Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1747122 times)

duane

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #6160 on: September 29, 2015, 10:57:51 PM »
...and then their cousin bursts in and starts pouring gasoline all over their living room furniture while we're talking about the car.

That cousin will not be getting a Christmas card this year.  Or Next Year.  In fact, give back last year's Christmas Card.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #6161 on: September 29, 2015, 11:44:43 PM »
and then their cousin bursts in and starts pouring gasoline all over their living room furniture while we're talking about the car.
Thanks for the quasi-official update on how things are going (basically just confirming that things are pretty much as expected, but it's still good to have it verified), and for making me laugh.

Now if only they'd sell the car before someone lights a match... Buying a car is a lot more complicated when the paperwork and owners have gone up in flames even if the car isn't caught in the blaze.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Zerohour

• Lieutenant
  • Trapped in the Speed Force
« Reply #6162 on: September 29, 2015, 11:48:46 PM »
i sincerely hope for the sake of everyone on here who has been strung along these 2 years that this actually happens.  but i feel like the forward momentum we had going for a while is all but gone, and that people are losing interest.  city of titans feels like little more than a memory right now too, all they do is post lore

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6163 on: September 30, 2015, 07:07:18 AM »
Removed a bunch of posts stemming from obvious flamebait.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6164 on: September 30, 2015, 07:26:58 AM »

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6165 on: September 30, 2015, 10:46:46 AM »

It was fun while it lasted. #noregrets #noegretseither #seriouslyscrewegrets

Surelle

« Reply #6166 on: September 30, 2015, 12:31:07 PM »
i sincerely hope for the sake of everyone on here who has been strung along these 2 years that this actually happens.  but i feel like the forward momentum we had going for a while is all but gone, and that people are losing interest.  city of titans feels like little more than a memory right now too, all they do is post lore

Please remember that no one is being "strung along," because Team Hail Mary didn't strut around claiming to have CoX back up and running by Day X, or its IP available for leasing by Day Y.  It was actually a Facebook poster who leaked that these deals were being attempted, NOT Team Hail Mary (who was caught as unawares as all of us were).  Then the Facebook poster threatened to reveal not only the identities of the team, but of the financial backers, as well as everything he knew about the actual deal by Day X if Team Hail Mary didn't come forward and do it.

The version that we got on page 1 of this thread, posted by Hail Mary leader Nate Downes, was actually much less detailed (and rightly so!! ) than what the Facebook guy was threatening to do.  However, this is exactly why Nate made the announcement himself-- so the deal wouldn't be blown completely out of the water by the Facebook guy, with the end result being that NCSoft would walk away over private information still in flux and under NDA becoming public news.

So we shouldn't know anything if things had played out correctly.  If you're mad, go be mad at the Facebook guy, who has added a lot of constant grief and trolling to this deal forevermore, because of his lack of common sense and attention-seeking behavior.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6167 on: September 30, 2015, 12:44:13 PM »
I am happier, sort of - that things came out.

I was getting threats from people to come to my house and kick my butt - yes, over trying to get a game. It was titanic pressure being in the middle and to have people question your honor and intent. If anyone knows of a decent SCA knight - they will know our honor is extremely important to us. We really try to live upright lives. We are human and some fail and sometimes spectacularly.

I again work for a big company and I know how budgets work and Cailyn pretty much verified what I was thinking, they don't have a lot of money to spend on the selling of games. I would even bet that for this unit making the deal - this isn't their primary job. They may be the dead storage group.

Working for a company of over 80,000 employees I know what it is like to finally get the name of the one guy at Corporate who buys our Wireless access points to get information only he has and he is on vacation for 3 weeks. All while I have a WAP not working outside of an Executive conference room..........

I would be willing to bet they are facing similar issues. It's not that they won't sell its just that they could be leveling up their Llama on Llama's Online. So in between surfing the web and gaming they occasionally actually work.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6168 on: September 30, 2015, 03:06:43 PM »
If you're mad, go be mad at the Facebook guy

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6169 on: September 30, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »

I understand how you feel. I don't agree that nothing is being done - I just think you don't know how hard it can be to work with a really large company.

NCSoft has really large pockets and they will not allow anyone to have cause to sue them or seek any kind of damages while selling an old property. So you have a group selling a game they weren't looking to sell. Nate and the New Overlords talked them into it. Now they are seeing what they have and the folks with the stuff likely aren't techs. They may just be the dead storage guys working on this when they don't have other stuff to do.

There was no momentum on NCSoft's side. The momentum was all on our side to get life back in the community. I won't stop even if this attempt fails just like the last one did. Live your life, keep your head up and one day this will all be a bad memory.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #6170 on: September 30, 2015, 04:38:34 PM »
Live your life, keep your head up and one day this will all be a bad memory.

QFT
Beware the mighty faceplant!

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #6171 on: September 30, 2015, 05:47:12 PM »

Is it bad I want to both report and like this?
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6172 on: September 30, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »
Is it bad I want to both report and like this?

So.... you want to report that you like this?

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #6173 on: September 30, 2015, 08:14:25 PM »
So.... you want to report that you like this?
In that case i'd say mission accomplished. All without cosplaying as a pilot on an aircraft carrier.

Zerohour

• Lieutenant
  • Trapped in the Speed Force
« Reply #6174 on: October 01, 2015, 12:10:44 AM »

Did I miss something?

Surelle

« Reply #6175 on: October 01, 2015, 01:17:15 AM »
Did I miss something?

Clearly you did, yes.   :)

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6176 on: October 01, 2015, 02:04:51 AM »
Did I miss something?
'

you missed the victoria's secret models marching in support of COH...and a 420 piece marching band, all playing kazoos...too bad, they were great

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #6177 on: October 01, 2015, 05:59:37 AM »
Did I miss something?
Nothing of note. Poorly written simplistic trolling that was pretty typical of a certain recurring troll that reappears every so often before being banned again.

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #6178 on: October 01, 2015, 07:04:54 AM »
'

you missed the victoria's secret models marching in support of COH...and a 420 piece marching band, all playing kazoos...too bad, they were great

I dunno i think the voovoozela brigade was better and when the Blue Angels did that flyby with the thunder birds and Voltron while Batman and captain America brake danced ?
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6179 on: October 01, 2015, 03:31:28 PM »
I dunno i think the voovoozela brigade was better and when the Blue Angels did that flyby with the thunder birds and Voltron while Batman and captain America brake danced ?

Did this happen on Mulberry Street?