Author Topic: Things in the game that really made no sense.  (Read 25075 times)

silvers1

• Boss
Re: Things in the game that really made no sense.
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2015, 12:36:29 AM »
1.  A large city with a grand total of about 15 cars running at any time.

2.  Random mission doors.   I loved the bank map mission I received where the entrance happened to be a wooden door in the side of a hill on a remote island.

3.  Civilians that constantly walk over top of you.   Apparently not that grateful for your super-heroics.

4.   Villains hanging out on every street corner, and outnumbering the citizens by about 10 to 1. 

5.  A city with zero pollution, zero garbage, and very little noise.

6.   Police stations that have sirens running 24x7.   I'd say the officers have migraines.

7.  Buildings where the interiors change every time you enter them.

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2015, 12:57:25 AM »
1.  A large city with a grand total of about 15 cars running at any time.

*snip*

4.   Villains hanging out on every street corner, and outnumbering the citizens by about 10 to 1. 

I think these two are actually directly related... Who would want to drive a car in a city where you might be carjacked at every street corner? Also explains number 5 a little, since everyone fled the city resulting in less population to cause polution, both of garbage and noise varieties.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2015, 01:10:15 AM »
I once had a "Recover the painting" mission from the police radio that sent my team into a network of caves, at the end the glowie was a refrigerator.

We decided that the valuable stolen painting was actually a finger painted painting some cop's kid had done, and it was stuck to the fridge with magnets.

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2015, 03:07:28 PM »
I wanna know how they plugged in the refrigerator.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2015, 07:30:14 PM »
I wanna know how they plugged in the refrigerator.

And how they made it glow and go "Ping...Ping...Ping"

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2015, 03:31:41 AM »

Magic. How else would they have gotten the thing down into some random cave? Not even the Trolls or the Lost would've bothered dragging something that big down there... The Circle of Thorns on the other hand... Gotta keep those spell reagents fresh. :P

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2015, 03:52:10 AM »
It was the same amazing technology that powered up the blue button
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2015, 04:04:50 AM »
Having destructive super powers like AOEs and novas and ONLY hitting the bad guys even though your teammates are standing right next to you

This is pure game play, "Friendlyfire" in MMOs is outright the worst singular idea you could do, it would mean that you could effectively never use an AOE attack for fear of a blaster accidentally edging into it, Defenders could -never- use their toggle debuffs, nor could dark..no patch effects could be remotely effectively used.

Oh and MMs would be unplayable.

This has been tried, Dragon Age has the option for it in at least the first game..and I have never, ever seen anyone use it.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2015, 04:17:21 AM »
  • Travelling by train
  • Train just pulling out every time you enter the platform, but the arrival train always there
  • No matter where you went by train, it took the same amount of time
  • There was never a line of people waiting for the train
  • The layout of the train tracks in the zones seemed strange
  • Portals next to the train stations
  • Not being able to skip content and levels on new toons, when you already have a level 50
  • Crime, in a city full of supersheroes

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2015, 05:13:23 AM »
robed cultists... summoning class ten full-torso free floating apparitions, in broad daylight, in a city park, with a human sacrifice in the center.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2015, 05:33:36 AM »
robed cultists... summoning class ten full-torso free floating apparitions, in broad daylight, in a city park, with a human sacrifice in the center.

Well, Paragon City is a strange place after all.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2015, 09:04:29 AM »
Chalk it up to a jedi mind trick (or equivalent)?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:02:44 AM by The Fifth Horseman »
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2015, 11:15:22 AM »
This is pure game play, "Friendlyfire" in MMOs is outright the worst singular idea you could do, it would mean that you could effectively never use an AOE attack for fear of a blaster accidentally edging into it, Defenders could -never- use their toggle debuffs, nor could dark..no patch effects could be remotely effectively used.

Oh and MMs would be unplayable.

This has been tried, Dragon Age has the option for it in at least the first game..and I have never, ever seen anyone use it.

Oh I understand why its like that. Its just funny that a power could work that way. Its like if Johnny Storm went Nova in the midst of a battle and burned everyone except Reed who was standing next to him.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2015, 02:50:55 PM »

Every other civilian that sees that is saying "If I don't see it, it's not my problem." or "There are a million freaking super heroes in this city, why should I call the cops? What are they going to do?"

No, the better point on that topic is:

There are robed cultists summoning class ten full torso free floating apparitions in broad daylight in a city park with a human sacrifice and 30 heroes will just ignore it before someone who happens to be in the right level range and feels like it will save them.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2015, 05:44:21 AM »
Did anybody mention getting a mission, running to the door of the building, and after opening the door, you're in a cave?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2015, 08:40:36 AM »
Or running into a cave and finding yourself in a bank?
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2015, 03:50:03 PM »
  • Travelling by train
  • Train just pulling out every time you enter the platform, but the arrival train always there
  • No matter where you went by train, it took the same amount of time
  • There was never a line of people waiting for the train
  • The layout of the train tracks in the zones seemed strange
  • Portals next to the train stations
  • Not being able to skip content and levels on new toons, when you already have a level 50
  • Crime, in a city full of supersheroes

Whilst Paragon city may be filled with superheroes its like....super turbo omega filled with supervillains and gangs, so the crime thing does kind of make sense.

Ice Trix

• Boss
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2015, 06:11:10 AM »
Or leaving an office mission, turning around and doing different office mission with the same door.

Was a strike force famous for it iirc, remodeling tunnel complex of 5th column base.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2015, 02:18:14 AM »
Or leaving an office mission, turning around and doing different office mission with the same door.

Was a strike force famous for it iirc, remodeling tunnel complex of 5th column base.

I once was on a TF on the villain side - St Martial or something and the first 6 missions were at the same building door.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2015, 06:40:46 PM »
Every other civilian that sees that is saying "If I don't see it, it's not my problem." or "There are a million freaking super heroes in this city, why should I call the cops? What are they going to do?"

"Cops got better things to do than get killed."

Shame I can't remember what movie that's from.