Author Topic: DC's Legends of Tomorrow.  (Read 46714 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2016, 11:35:06 PM »
<shudder> 'We've located Savage on the small island of Kooey Kooey Kooey'.

i hope that no matter how bad this show gets it won't approach zany sitcom justice league terrible.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: March 09, 2016, 03:21:42 PM »
<shudder> 'We've located Savage on the small island of Kooey Kooey Kooey'.

i hope that no matter how bad this show gets it won't approach zany sitcom justice league terrible.

Oh god... I wish it would.  A zany sitcom version of this show would be so much more entertaining than this has been so far.

But, they would need a wacky landlord with a long-suffering wife.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2016, 03:31:08 PM »
But, they would need a wacky landlord with a long-suffering wife.
Booster Gold and Blue Beetle!

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2016, 03:41:46 PM »
^^^

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2016, 12:27:30 AM »
Okay, going into tonight's episode: regardless of Snart's agreeing that only one of them was walking out of there alive...

Spoiler for Hidden:
...it would be completely irrational for the show to kill off Mick Rory at this point. He saved Ray from the Russian prison, which Snart was against, and now Mick has to be put down like a rabid dog, while Snart's the team player? Plus, the writers have spent the time, to this point, making Mick into an entertaining character, so killing him would mean that they've lost their minds, or else Mick's actor wants to leave the show, or is being thrown off. Plus, if the character's being killed, they'd do him the courtesy of giving him a death scene; and we still need proof that Mick's dead, or else it didn't happen.

I think the loophole lies in the wording: "Only one of us is WALKING out of here alive." (If that's the case, I credit politicians for teaching me to pay attention to how people word what they say and write. Seriously.)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2016, 02:58:02 AM »
I found out what happens to Mick.  His frozen body gets dumped from the ship into the ocean where he is saved by some Cambodian fishermen. It's 2003, and freezing has messed around with his brain.  He has amnesia but somehow he now has a supermind and knows pretty much everything about everything.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2016, 06:02:37 AM »
I found out what happens to Mick.  His frozen body gets dumped from the ship into the ocean where he is saved by some Cambodian fishermen. It's 2003, and freezing has messed around with his brain.  He has amnesia but somehow he now has a supermind and knows pretty much everything about everything.

But he thinks he's a deer - a female deer.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »
I liked that show...
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »
I knew the rule of "no body, no death" meant he'd show up again, but they managed to surprise me with the how.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2016, 06:37:11 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
so ray gets a professor job with no credentials and they have no problems as an unmarried interracial couple in the late 50s?

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2016, 07:39:13 PM »
I remember when this show totally lost me. Snart smacked Mick in the back of the neck and Mick turned around, growled "that tickled" and walloped Snart across the room like a rag doll. No wait, I remember now, he dropped like a sack of squishy potatos, knocked out cold.
I laughed soooo hard. Seriously, my eyes watered.
The show was getting really campy, kinda like "All My Children (In Space)". But then Mick drops like a little girl getting pounded by a wrecking ball, with a single mere gun-butt. The show is extremely predictable but I totally didn't see THAT coming.
Now I really enjoy the show, but not as intended by the network. It's a riot if you watch it suspending your disbelief in it being a drama and instead see it as comic book satire. So now the long lost evil twin comes back... with Amnesia? HAHAHAHA!! (Cue the Genreal Hospital theme)
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2016, 01:26:23 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
1)  Jewel Staite!

2)  Hannibal Lecter.   ;D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2016, 10:52:45 AM »

At this point I'm starting to think that Rip Hunter is working for Vandal Savage.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Everything he tries just makes things worse.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2016, 03:17:59 PM »
At this point I'm starting to think that Rip Hunter is working for Vandal Savage.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Everything he tries just makes things worse.

LOL - Right after the episode I was thinking - "Nice one Rip. Way to make things better."

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2016, 12:35:51 PM »
Flimsy excuse to visit the Old West.  Hex really needs a crazy eye to go with the scarring.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2016, 01:05:40 PM »
Flimsy excuse to visit the Old West.  Hex really needs a crazy eye to go with the scarring.

How many time travel shows do the Old West. It's a 'thing'.

I am waiting for the obligatory Nazi Germany 1940's episode.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2016, 07:01:08 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"If you had the chance to go back in time and kill Hitler as a child, wouldn't you do it?"
Rip has painted Savage as a futuristic Hitler, so of course he was referring to...(drumroll) some politician's tween!
LOL

Spoiler for Hidden:
Mick wants to kill the whole team and has trained for multiple lifetimes just for this purpose. The team wants Mick dead as well. Then Mick survives not just one but multiple punches from Snart and kicks Snart's butt. Then the team invites Mick back onto the team. Then Mick gladly joins the team.
After laughing soooo hard, I figured out why - this was the bully episode of Saved By The Bell!
I can't be the only one enjoying this as a comedy/satire. There's gotta be some math to prove I'm not the only one.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2016, 07:57:53 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"If you had the chance to go back in time and kill Hitler as a child, wouldn't you do it?"
Rip has painted Savage as a futuristic Hitler, so of course he was referring to...(drumroll) some politician's tween!
LOL

Spoiler for Hidden:
Mick wants to kill the whole team and has trained for multiple lifetimes just for this purpose. The team wants Mick dead as well. Then Mick survives not just one but multiple punches from Snart and kicks Snart's butt. Then the team invites Mick back onto the team. Then Mick gladly joins the team.
After laughing soooo hard, I figured out why - this was the bully episode of Saved By The Bell!
I can't be the only one enjoying this as a comedy/satire. There's gotta be some math to prove I'm not the only one.

So you're saying Mick can't read?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »
So all that skipping about in the past and failing epically was even more pointless than it seemed while it was happening.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2016, 11:46:46 PM »
Especially considering, that they know a time and place where savage is completely helpless... right after he got incinerated in the Flash/Arrow cross-over.
The Heroes just left, Kendra knows this. The Legends could hide there, wait till everyone is gone, freeze what's left of Savage solid and shoot it into the sun.
But that would've made for a short series :P
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.