Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748872 times)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #4160 on: November 16, 2014, 03:36:26 PM »
And I've been waiting years to play NekoMancer... my female MistressMind in control of a mob of Catgirls! Nyaaaa!  (Neko means Cat in Japanese.... grin)
Catgirl Mastermind requires the addition of Catnip Coolers to the game. Actually most of the products and/or services in The Cape Radio ads should be implemented in game if/when we get 1.5 and all that. Oh, and the Rikti-raser. i wish i knew where to find those ads, they were hilarious.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #4161 on: November 16, 2014, 05:02:24 PM »
Catgirl Mastermind requires the addition of Catnip Coolers to the game. Actually most of the products and/or services in The Cape Radio ads should be implemented in game if/when we get 1.5 and all that. Oh, and the Rikti-raser. i wish i knew where to find those ads, they were hilarious.

With NekoMancer's basic build being Thugs/Pain Dom... I figured the Pain Dom powers were just disguised use of Catnip and Kitty Toys to keep the Kittens in line.  And it would be fun to modify all the Thugs powers, taking away all ranged attacks from the set... making the Catgirl Thugs all Scrappers... Just imagine the mayhem when their opponent fires a Catnip Yarn ball via Mortar in the general direction of a supporting group, which the CatnipLocked Kitties would happily run into, and then drag them back with them into the main battle going on...  Catfight, anyone?   ;D

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4162 on: November 16, 2014, 05:18:06 PM »
Clearly, they should all be using Savage Melee powers.

... I'm sad again.

microc

• Boss
« Reply #4163 on: November 16, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »
I always wanted to see snowman mm and Santa.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4164 on: November 16, 2014, 09:17:35 PM »
Honestly I don't think CoX would be a big enough market for gold farmers to give a crap about. Thinking about cost benefit, the time they spending grinding for inf in CoX, more than likely would have made more money from WoW or ESO or what ever is out there right now

Gold farmers are egalitarian in their efforts, seems to me. Oh well, as long as we have the block/report function in place I will deal with it. And here's hoping CoT rolls out the gate with the same exact functionality.

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #4165 on: November 16, 2014, 10:07:20 PM »
Clearly, they should all be using Savage Melee powers.

Yeowch!!! That looks like it could hurt!   So we merge Thugs (Pack) Powerset with Savage Melee and watch the fur fly....  Teamed with an AOE Healer (Kin is a fav of mine) the Pack would be truly viscious.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #4166 on: November 16, 2014, 10:37:28 PM »
Yeowch!!! That looks like it could hurt!   So we merge Thugs (Pack) Powerset with Savage Melee and watch the fur fly....  Teamed with an AOE Healer (Kin is a fav of mine) the Pack would be truly viscious.

I like kinetics, I can see where it would be so overpowered on a mastermind

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #4167 on: November 16, 2014, 10:47:58 PM »
I like kinetics, I can see where it would be so overpowered on a mastermind

I have to agree with you there... Mastermind was easy enough with Force Field as a secondary. (I soloed a Bots/FF MM 95% of the way thru the Rogue Isles.)  With a Kin secondary, the troops would have been unstoppable.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4168 on: November 17, 2014, 05:57:50 AM »
I have to agree with you there... Mastermind was easy enough with Force Field as a secondary. (I soloed a Bots/FF MM 95% of the way thru the Rogue Isles.)  With a Kin secondary, the troops would have been unstoppable.

Check the numbers. You could get pretty close to that with /NAff. The tier 9 is worth about a 4 stack of FS with a sizable end discount.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4169 on: November 17, 2014, 07:41:36 PM »
I can't see Gold Farmers returning to a game that is itself returning from the dead.   
Anytime  a farmer would broadcast they would get reported and their account nuked. 
Then they altered trial accounts as I recall to eliminate certain chat features to stop the gold farmers and that greatly reduced the farm spam.

Once the game returns, simply don't offer trial accounts.  Between Gold Farmers and those that would use trial accounts to try to name grief, we would be better off without them.

One measure was that trial accounts actually could not broadcast without spending some money.  They also had no super group access and generally had no emailing rights(For two weeks) either, which stopped them from spamming any players email.  So the best they could safely do was go to the atlas park auction house.  If they took that away, then made other auction houses behind something very dangerous to get to without travel powers, maybe that'd hurt em?  Even then would that even be necessary?
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4170 on: November 17, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »
That and the same reason there wasn't gold farmers really near the end.  A) Chat restrictions and B) Influence is super easy to obtain in that game.  There is no reason to buy Inf because it comes in so fast you can make others toons just for holding it.  There is no money to be made selling Inf in City of Heroes.  Sure there are always the occasional go-getters that set up bots to spam any possible game in existence.  But for the most part I imagine it will remain untouched.

Not to mention the community.  I had so much money near the end of the game I would have just given someone millions of inf before they went and bought some.

I can think gold farmers MIGHT try to cash in early on, untill they see normal players making more than enough for everything.  Gold farmers also tend to rely on monopolization of markets in local areas, which wasn't possible in city of heroes due to the fact that everyone could make their own "farming instances" in some form or another.  Or even not worry about having a "farming instance" and just go for allignment merits all the time.  Not to mention, areas I suppose they could try to monopolize wouldn't work, and course, gold farmers would more be like scrubs than stop having fun guys, as they'd try to import tactics like they did in other places, fail and never really learn why.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4171 on: November 17, 2014, 10:43:45 PM »
Early in my CoH gaming career, I actually did purchase influence - completely safe from detection by the devs/mods.  I bought it from my real life friends, who were also members of my SG; who's to say they weren't just being nice to a fellow SG member and global friend?  One of my best friends is cash poor in real life, but a fantastic farmer for his characters.  I have cash, but limited playing time (having to spend long hours earning said cash).  A mutually beneficial arrangement was soon arrived at.

Later on, I found a much better cash-for-INF scheme - I'd purchase Super Packs and sell off unwanted ATOs or just use the Reward Merits from them to buy LotG Recharge recipes and such.  A far better method, at least from my perspective.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4172 on: November 17, 2014, 10:52:43 PM »
Early in my CoH gaming career, I actually did purchase influence - completely safe from detection by the devs/mods.  I bought it from my real life friends, who were also members of my SG; who's to say they weren't just being nice to a fellow SG member and global friend?  One of my best friends is cash poor in real life, but a fantastic farmer for his characters.  I have cash, but limited playing time (having to spend long hours earning said cash).  A mutually beneficial arrangement was soon arrived at.

Later on, I found a much better cash-for-INF scheme - I'd purchase Super Packs and sell off unwanted ATOs or just use the Reward Merits from them to buy LotG Recharge recipes and such.  A far better method, at least from my perspective.

Many of my profits came from the rewards of Hero Merits and Reward merits.  LotG was good one for a long time.  Several hundred million a pop.

Not to mention you could save money that way too.  Just use the merits instead of the AH to obtain what you need.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #4173 on: November 17, 2014, 11:33:35 PM »
i never bought influence, but I did hand a lot out.

about 2 billion each month during SG contests + sweet receipes and salvage.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4174 on: November 18, 2014, 12:25:36 AM »
One measure was that trial accounts actually could not broadcast without spending some money.  They also had no super group access and generally had no emailing rights(For two weeks) either, which stopped them from spamming any players email.  So the best they could safely do was go to the atlas park auction house.  If they took that away, then made other auction houses behind something very dangerous to get to without travel powers, maybe that'd hurt em?  Even then would that even be necessary?

They could just remove the Auction House from Atlas thus forcing the spammers to try to get to another Zone to lurk at the AH, but given that the spammers didn't really level their characters they wouldn't make it to the AH.

Or they could have it where there is no chatting at all for any account in the AH.  Also neutralize powers in the AH for those that leave noisy demon pets spawns, leave their heal power on auto or go around spamming Speed boost if a kin......so annoying when one is trying to shop in the AH :)
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4175 on: November 18, 2014, 12:36:51 AM »
Also neutralize powers in the AH for those that leave noisy demon pets spawns, leave their heal power on auto or go around spamming Speed boost if a kin......so annoying when one is trying to shop in the AH :)
That drove me crazy as well.  Yet another reason my all-time favorite high-Tier reward was Remote Action House Access.  Aside from logging time for Day Job credit, I never bothered to set foot in Wentworth's ever again.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4176 on: November 18, 2014, 01:29:42 AM »
If you're not willing to pay the usual 15$ fee or the 12 month subscription with discount then you must really not want this game back that badly. 10 year old or not "there is no other game like cox" " I don't have fun in any other game" etc speaks to me that it's worth doing whatever possible to get the game back and to keep it running.

This game isn't going to run at 5$ or 10$ a month unless many people have multiple accounts, buy lots of cash shop items or we end up with huge subscription numbers to pay for the games expenses or the game is flooded with ingame talking ads that nobody likes.
Do you have access to some numbers for that?   Just curious where that info comes from.

I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the cost to run a maintenance-mode CoH legacy game would be much lower than it was when the game was running.   They wouldn't be paying anyone to design new content for one thing.    $15 a month for the previous more costly CoH made sense...I don't see why I should assume the same rate is needed for a cheaper to run CoH.   And I'm not going to ignore the fact that the game made more money after lowering the sub price to zero either.   I don't think "$15" is a dividing line between profitability and non-profitability.   There may need to be a carrot of some sort to get some people to play a game without updates.

$15 a month would push me from 2 accounts down to one I must say.   It might surprise some to learn that because they can afford it that doesn't mean the same is true of everyone.    It might not be "because you don't want the game back that badly".   :P

Coincidentally, I'm in the process of changing banks because my current bank insists on hitting me with a $12 monthly service fee every time my checking account falls below a certain limit.  (While they ignore all the money I keep in savings at that bank) 

Is $12 a lot of money?   Nope...but that sort of thing adds up across the board and I pay attention to things like that....which is why I'm able to live within a budget and not fall into financial difficulty.   

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #4177 on: November 18, 2014, 02:39:32 AM »
i never bought influence, but I did hand a lot out.

about 2 billion each month during SG contests + sweet receipes and salvage.
I too never bought inf from gold sellers, I earned my 3.25 bil though-out the years that I played. In my first year I was taken for 15 mil from a few ex sg member who I thought was going to trade with me again but they logged and did not log on for 4 months.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4178 on: November 18, 2014, 04:32:29 AM »
That drove me crazy as well.  Yet another reason my all-time favorite high-Tier reward was Remote Action House Access.  Aside from logging time for Day Job credit, I never bothered to set foot in Wentworth's ever again.

Yeah nothing like flying to a relatively deserted area of a zone and sit in peace and quiet as one used the AH.

I generally would hit the flight ceiling and be in a corner of a zone.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

PesdjetVanguard

• Underling
« Reply #4179 on: November 18, 2014, 05:29:56 AM »
$5/week for Ramen Noodles...check

$45/month for 3 accounts on CoX...check

done and done!
Freedom Server - Isis
SuperGroup - The Ennead