Author Topic: Things in the game that really made no sense.  (Read 25156 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Things in the game that really made no sense.
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »
Using gravity to hurl a forlift at an AV, missing, and watching the forklift bounce off an unaffected office chair.

"He tried to kill him with a forklift..........."

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2015, 09:19:10 PM »
"He tried to kill him with a forklift..........."

Wow, didn't think i'd see a Fugitive Alien reference today (or ever really). Nice one.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2015, 10:51:10 PM »
Wow, didn't think i'd see a Fugitive Alien reference today (or ever really). Nice one.

When I was on teams with someone with that power - that was the first thing that popped into my head. And other people as well, quite a few times that came up in a team chat.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2015, 04:30:38 AM »
Did anyone mention that the elevators only went between two floors but had several buttons on them.
And the elevator buttons weren't up and down like normal elevators in real life, they had floor numbers on them.
And the floor numbers on the elevators didn't corespond to the actual number of florrs in the building.

International Note:
Elevators are pretty much the same thing as lifts.
someone mentioned that the elevators were odd, but not the buttons specifically
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2015, 09:21:33 AM »
pay phone kiosks... still existed in game.

... and in a few years kids will be asking "what are those booths in old movies??? ... what? but cell phones are so small!".
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2015, 02:10:55 PM »
... and in a few years kids will be asking "what are those booths in old movies??? ... what? but cell phones are so small!".

I recently told my daughter that back when I was her age i had to actually get up off the couch and walk across the room to change the channel on the TV. 

She didn't believe me.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2015, 02:20:51 PM »
I recently told my daughter that back when I was her age i had to actually get up off the couch and walk across the room to change the channel on the TV. 

She didn't believe me.

And you actually had to watch a TV show - WHEN IT WAS BROADCAST! Or you never saw it again until maybe a repeat.

Reaper

• Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2015, 02:35:03 PM »
And you actually had to watch a TV show - WHEN IT WAS BROADCAST! Or you never saw it again until maybe a repeat.

"What do you mean you've seen this, it's brand new."
"Well I saw it on a rerun..."
"What's a rerun?"

8)
Patiently lurking from the shadows...

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2015, 11:13:51 PM »

I remember missing "Rudolph" or "The March of the Wooden Soldiers" and bawling my eyes out because I had to wait until the next Christmas to see them again. This generation of instant gratification has no concept of this. My kids watch Christmas shows now whenever they want. Kind of takes the uniqueness away from the holiday.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2015, 01:34:12 AM »
I remember missing "Rudolph" or "The March of the Wooden Soldiers" and bawling my eyes out because I had to wait until the next Christmas to see them again. This generation of instant gratification has no concept of this. My kids watch Christmas shows now whenever they want. Kind of takes the uniqueness away from the holiday.

And take the game itself. In my day as a kid - the top of the line home video game was a large square shooting another large square with smaller squares, while navigating through more squares.

Now look at what we play. I was watching a basketball game on a TV in Best Buy and thought it was a live game when it was in fact an Xbox One game playing in demo mode.

I can just imagine what COH would look like now with redone, modern day graphics.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2015, 01:54:57 AM »
Man, when I was a kid, the only video game we had was trying to get the vertical hold on the TV to sync.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2015, 02:03:30 AM »
Man, when I was a kid, the only video game we had was trying to get the vertical hold on the TV to sync.

I loved that game! I was so good at it.

Remember when you could make a TV color by buying one of those plastic sheets and laying it over your b&w TV screen?

I tells ya - kids these days are spoiled with tech. My niece is 18 now and has no concept of not having cell phones, and DVRS and 10,000 tv channels and internet and everything else that was non existent when I was a kid.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2015, 02:09:30 AM »

Remember hitting the side of the TV, like Fonz w/out the cool, and it actually helped somehow.

Today, hitting the side of tech will most likely break it.

(Yes, I quoted myself.  I'm not too proud to admit it.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 02:18:39 AM by Paragon Avenger »

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2015, 02:19:42 AM »
Yeah, I miss the good old days - 3 channels to choose from.  And to be honest, there was more quality programming to watch
back then than you can find on a thousand channels today.

Remember, you had to actually get up and walk over to the TV to change the channel?  :)

No frigging cell phones stuck to people's ears all the time - or kids with their eyes glued to their screen as they blindly walk around texting.
People actually TALKED to each other.

Yes, I'm getting old.  Proud of it.

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2015, 02:26:04 AM »
V-hold was fun, but I always preferred the antenna dance, you now, carefully twisting, bending, angling, and foiling up the rabit ears or hand cranking the roof unit back and forth
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2015, 02:27:55 AM »
V-hold was fun, but I always preferred the antenna dance, you now, carefully twisting, bending, angling, and foiling up the rabit ears or hand cranking the roof unit back and forth

Yep, been there, done that. :)

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2015, 02:51:22 AM »
Yeah, I miss the good old days - 3 channels to choose from.  And to be honest, there was more quality programming to watch
back then than you can find on a thousand channels today.

Ah, the haze of nostalgia  :P

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2015, 04:06:48 AM »
Remember channels 2 - 13. Of course growing up in NJ near NY we only got 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 & 13. Then there was always that mysterious channel "U".

My parents got remote control once I was big enough to get up and change the channel for them.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2015, 05:34:12 AM »
I loved laying on the floor in front of the TV.
Of course, that made me the remote.
I grew up where we got 4 out-of-town, 5 out-of-town, 9 out-of-town, 11 local PBS, and 13 local CBS, and sometimes 2 out of St. Joe.
Later came 19, 27, 41, and 49

When we got cable, we basically got those channels a whole lot better, and HBO.
Remember going to the video rental store and renting a VCR-player?

Now, you get TV on your smart phone.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2015, 06:07:52 AM »
I loved laying on the floor in front of the TV.
Of course, that made me the remote.
I grew up where we got 4 out-of-town, 5 out-of-town, 9 out-of-town, 11 local PBS, and 13 local CBS, and sometimes 2 out of St. Joe.
Later came 19, 27, 41, and 49

When we got cable, we basically got those channels a whole lot better, and HBO.
Remember going to the video rental store and renting a VCR-player?

Now, you get TV on your smart phone.

Christmas of 1982, with my first "real" paying job, I bought my parents a Sony Beta VCR. The first videotape we ever owned was "The Quiet Man". The video cost like $95.