Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1749136 times)

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #6120 on: September 23, 2015, 06:07:01 PM »
Is this the same group of folks with the leader who threatened to reveal the whole deal and team, backers and all, by Day X if the team didn't come forth and do it?

Clearly, trusting them with pertinent information after that is the *last* thing anyone from the Hail Mary Team would do in a million years.   So the fact that they think nothing whatsoever is happening should be seen as a *good* thing.   :P

Where these not the same guys (or guy) who saw some demo-recorded video, accused somebody of having a private server, then demanded access? Clearly a mentally-troubled individual is at work there. I am perfectly okay with banning them from the game when it returns.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #6121 on: September 24, 2015, 02:15:30 AM »
Where these not the same guys (or guy) who saw some demo-recorded video, accused somebody of having a private server, then demanded access?

Why yes.  Yes they are.  Perhaps one should start a campaign to send them poo by mail?  http://poopsenders.com/  That would at least give them something to do with their free tim.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6122 on: September 24, 2015, 02:32:23 AM »
Where these not the same guys (or guy) who saw some demo-recorded video, accused somebody of having a private server, then demanded access?

Anyone have a link to that video?  I'm vaguely curious to see what someone thought was evidence of a private server.

Stitchified

• Boss
  • Errors are not in the art but in the artificers.
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #6123 on: September 24, 2015, 03:46:02 AM »
the only thing NCSoft does now is provide financial backing/support to ANet (and based on the new EULA, some form of legal/corporate structure for the EU region), and collects their cut of the proceeds.  Everything else is ANet.
Isn't this what is trying to be done for CoH? It makes me wonder why NCsoft didn't think of doing what they did with ANet with CoH, it would've saved em alot of time, grief and users...

Stitchified

• Boss
« Reply #6124 on: September 24, 2015, 03:48:46 AM »
Where these not the same guys (or guy) who saw some demo-recorded video, accused somebody of having a private server, then demanded access? Clearly a mentally-troubled individual is at work there. I am perfectly okay with banning them from the game when it returns.
Anyone have a link to that video?  I'm vaguely curious to see what someone thought was evidence of a private server.
Who exactly were/are the people who accused somebody of having a private server? doesn't seem like you're talking bout NCsoft, was it just a random group of people who were mad at the possibility of someone having a private server?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #6125 on: September 24, 2015, 04:11:34 AM »
Who exactly were/are the people who accused somebody of having a private server? doesn't seem like you're talking bout NCsoft, was it just a random group of people who were mad at the possibility of someone having a private server?

Yes.

NCsoft would not be on Facebook if they wanted to take action against a private server; they have lawyers.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6126 on: September 24, 2015, 05:44:37 PM »

The group (or person?) being discussed runs a facebook page. They have nothing to do with NCSoft or the negotiations.

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6127 on: September 24, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »
Why yes.  Yes they are.  Perhaps one should start a campaign to send them poo by mail?  http://poopsenders.com/  That would at least give them something to do with their free tim.

Thank you for linking to this. I don't plan on using the service, but I finally found my perfect garage band name. :)

Stitchified

• Boss
« Reply #6128 on: September 24, 2015, 11:19:42 PM »
The group (or person?) being discussed runs a facebook page. They have nothing to do with NCSoft or the negotiations.
Well, that's good (I think), thanks for clearing that up :)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6129 on: September 25, 2015, 02:44:16 PM »
I've found, sadly, that voice-of-reason replies to these threads get swiftly buried in trollery, like a sandcastle trying to face down an incoming tide.  So, I've about given up on even replying in those threads, which seem fueled largely by resentment and negativity.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6130 on: September 25, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »
I've found, sadly, that voice-of-reason replies to these threads get swiftly buried in trollery, like a sandcastle trying to face down an incoming tide.  So, I've about given up on even replying in those threads, which seem fueled largely by resentment and negativity.

You can't fix stupid.

Nate and the new Overlords have money and time invested. They also are players like we are that want their home back. I think it will take NCSoft saying go away we don't want to sell - for them to give up.

That has not happened. In fact NCSoft seems to be changing their attitude somewhat and selling some of their games or changing how they are dealt with.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6131 on: September 25, 2015, 06:14:48 PM »
You can't fix stupid.

Nate and the new Overlords have money and time invested. They also are players like we are that want their home back. I think it will take NCSoft saying go away we don't want to sell - for them to give up.

That has not happened. In fact NCSoft seems to be changing their attitude somewhat and selling some of their games or changing how they are dealt with.

You just reminded me of some evidence actually.  The fact that ncsoft and arena net have put some distance between one another I'd guess that's a transitional move.  It may be that selling coh is next.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 06:55:44 PM by LaughingAlex »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6132 on: September 25, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »

Couldn't someone have just used a video prior to shutdown and simply claim it to be current? Or would a time-stamp reveal that type of trickery?
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6133 on: September 25, 2015, 06:47:38 PM »
Couldn't someone have just used a video prior to shutdown and simply claim it to be current? Or would a time-stamp reveal that type of trickery?

Sure that's possible, although you'd have to be very careful about certain things like claiming its a private server running build X, and accidentally using an older video for which the game behaved subtly different in ways detectable (a power working differently, say).  But I was thinking about the reverse: someone seeing a video of a demorecord or something else similar and confusing it with a live game.  I mean, demorecords don't even have visible UIs, so that seems unlikely or incredibly stupid. 

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6134 on: September 25, 2015, 07:02:42 PM »
Thank you for linking to this. I don't plan on using the service, but I finally found my perfect garage band name. :)

I was just thinking Nate and the Overlords would be a good garage band name as well.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6135 on: September 25, 2015, 09:12:12 PM »

There is not a mechanism that even Arcana could design that could respond every time someone said something dumb on Facebook.  No!Turning the Internet off is not an option.

I still hold out Nate is doing his thing and will wave the white flag when he feels it is right to call defeat.  Otherwise, time spent responding to foolishness is just foolishness.

Worst case COH will be available for a new generation of players.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #6136 on: September 26, 2015, 12:33:26 AM »
I was just thinking Nate and the Overlords would be a good garage band name as well.

Score!
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6137 on: September 27, 2015, 07:59:43 AM »
You can't fix stupid.

now thats a good name...Nate and the New Overlords, now opening for Iron Maiden!!

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #6138 on: September 27, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »
Doc Artz

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #6139 on: September 27, 2015, 07:53:41 PM »