Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1749743 times)

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #5060 on: February 19, 2015, 08:12:26 PM »
How could you not know the great Monty Python!?!? For shame! You ought to go sit on the Shame Step for that!

Silly English kuh-nig-it. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time...
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #5061 on: February 19, 2015, 08:56:38 PM »
Just don't say mattress.  We may not have a big enough bag for FFM.

A Mattress?  That's a female Matt, right?
Beware the mighty faceplant!

Sister Leortha

• Underling
« Reply #5062 on: February 19, 2015, 09:41:04 PM »
My favorite pre-ED character was my own personal Sapper.  A Kin/elec-def, built mostly around Short Circut.    I could stealth into the middle of a group, pop SC, which would 100% drain most minions.  I had a couple of other powers set up for END draining for anyone who managed to keep any END after the initial SC.  The drained enemies would wander around, unable to take any useful actions.  At that point it was a simple matter to finish them all off before they started to regain END.

ED brought an end to the player-Sapper.  Pre-ED I could easily floor +1 minions, and even level Lts.  Post ED, I was lucky to take off 3/4 of the END from +0s.  An angry mob of enemies with 1/4 END would slice right through a squishy def.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/User:Sister_Leortha, about 3/4 of the way down, if anyone cares.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5063 on: February 19, 2015, 10:24:38 PM »
A Mattress?  That's a female Matt, right?

I think that's a Mattrix.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5064 on: February 19, 2015, 10:26:51 PM »
How could you not know the great Monty Python!?!? For shame! You ought to go sit on the Shame Step for that!

I'd wager Surelle posted that not expecting it'd prompt the Spanish Inquisition.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5065 on: February 19, 2015, 10:28:25 PM »
I'd wager Surelle posted that not expecting it'd prompt the Spanish Inquisition.

That's because no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

adarict

• Boss
« Reply #5066 on: February 19, 2015, 10:30:46 PM »
My favorite pre-ED character was my own personal Sapper.  A Kin/elec-def, built mostly around Short Circut.    I could stealth into the middle of a group, pop SC, which would 100% drain most minions.  I had a couple of other powers set up for END draining for anyone who managed to keep any END after the initial SC.  The drained enemies would wander around, unable to take any useful actions.  At that point it was a simple matter to finish them all off before they started to regain END.

ED brought an end to the player-Sapper.  Pre-ED I could easily floor +1 minions, and even level Lts.  Post ED, I was lucky to take off 3/4 of the END from +0s.  An angry mob of enemies with 1/4 END would slice right through a squishy def.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/User:Sister_Leortha, about 3/4 of the way down, if anyone cares.

I wouldn't say that ED ended player sappers.  My Emp/Elec Defender was geared almost entirely to that role, right up until the end.  There were enough end drain powers, combined with EndMod IOs, that there were very few things I couldn't floor their End in pretty short order.  granted, I didn't have the damage output to kill some of the higher end mobs, but between the End drain, and the stacking stuns, I was seldom in any danger from most things in the game.  Notable exceptions did exist of course.  :)

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5067 on: February 19, 2015, 11:05:21 PM »
Awww, Twisted!  That had such a bad ending!  And I was figuring everything would be okay after all that....

Go!  Go change that ending!  Naaaaowwww!   ;D

PS/ Did you make that up?
Although, there are some that are trying to get the Large Man with Dead Body to let CoH  (Dead Body that Claims it Isn't) go. The Large Man with Dead Body insists that CoH is dead. Despite CoH wanting to go for a walk. The decision whether to whack it in the head with a club or let it walk is still under negotiation. I'm leaning towards letting it walk and then I'll change the ending.

Also, as other have pointed out, this is a part from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  :)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5068 on: February 20, 2015, 01:26:15 AM »
Electric control was a pretty good sapper out of the box. I've been fiddling around with a combination of electric blast and patron pool power sink in mids. the numbers look silly but not sure how it'd work out in game.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5069 on: February 20, 2015, 02:46:05 AM »
Electric control was a pretty good sapper out of the box. I've been fiddling around with a combination of electric blast and patron pool power sink in mids. the numbers look silly but not sure how it'd work out in game.

Endurance drain is difficult to analyze on-paper because recovery is not continuous.  What we think of as continuous endurance recovery is actually more like a periodic heal.  Recovery debuff acts to slow down the ticks, not make them smaller.  And that means in actual play endurance drain combined with recovery debuff can have a more "jumpy" effect than a casual on-paper analysis would suggest.  And if what looks like a continuous drain to zero is actually more of a drain to zero and jumpy on-off recovery that allows critters to fight back in a staccato way.  It takes a lot of experience with drain to be able to reasonable guess what on-paper drain will actually do to critters in real combat.  Averages don't always match reality.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5070 on: February 20, 2015, 02:51:41 AM »

My Electric/Electric Dominator, Elec/Psi Dominator and my Elec/Elec BLASTER all disagree...

My Blaster regular drained Mobs to little to no end.. and kept them there..

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5071 on: February 20, 2015, 03:58:20 AM »
Awww, Twisted!  That had such a bad ending!  And I was figuring everything would be okay after all that....

Go!  Go change that ending!  Naaaaowwww!   ;D

PS/ Did you make that up?
I legit had a sad.

To the point that I had to use net-speak to express it.

The author of my quote is sorely lacking in movie-going experiences.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #5072 on: February 20, 2015, 07:33:30 AM »
My Electric/Electric Dominator, Elec/Psi Dominator and my Elec/Elec BLASTER all disagree...

My Blaster regular drained Mobs to little to no end.. and kept them there..

Same, generally speaking.

I, too, had a Kin/Elec/NRG Defender, and while noticeably less effective post-ED vs. pre-ED, it was still a damn deadly toon.

Tank takes Alpha - jump in, Power Build Up + a slotted Short Circuit = mobs @ 0 END, LT's at effectively 0 END, and Bosses damn close.  Ball Lightning, Transfusion + Transference (all with 1-2 EndMod's) equaled Boss at 0 (no sense hitting the LT's, they're dead before it makes a difference)/EB hurting/AV with a chunk off.  Not what it was pre-ED but a definite boon to teams for sure.  Cycle SC, BL, and both TF's (with PBU as it comes off CD) and before you can blink the EB/AV is stuck in Brawl-only mode.

Slow going solo for sure, but in a team - egads, the "Watch the Blaster tank!" carnage!  As if a /Kin didn't already provide enough... :o

Reaper

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5073 on: February 20, 2015, 02:18:11 PM »
I could see the Black Knight scene being used for CoH.   ;D
Patiently lurking from the shadows...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5074 on: February 20, 2015, 04:26:34 PM »
It's only a flesh wound...anyone have a wakie?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #5075 on: February 20, 2015, 04:44:52 PM »
The author of my quote is sorely lacking in movie-going experiences.

I remember watching it for the (and only) time. By the time I had seen it, all of the (theoretically) funniest lines had been so over quoted around me at various times I found the last line to be the funniest (some sort of naughty joke as I recall). I mean, it was still good, but a bit spoiled.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #5076 on: February 20, 2015, 05:39:52 PM »
Old Man at the Bridge: "What is your favorite Archetype?"

So many memories of discussions started with team members just by firing off one quote from the movie. ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:49:33 PM by Sugoi »

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #5077 on: February 20, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »
Endurance drain is difficult to analyze on-paper because recovery is not continuous.  What we think of as continuous endurance recovery is actually more like a periodic heal.  Recovery debuff acts to slow down the ticks, not make them smaller.  And that means in actual play endurance drain combined with recovery debuff can have a more "jumpy" effect than a casual on-paper analysis would suggest.  And if what looks like a continuous drain to zero is actually more of a drain to zero and jumpy on-off recovery that allows critters to fight back in a staccato way.  It takes a lot of experience with drain to be able to reasonable guess what on-paper drain will actually do to critters in real combat.  Averages don't always match reality.

I found that post ED drain matched up pretty well with electric armor.  Drain most of their end with power sink, lightning field takes away some of what's left.  Renders the high end usage mobs in the game (I believe rikti bosses were one of them) a lot less dangerous, and against many other enemies acts as a kind of pseudo recharge debuff.  Slowing them down enough that tanker defenses/ regen make them extra harmless.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5078 on: February 20, 2015, 07:50:17 PM »
Ok, my original "Bring out yer dead" post has been edited to help alleviate any ill feelings and also to go along with the current status of CoH.

Also, What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5079 on: February 20, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »
Ok, my original "Bring out yer dead" post has been edited to help alleviate any ill feelings and also to go along with the current status of CoH.

Also, What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Yes, but what is the air speed of an unladen Longbow?  Well, before you shoot them out of the air because they're, you know...Longbow.