Author Topic: DC's Legends of Tomorrow.  (Read 46680 times)

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2016, 12:55:32 AM »
I'm still of the opinion that Rip is secretly working for Vandal Savage. It's the only way this all makes sense.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2016, 09:52:53 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
young Sara creeped me out

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2016, 11:59:38 AM »
Looked about the same as the present day version to me.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2016, 06:26:33 PM »
Regarding the scene
Spoiler for Hidden:
where Rip picked up the weapon from Ray's suit, and blew the Pilgrim out the window:
I wonder what inspired Ray to build a defenestrator for his suit. How many times did he think he'd need that? ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:39:58 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2016, 01:18:19 AM »
Regarding the scene
Spoiler for Hidden:
where Rip picked up the weapon from Ray's suit, and blew the Pilgrim out the window:
I wonder what inspired Ray to build a defenestrator for his suit. How many times did he think he'd need that? ;)

You know, I don't normally get mad at my TV but -

Spoiler for Hidden:
Jeebus.

When Kendra stopped from killing Savage, I was tempted to throw something at my TV.

So Carter's mind is locked and only Savage can undo that.
Carter reincarnates right? So his next life he will be fine. And besides - this is Carter like 100 years from her time, already would have been reborn in her lifetime back in our present. I don't think they are immortal and can age. So I doubt that's Carter from 100 years ago.

And I really thought the robot would have been called 'Amazo'.

Has the Atom in the comics ever done the Giant Man thing?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2016, 09:12:13 PM »
I liked the mace upgrade, even if that tiny bracelet shouldn't have produced that much molten metal.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2016, 01:45:13 AM »
General Mills' relationship with DC is already obvious (DC artists redesign of the monster cereals, exclusivity of Batman and Superman Cereals, etc), but this blatant commercial promotion was just juvenile.

History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2016, 04:38:16 AM »
Didn't even notice it, if those aren't fake...

For the record, my favourite of the monster cereals was always Boo Berry.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2016, 05:12:02 PM »
Boo Berry was my fave but Yummi Mummy was also good. Frankenberry was one of the worst cereals I've ever had.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I had the exact same thoughts as doc but decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and pretend that savage dying closes the cycle and that would make it be the last carter who is mindless. thus her decision would only be incredibly stupid rather than mind-blowingly stupid.

also bothered me that savage went from going toe to toe with flash while catching oliver's arrows to getting repeatedly whacked by telegraphed mace haymakers. though my problem there is more with the OP arrow version.

oh and changing how temporal causality works, completely undermining the entire premise and point of the series, is some top notch lulz even from these writers.

all that said though, at least some stuff finally happened in this episode.

and wiki says atom only had growing powers temporarily during zero hour

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2016, 02:28:59 AM »
Didn't even notice it, if those aren't fake...

For the record, my favourite of the monster cereals was always Boo Berry.
Not fake. Those screens are from hulu with the captions turned on.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2016, 03:30:09 AM »
Is anyone else thinking that that was too easy?
Spoiler for Hidden:
That the idea was for Savage to be taken aboard the Waverider, and that Cassandra is playing double agent?
That they're playing right into Savage's hands?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2016, 04:34:50 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
You mean you don't think the amoral tyrant really raised a daughter who values human life and honesty to such an extent that she'll without deliberation do a complete 180, betray her father, give up her position as basically second in command of earth, and decide to go against him and his unstoppable army with the 7 people she just met and their hobo militia? Surely you jest.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2016, 05:59:31 AM »
To be fair, it wasn't valuing human life that got her to turn.  It was 'you killed my parents!'.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2016, 06:22:40 AM »
Also: while I was watching the episode, Savage became an evil version of Mike Myers' Love Guru and I can't unsee it.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2016, 04:30:58 PM »
Is anyone else thinking that that was too easy?
Spoiler for Hidden:
That the idea was for Savage to be taken aboard the Waverider, and that Cassandra is playing double agent?
That they're playing right into Savage's hands?

So are you saying that Rip made a stupid, bad decision? It's so unlike him.............................

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2016, 12:23:00 PM »
"If we live through this, you bumbling idiot, I just may kill you..."

:)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2016, 01:54:39 PM »
Amazes me how much of this series depends on jax/prof forgetting they can become firestorm.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Are we supposed to forget that Martin was immune to radiation earlier in the season or did they anticipate that objection and come up with the laughable 'temporal radiation' idea specifically to combat it?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2016, 04:01:13 PM »
Once again Rip makes an amazingly good decision.

Spoiler for Hidden:
..NOT!

The whole time he was trying to get Savage to the VP, I was thinking - what if they just let him go because history needs to happen?

What else bugs me is this -
Spoiler for Hidden:
ok they can't stop Savage apparently, but if his whole motive is to save his family - why doesn't he just grab them from a time before Savage kills them and hide them someplace?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2016, 05:10:13 PM »
In one of the episodes, Hunter said he tried to do just that.  Repeatedly and at successively earlier times.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2016, 06:17:51 PM »
In one of the episodes, Hunter said he tried to do just that.  Repeatedly and at successively earlier times.

Ok. Guess I missed that part.