Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79394 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Hey we need to move some super villains, let's get the one guy who's trying to recruit a team of them to help us.

And i don't know what they're trying to do with Firestorm but evidently the direction was 'try to look like you're holding in a huge dump when you move.'

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2015, 03:59:32 PM »
I highly suspect that Wells is still in control of the scenario.  That fight at the end was too quick, and he showed up brazenly looking for it, with no seeming plan or strategy at all.  I'm all but sure that as he lost consciousness, he had a big 'ol Light Yagami smile on his face as he whispered "All according to plan."

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2015, 12:10:34 AM »
I highly suspect that Wells is still in control of the scenario.  That fight at the end was too quick, and he showed up brazenly looking for it, with no seeming plan or strategy at all.  I'm all but sure that as he lost consciousness, he had a big 'ol Light Yagami smile on his face as he whispered "All according to plan."

Don't tell me they're giving any DC villain the Joker's god-like powers of pre-planning. Or maybe Batman's writers...

That said, the first 8 minutes tonight were more compelling than anything in the first 6 episodes of Game of Thrones this season.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2015, 01:20:48 AM »
Well that was certainly not what I thought would happen.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I thought he would save his mom and change the present.

Looks like the future Flash knew he was there and what he was planning and told him not to.

The Eddie thing I didn't see coming, but certainly that should have the same effect as Barry saving his mom.

No Thawne means no fight 15 years in the past and his mom being killed by someone who no longer exists.
This also means the real Wells should be around, and his wife since Thawne killed them both as well.

That could be why he changed back at the end - he never took Wells form.

It's going to be a long summer.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2015, 01:24:47 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
The hat was a nice touch.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2015, 01:29:36 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
The hat was a nice touch.

Yeah it was. Though was it from the future? or the past? or another timeline?

Wells certainly recognized it.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #326 on: May 20, 2015, 01:53:09 AM »
Though as I think about it ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Why didn't they just pretend to agree to send Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne back to his own time?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #327 on: May 20, 2015, 01:56:11 AM »
Another question - is the future Flash maybe from the timeline Barry altered when he DID save his mom, but it turned out worse and his future self warned him off to put things back the right way?

Either way future Flash shouldn't really exist either anymore after Thawne caused Barry to become the Flash years sooner.

Time travel gives me nose bleeds.

And we STILL don't know why Thawne hates Barry so much to try and kill him.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #328 on: May 20, 2015, 01:58:15 AM »
Though as I think about it ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
Why didn't they just pretend to agree to send Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne back to his own time?

I was wondering as well..
Spoiler for Hidden:
I mean they already know what to do to create the portal, they could have double crossed Thawne and just left him in the cell.
Unless they just wanted to be rid of him.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #329 on: May 20, 2015, 03:29:27 AM »
Yeah it was. Though was it from the future? or the past? or another timeline?

Wells certainly recognized it.

I actually jumped of the couch and screamed "HOLY pancake!" and started dancing around the room singing "Jay Garrick, Jay Garrick, Jay Garrick, Jay Garrick" after the hat appeared. 

How DARE they tease him and then not deliver.

:gonk: :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

(Yeah, the Flash is my favorite super-hero... ever.  All of them.  Well, except Bart.)

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #330 on: May 20, 2015, 03:42:53 AM »
The ...

I...

But by that happening shouldn't...

Gah, I hate that anything I type is a spoiler.

Really out of left field lift in quality from the series to this finale. You get a feeling (complete with easter eggs in the final minute) that this episode had to be good to spur the new team up series.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #331 on: May 20, 2015, 08:25:35 AM »
And I see another reason Rip Hunter shows up.  I see they got the name drop in there.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #332 on: May 20, 2015, 01:15:27 PM »
I was wondering as well..
Spoiler for Hidden:
I mean they already know what to do to create the portal, they could have double crossed Thawne and just left him in the cell.
Unless they just wanted to be rid of him.
Spoiler for Hidden:
I suspect it was "Good guys keeping their word", but it seems criminally reckless.  They're going to let Thawne loose in the timestream where he can go anywhen he wants?  Really Bad Idea.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #333 on: May 20, 2015, 02:12:34 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I suspect it was "Good guys keeping their word", but it seems criminally reckless.  They're going to let Thawne loose in the timestream where he can go anywhen he wants?  Really Bad Idea.

Well that too.

And the other thing I didn't get is none of them seemed to understand if Barry changes the past, ALL their lives would be different.

Maybe Iris and Eddie would never have met and fell in love, Katlain and Ronnie - that marriage could have been for nothing as whose to say if Barry changed the past they would still be together.

In fact the way it ended - the whole series should not even have taken place.

Spoiler for Hidden:
No Thawne to come from the future to fight the Flash, to set up everything 15 years in the past, etc.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #334 on: May 20, 2015, 02:31:09 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
It's possible that the wormhole is the result of Thawne dying and that's how their timeline will self destruct, leaving us with a reset reality.  However I doubt it, as it would have retcons for Arrow and I doubt they want to get into TV retcons on the scale of the comics in other shows.  Plus, they're not going to throw out the entire first season, right?

The effects and consequences of time travel has been problematic in Flash.  Barry went back in time already, but there weren't two Barries for some reason.  That hasn't been fully explained.  Now he goes back to when his mother was killed and there are three of him?  Why multiple Barry's now, but not before?

The big one is Thawne ceasing to exist and the timeline not instantly changing since he couldn't kill Nora.  The only thing I can think of is that Eddie getting swept up into the timestream will result in Thawne continuing to exist. 

Also - we've seen two perspectives on the night Nora died, but apparently Future-Barry's story needs to be told.  Why did he tell younger-him not to save his Mother?  Perhaps Thawne was too powerful for our Barry and would have lost/died?  Where did Future-Flash go after dropping off young Barry?  Did he and our Flash have a conversation before our Flash returned home?  (Man it's a pain to try and keep which version of the character I'm talking about clear when writing)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #335 on: May 20, 2015, 03:30:18 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
It's possible that the wormhole is the result of Thawne dying and that's how their timeline will self destruct, leaving us with a reset reality.  However I doubt it, as it would have retcons for Arrow and I doubt they want to get into TV retcons on the scale of the comics in other shows.  Plus, they're not going to throw out the entire first season, right?

The effects and consequences of time travel has been problematic in Flash.  Barry went back in time already, but there weren't two Barries for some reason.  That hasn't been fully explained.  Now he goes back to when his mother was killed and there are three of him?  Why multiple Barry's now, but not before?

The big one is Thawne ceasing to exist and the timeline not instantly changing since he couldn't kill Nora.  The only thing I can think of is that Eddie getting swept up into the timestream will result in Thawne continuing to exist. 

Also - we've seen two perspectives on the night Nora died, but apparently Future-Barry's story needs to be told.  Why did he tell younger-him not to save his Mother?  Perhaps Thawne was too powerful for our Barry and would have lost/died?  Where did Future-Flash go after dropping off young Barry?  Did he and our Flash have a conversation before our Flash returned home?  (Man it's a pain to try and keep which version of the character I'm talking about clear when writing)

Spoiler for Hidden:
Its not even just about Wells-Thawne being erased. There is also everything that leads up to him being born in the first place. Eddie's kids no longer exist, their children no longer exist, etc. That's a HUGE hit to the timeline.

I keep saying the future Flash shouldn't exist anyway. He is a product of the unaltered future where his mom must have been alive and he became the Flash years later by the REAL Doctor Wells and his accelerator.

Though I do agree that the wormhole has something to do with the timeline being changed.

I also wonder if one episode our Flash and the future Flash will meet and talk about what's happened.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #336 on: May 20, 2015, 10:18:10 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I hope your last line's right, Doc. I'd love to know why Future Flash waved him off. It makes sense that Barry trusted him(self), but still, I was almost hopping in my chair, saying "What!? Why??" when it happened.

Also, for those, like me, who liked Eobard's Harrison Wells personality, an article on Syfy's Blastr website quotes the show's producer as saying that Tom Cavanaugh will continue to be a series regular in season two. He also noted that there's always a way to bring Rick Cosnett (Eddie) back. Not really spoiling, since about the only character who died and stayed dead in the comics is Peter Parker's Uncle Ben.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #337 on: May 20, 2015, 10:28:45 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I hope your last line's right, Doc. I'd love to know why Future Flash waved him off. It makes sense that Barry trusted him(self), but still, I was almost hopping in my chair, saying "What!? Why??" when it happened.

Also, for those, like me, who liked Eobard's Harrison Wells personality, an article on Syfy's Blastr website quotes the show's producer as saying that Tom Cavanaugh will continue to be a series regular in season two. He also noted that there's always a way to bring Rick Cosnett (Eddie) back. Not really spoiling, since about the only character who died and stayed dead in the comics is Peter Parker's Uncle Ben.

Unless a clone counts  - otherwise you are right.

I love Wells' character and I wonder how much is Thawne and how much is what he absorbed from the real Wells.

Spoiler for Hidden:
And I also was like "WTF!?? " when Barry got waved off. Obviously being from the future the other Flash must know something our Barry doesn't.
Now the question I have was did future Flash just see him in the doorway or did he know he was there because he remembered being there as the younger version of the Flash.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #338 on: May 21, 2015, 03:10:20 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So they spend all that time talking about the possibility of a singularity if the wormhole isn't closed in time yet their plan was to wait until the time was about to expire then frantically try to find a way to turn off the wormhole?

Are we to assume Cisco's going to be Vibe after all from the conversation with Wells?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #339 on: May 21, 2015, 09:19:35 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So they spend all that time talking about the possibility of a singularity if the wormhole isn't closed in time yet their plan was to wait until the time was about to expire then frantically try to find a way to turn off the wormhole?

Are we to assume Cisco's going to be Vibe after all from the conversation with Wells?

What's a singularity?