Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79349 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #340 on: May 21, 2015, 01:45:42 PM »
A gravity control pet, obviously. Oh, also a black hole, well it's more specific than that but for our purposes a black hole.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #341 on: May 21, 2015, 02:08:48 PM »
What's a singularity?

Hahaha! Yeah, reddit has a few threads noting that it shouldn't have been Dr. Snow that asked that question (or that it should have been phrased differently if she had to say it).
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #342 on: May 22, 2015, 01:43:51 AM »
Hahaha! Yeah, reddit has a few threads noting that it shouldn't have been Dr. Snow that asked that question (or that it should have been phrased differently if she had to say it).
Well she is a biologist ... working at a particle accelerator.  Did she always work there or was she visiting Ronny when it went BOOM! and stayed on to study Barry when he was in the coma?  I don't remember.  If it was the later then there's an excuse for not knowing.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #343 on: May 22, 2015, 05:20:53 AM »
Well she is a biologist ... working at a particle accelerator.  Did she always work there or was she visiting Ronny when it went BOOM! and stayed on to study Barry when he was in the coma?  I don't remember.  If it was the later then there's an excuse for not knowing.

During ep 16, I wondered why the writers decided to have her be the one to advise Barry on how to stop the tsunami.

Edit: Or, rather, why they decided that she'd be ABLE to advise him on something like that.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 09:28:54 AM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #344 on: May 22, 2015, 02:09:28 PM »
It shouldn't be surprising that the writers can't stay consistent on Caitlyn's areas of expertise over the course of a season given that they can't even settle on one time travel metaphysics in one episode.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #345 on: May 22, 2015, 11:19:49 PM »
Well, after spending time going 'round and 'round mentally, trying to figure out how the finale shakes out, I have to agree with both Chiefs O'Brien in the DS9 episode, "Visionary": I HATE TEMPORAL MECHANICS!
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #346 on: May 23, 2015, 12:52:01 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
The reason that everybody is going to go on as if the whole season has actually happened even though Thawne being eliminated should have changed the timeline is this.  Everybody who was close to the wormhole was unaffected by the change.  The real Wells will be brought up to speed by Cisco and Caitlin.  Close to the wormhole will be defined by what the writers do and don't want to be changed.

It wasn't Eddie's death that got Eobard.  I suspect Eddie being drawn into the wormhole pulled him into the future where his life was easily saved by the future technology.  Eobard found out that traveling to the past to kill Flash was going to work out poorly for him so he didn't make the trip.  Eddie is going to wind up being a variation of Cobalt Blue.

When Barry entered the black hole he wound up on Earth 2.  That is where White Canary in Legends comes from.  She isn't the Sara Lance from Earth 1 but the one from Earth 2 where she was taken to the Lazarus pit soon after her death.  That is also where we see Caitlin as Killer Frost and Cisco as Vibe.  And it is where the version of Firestorm we see in Legends comes from.  Professor Stein merged with somebody else there.  Our Earth 1 characters are going to continue on as they are while the next season jumps back and forth between the two Earths.  And hopefully Barry is going to meet up with Jay because that would be awesome.

I may expand on this theory as more ideas pop into my head or more hints of the upcoming season happen.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #347 on: May 23, 2015, 01:03:51 AM »
I vote they let Mandu take over the writing duties next year.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #348 on: May 23, 2015, 03:25:10 PM »
Whatever comes our way in Season 2, I am in!
What was no more, is now reborn!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2015, 05:26:34 PM »
During ep 16, I wondered why the writers decided to have her be the one to advise Barry on how to stop the tsunami.

Edit: Or, rather, why they decided that she'd be ABLE to advise him on something like that.

Well, Wells was busy killing Cisco so that left her.  So if you know a killer Tsunami is heading for the city and the only tool you have is someone with super speed ... run back and forth in front of it seems to be the only course of action anyone would suggest.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2015, 05:35:31 PM »
Well, Wells was busy killing Cisco so that left her.  So if you know a killer Tsunami is heading for the city and the only tool you have is someone with super speed ... run back and forth in front of it seems to be the only course of action anyone would suggest.

What's a tsunami?

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2015, 06:47:45 PM »
What's a tsunami?
On the off chance that you're serious and not joking...

This.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #352 on: May 23, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »

This.

Well between the Indonesia and Japan Tsunami's, I think the general public is now familiar with that term.  Not a lot of singularities on the evening news.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #353 on: May 23, 2015, 09:12:59 PM »

This.

What's a joke?

Ok now I even I think I am going too far... ;D

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #354 on: May 23, 2015, 09:39:22 PM »
r.e. Dr. Snow's knowledge base - just read the latest comic where we find out she helped co-design a manned satellite.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2015, 09:46:37 PM »
r.e. Dr. Snow's knowledge base - just read the latest comic where we find out she helped co-design a manned satellite.
Which I would guess be the life support system because of her MEDICAL background and not QUANTUM PHYSICS OR ASTRONOMY.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2015, 11:39:35 PM »
Which I would guess be the life support system because of her MEDICAL background and not QUANTUM PHYSICS OR ASTRONOMY.

I learned about singularities in college like 30 years ago and I wasn't even a science major.
I find it hard to believe someone working at Star Labs, on a particle accelerator project, wouldn't at least have a basic idea.

Obviously it was there for the stupid viewers at home who may not know what it is, but still it seemed out of place coming from anyone in that room.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #357 on: May 24, 2015, 12:03:56 AM »
Obviously it was there for the stupid viewers at home who may not know what it is, but still it seemed out of place coming from anyone in that room.
Wasn't Eddie or Iris there?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #358 on: May 24, 2015, 12:06:06 AM »

i neglected to mention her explaining how the anti-collision system worked.

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #359 on: May 24, 2015, 01:02:19 AM »
Another question - is the future Flash maybe from the timeline Barry altered when he DID save his mom, but it turned out worse and his future self warned him off to put things back the right way?

Either way future Flash shouldn't really exist either anymore after Thawne caused Barry to become the Flash years sooner.

Time travel gives me nose bleeds.

And we STILL don't know why Thawne hates Barry so much to try and kill him.

I assume that the future Barry/Flash had already saved his mother's life, and experienced the events shown in the 2011 comic series Flashpoint and 2013 animated video: Justice League - The Flashpoint Paradox.  This would be more than enough reason in my book to have the future Flash warn Barry about changing his mother's status.