PM »
You might've repressed it given that the way he talked about it it pretty much undermined the entire point of the series.

I don't know...  it could be that the entire point all along has been that Rip is destined to be a disastrous failure, in which case they've been hammering it home quite successfully with each episode!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2016, 07:06:07 PM »
I don't know...  it could be that the entire point all along has been that Rip is destined to be a disastrous failure, in which case they've been hammering it home quite successfully with each episode!

Well lets see - he is supposed to save the timestream yet his team has killed / injured countless people in the past (and future). That should have changed his future a lot - people that wouldn't have been born or in the hospital or arrested that weren't originally and therefore their future is changed.

And also that Russian scientist lady blowed herself and her lab up real good to recreate the Firestorm, which they only knew about because the heroes got seen in the past fighting Savage.

Oh and getting Savage to release that virus 5 years earlier then it happened because he interfered with Per Degaton as a kid. That alone should be a huge change in the timeline - people dying 5 years before they originally did. Who knows how many children were not born because of that, or people who died then who may not have died in the regular timeline because they might have been away when the virus hit 5 years later in the original timeline.

So in a way Rip is doing a worse job than if he just left everything alone. If I was the Time Masters I would lock him up too.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2016, 11:18:06 PM »
Silly Rory.  He's forgotten all about fixed points in time.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2016, 08:50:55 AM »
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:58:03 AM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2016, 12:33:23 PM »

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2016, 08:51:33 PM »
When Snart was tapping his ring, did anyone else notice that he was tapping in the rhythm of Zoom's theme music? Odd little detail, there.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2016, 11:39:59 PM »
When Snart was tapping his ring, did anyone else notice that he was tapping in the rhythm of Zoom's theme music? Odd little detail, there.
:o

That's an impressive detail to catch.  I definitely did not notice that.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2016, 02:11:25 AM »
I'd have to take your word on the fact that Zoom has theme music, even...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2016, 04:50:40 AM »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #170 on: May 14, 2016, 01:14:16 PM »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2016, 02:15:22 PM »
Rip saving his family would've negated his reason to do so in the first place...
I'm bad and that's good.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2016, 12:53:41 AM »
Rip saving his family would've negated his reason to do so in the first place...

Sort of.  We have already seen that people who change the timeline remember the original timeline.  Now that the timeline isn't being manipulated I think by season end he will save his family but of course will have to leave them to save the world from the next great menace.  Probably coming up with an alternate solution for the Thanagarians.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2016, 01:52:47 AM »
Sort of.  We have already seen that people who change the timeline remember the original timeline.  Now that the timeline isn't being manipulated I think by season end he will save his family but of course will have to leave them to save the world from the next great menace.  Probably coming up with an alternate solution for the Thanagarians.

I wonder what they will do with the Thangarians. In the comics - the Earth-1 Hawkman and Hawkgirl were police officers from Thangar. And their wings and stuff were part of their uniform. Then of course as time went by and Crisises (Crisi?) came and went, they tried to merge the origins of both E1 and E2 Hawkmen and it became a huge mess.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2016, 02:52:49 AM »
I'd have to take your word on the fact that Zoom has theme music, even...

Two scenes come to mind where I know it's heard: when Zoom's showing off the defeated Flash in the Central City Photo News office in "Enter Zoom", and when he comes through the breach that Cisco created in "Versus Zoom".

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2016, 05:09:55 PM »
Unless I missed something, it seems that not all of the supposed plot holes have been explained away.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The Oculus failsafe was a dead-man switch - someone had to be holding it down in order for the Oculus to explode. The Time Masters could simply have killed Snart, forcing him to let go of the failsafe, in order to prevent their own destruction.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2016, 07:52:35 PM »
Unless I missed something, it seems that not all of the supposed plot holes have been explained away.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The Oculus failsafe was a dead-man switch - someone had to be holding it down in order for the Oculus to explode. The Time Masters could simply have killed Snart, forcing him to let go of the failsafe, in order to prevent their own destruction.

I really though Snart was
Spoiler for Hidden:
going to freeze the switch in place so they could all get out alive.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »
I thought the same thing then I remembered what show I was watching

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2016, 09:33:46 PM »
My theory is, that being at ground zero of a time-manipulating-computer's explosion mysteriously flings Cold back to when he came from... plus a few weeks/months :roll:
Maybe he'll even be in time to help save the world from Zoom and his cronies, thus showing the world his heel/face turn. And like in the comics he'll get a pardon for it.
I'm bad and that's good.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2016, 02:21:35 AM »
My theory is, that being at ground zero of a time-manipulating-computer's explosion mysteriously flings Cold back to when he came from... plus a few weeks/months :roll:
Maybe he'll even be in time to help save the world from Zoom and his cronies, thus showing the world his heel/face turn. And like in the comics he'll get a pardon for it.

Well he will be in other CW shows. That is my guess as well.