Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79255 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #360 on: May 26, 2015, 02:02:28 AM »
...a manned satellite.

So... a space station?
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2015, 03:56:17 AM »
Sure, but it was in orbit, so still a satellite. Also they refer to it as a 'satellite barely bigger than a coffin'.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh and then it merges with its occupant.

Brutey

• Underling
« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2015, 04:09:25 PM »
I think this show might be subscribing to the Doctor Who 'timey-wimey' theories of time.

Basically "Well, it works like this - first we start at an - oh, look! An eagle!" *runs out the door*

Spoiler for Hidden:
If they subscribe to the personal timeline theory from Doctor Who - Eddie killing himself wouldn't undo everything done to that point because Eddie didn't kill himself until that point in Eobard's timeline.  Eobard has to exist until the moment he witnesses his ancestor die because he was the cause for his ancestor to kill himself.  One the loop completed Eobard no longer needed to exist and could not exist.

I think I've gone cross-eyed.

Another mug raised to Chief O'Brien "I hate temporal mechanics"

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #363 on: May 31, 2015, 06:31:38 PM »
I think this show might be subscribing to the Doctor Who 'timey-wimey' theories of time.

Basically "Well, it works like this - first we start at an - oh, look! An eagle!" *runs out the door*

Spoiler for Hidden:
If they subscribe to the personal timeline theory from Doctor Who - Eddie killing himself wouldn't undo everything done to that point because Eddie didn't kill himself until that point in Eobard's timeline.  Eobard has to exist until the moment he witnesses his ancestor die because he was the cause for his ancestor to kill himself.  One the loop completed Eobard no longer needed to exist and could not exist.

I think I've gone cross-eyed.

Another mug raised to Chief O'Brien "I hate temporal mechanics"

Or Janeway

"Time travel. Since my first day on the job as a Starfleet captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes - the future is the past, the past is the future, it all gives me a headache."
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #364 on: June 03, 2015, 10:03:25 PM »
Two questions about the finale. Right before Future Flash whisked young Barry out the door, Henry was standing there in a shirt and tie - no jacket, sweater, etc. - while urging young Barry to run. Then, when Future Flash and young Barry left, Henry disappeared. I may be forgetting something from the premiere, but...

Spoiler for Hidden:
1. I had assumed that the first person that they showed lying on the floor in the finale, wearing what looked like either a sport coat or a dark sweater, was Henry, until I rewatched it, and noticed how he was dressed before he disappeared. So, who was that?

and 2. Where did Henry go? Did Future Flash set it up so that Henry had an alibi?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #365 on: June 03, 2015, 10:21:40 PM »
Henry was lying on the floor. He got knocked over by future Flash saving young Barry. Regardless of clothing, it was definitely the guy. Continuity error? Production error? I don't know. But it was definitely him.

Another error in the scene: when we first see Henry interrogated, they ask why his prints were on the knife. He says it's because he's a doctor, he had to stabilize the wound. In the finale, the knife is lying on the floor (next to Henry) so he wouldn't have had to do that.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #366 on: June 10, 2015, 04:52:28 AM »
The only other place that I can recall seeing Tom Cavanaugh is on Scrubs, as J.D.'s brother, and, from that, I wouldn't have guessed that he could put on such a performance as he did in the last few episodes of this show's first season. Great villain.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #367 on: June 10, 2015, 05:52:41 AM »
Ah, that's why he looked familiar.  Usually I look these things up, but I never got around to it.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #368 on: June 11, 2015, 06:40:48 AM »
Wait, so episode 23 was the finale?  What an abrupt ending that leaves too many questions...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #369 on: June 21, 2015, 08:00:10 PM »
This isn't so much about the show but there's no thread called 'insane stuff Vee found reading old comics' (yet) so here's one.

Been reading the full run of all the bats stuff (i'm up to 1982, yay me) and my jla readings found something funny. initially at least, though Prof. Stein was aware when they were Firestorm and could talk to Ronnie, it wasn't like on arrow or the cartoons where they had to be in the same place and both decide to become him. Ronnie could change to Firestorm at will, and no matter where Stein's body was he'd just disappear. And despite the awareness during, when he'd return he'd have no memory whatsoever of where he was or what he was doing. So basically this respected Professor suddenly starts disappearing and having blackouts and at least up to the point I'm at which is a few years after Firestorm's introduction, Ronnie never goes to explain it to him so he could try to come up with some decent excuses or whatnot, and y'know, know he's not crazy.

I'm just imagining an editorial meeting where Conway and Milgrom propose this new hero and the editor's response is 'I really love this kid who gets his powers from having his professor inside him, but could you do anything to make it a bit more rapey?'

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #370 on: June 22, 2015, 12:23:53 AM »
Proooobably should have posted this 4 weeks ago, but they're reairing every episode of The Flash on the CW on Tuesdays! So anyone who missed episodes should watch them. They're also going up online after they reair, so you can catch up, too.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #371 on: June 22, 2015, 04:57:29 AM »
BTW - fun Metal remix of the main theme.  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1Bw3tZ3otw

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #372 on: June 25, 2015, 11:25:08 PM »
Flash and iZombie Oct 6
Arrow and Supernatural Oct 7

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »
Word from Comic Con is that Geoff Johns said Jay Garrick will definitely be in this season of Flash.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »
of course he will, no one's going to let a sweet hat like that go without a fight.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #375 on: July 15, 2015, 02:32:11 AM »
Latest season zero comic thickens the plot on the Caitlyn front even more. Evidently her mentor was a thermal physicist.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2015, 01:51:45 PM »
Word from Comic Con is that Geoff Johns said Jay Garrick will definitely be in this season of Flash.

And there were massive hints dropped that he wouldn't be the only Earth-2 hero that would pop up.  I would love to see Stargirl, and since she's Geoff Johns most prized creation... I wouldn't be surprised to see her at some point. 

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #377 on: July 15, 2015, 07:56:25 PM »
The Flash 2015 Comic Con Sizzle Reel

Most of the video is a recap of season 1, but the last 90 seconds or so give us hints at what's coming.

Spoiler for Hidden:
"My name is Jay Garrick."

Zoom is coming.

Comments on the video on Facebook were also talking about additional things that have been confirmed for season 2.  Some, of course, are less surprising than others.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Earth-2
Detective Patty Spivot
Wally West
Vibe
Killer Frost
Hawkgirl
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #378 on: August 02, 2015, 08:30:02 AM »
So, there I was walking across the lobby and Glee was on the TV.  Something makes me stop and watch for a minute.  After a moment my conscious mind catches up to my subconscious perception and I'm like 'where do I know that guy from?'...  After checking the episode on imdb.com I figured out that it's Barry Allen himself!  Actors be messing with my mind.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #379 on: August 02, 2015, 10:06:10 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"My name is Jay Garrick."

Zoom is coming.
To quote myself from about 14 pages ago:
Spoiler for Hidden:
ZOOM! ;D
My guess is for an Eddie-Eobard amalgam...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:04:50 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.