Author Topic: Things in the game that really made no sense.  (Read 25124 times)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Re: Things in the game that really made no sense.
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2015, 07:47:15 PM »
"Cops got better things to do than get killed."

Shame I can't remember what movie that's from.
Big Trouble in Little China
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2015, 04:45:55 AM »
Or leaving an office mission, turning around and doing different office mission with the same door.

Was a strike force famous for it iirc, remodeling tunnel complex of 5th column base.

There were definitely two consecutive IP mishes in the Citadel TF that were the same door back to back. It was nice since it was usually the ass-end of IP but it was also before he gave his cell number so everyone had to stand there waiting and if no one had recall the poor leader had a serious hike.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2015, 06:51:06 AM »
I'm an agile staff fighter with super reflexes and sick moves, but unfortunately I cannot get out of the way of your attack or chase you down if you run away as I am stuck in place until my animations finish...

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2015, 06:54:30 PM »
What about all the helicopters in the game sitting engines running burning fuel going nowhere?

And speaking of helicopters, how about standing on the main rotor, and not getting thrown to the ground?

And of course, the rotor blades passing through you?  They should have generated knockback.

Pretty much the same for vehicles, they just drove through you.  They should have generated KB, too.

And in the Vanguard base at the firing range, when a toon wanders in front of the targets the shooters should stop firing.  There should be an announcement, "Cease fire, clear the range!"

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2015, 10:29:40 PM »
Having super jump as your travel power and being able to jump incredible heights yet if you walked off a building from the same height, you took damage. I miss it EVERY DAY!
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2015, 11:52:20 PM »
Using gravity to hurl a forlift at an AV, missing, and watching the forklift bounce off an unaffected office chair.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2015, 01:00:12 PM »
Using gravity to hurl a forlift at an AV, missing, and watching the forklift bounce off an unaffected office chair.

;) ;D :o

Yep.  This was the sort of glitch that just added to the charm of the game....

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2015, 01:03:58 PM »
One of the things about the game that never made any sense to me was the fact that the Broadsword power was available to brutes....but not to tanks.

I salivated about what I could do with a tank build which had the defensive attack of parry to stack with it's other defensive powers.  Why should it be available to brutes but not to tanks?

Go figure.

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2015, 04:11:37 PM »
For years... fighting baddies in the streets of Paragon and watching all the townsfolk NPCs run away screaming - NEVER ONCE getting out their cell phones to take videos of the fights. COMPLETELY unrealistic.

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2015, 07:01:22 PM »
For years... fighting baddies in the streets of Paragon and watching all the townsfolk NPCs run away screaming - NEVER ONCE getting out their cell phones to take videos of the fights. COMPLETELY unrealistic.

Well considering the vast armies of street gangs all over the city, and the colossal battles that go on in paragon between Heroes and giant Clockwork robots every week, I'd say most people have gotten bored of recording the fighting that goes on  ;D

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »
Well considering the vast armies of street gangs all over the city, and the colossal battles that go on in paragon between Heroes and giant Clockwork robots every week, I'd say most people have gotten bored of recording the fighting that goes on  ;D

"Honey, there's a fire-wielding incarnate hero soloing a Malta ambush!"
"Really? Well, tell 'em to keep it down. And don't wake me up again unless Recluse is crashing a wedding or something."

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2015, 09:42:39 PM »
pay phone kiosks... still existed in game.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2015, 03:16:07 AM »
During a Rikti invasion, all the NPC's go inside.  All the street gangs.  Everybody, except the trainers and the contacts.

In Talos, the battle was right across the street from the trainer and the police drones, neither of which helped.
In Atlas, the battle raged around Ms. Liberty.  And the only thing she did to save her city was to say "Your doing well.".

Floride

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2015, 05:02:10 AM »
Defeating Recluse and the other AVs on the Statesman TF, returning to the Paragon City you just saved, clicking on a present and being told you were naughty while being rewarded with an ambush of snowmen.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2015, 06:21:59 PM »
Defeating Recluse and the other AVs on the Statesman TF, returning to the Paragon City you just saved, clicking on a present and being told you were naughty while being rewarded with an ambush of snowmen.

Nothing about the present system made sense. It was fun, dont get me wrong, I liked it and a lot of the things mentioned in this thread, but story-wise it made absolutely no sense for the presents to give random rewards.

Also, why is being naughty on a villain a bad thing? Isn't that the goal? :P

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2015, 08:30:53 PM »
Nothing about the present system made sense. It was fun, dont get me wrong, I liked it and a lot of the things mentioned in this thread, but story-wise it made absolutely no sense for the presents to give random rewards.

Well maybe the villain helped an old lady across the street. That would be naughty by villain standards.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2015, 03:07:27 AM »

I dissagree.  For one, you didn't need a key to unlock the present.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2015, 04:55:43 AM »

Oh I loved doing opening presents with my robot MM. I would place them around the box and open it - if I was naughty and a smowman popped out - well he didn't last long.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2015, 07:12:11 AM »
Oh I loved doing opening presents with my robot MM. I would place them around the box and open it - if I was naughty and a smowman popped out - well he didn't last long.
Yeah, I do a similar strategy in STO with my Boff and Engineering captain... lay out a bunch of mines and turrets, and if anything untoward spawns, it's hamburger
-Lex Luthor

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:46 PM »
Did anyone mention that the elevators only went between two floors but had several buttons on them.
And the elevator buttons weren't up and down like normal elevators in real life, they had floor numbers on them.
And the floor numbers on the elevators didn't corespond to the actual number of florrs in the building.

International Note:
Elevators are pretty much the same thing as lifts.