Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1750335 times)

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #4100 on: November 13, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »
Personally I don't care what it costs... my only hope is that there is no f2p option. I liked trial accounts.... At this point I think CoH will need funds from every player to ensure longevity. Last thing I want to see is CoH come back and then be shut down again du to not enough revenue... especially before CoH 1.5.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4101 on: November 13, 2014, 11:27:22 PM »
Personally I don't care what it costs... my only hope is that there is no f2p option. I liked trial accounts.... At this point I think CoH will need funds from every player to ensure longevity. Last thing I want to see is CoH come back and then be shut down again du to not enough revenue... especially before CoH 1.5.

Its not the most popular decision but I totally agree with it.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4102 on: November 14, 2014, 02:01:19 AM »
 I would pay 10 bucks a month.. More if I got my characters back...

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4103 on: November 14, 2014, 03:22:09 AM »
I believe the game should have  the f2p option. For the record, I was a COH subscribed player for 4 years and played on my friends account the whole time the game was running.  The F2P  was one of the best f2p out there. You could play up to 50  and experience the game and .

I  feel that in order to get more folks into the game, it might be a good idea to keep it. Remember , the game was doing better once it went F2P. If folks can see the greatness of the game, and try it out, then they would be willing to pay for the rest of the stuff.

I would still pay the $15/month btw but I believe $10 would be a fairer price to pay. Remmebr folks the other MMO's out there charging are constantly getting new updates . Our game isn't. This is why Im saying $10/month would be a better deal .

kierthos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4104 on: November 14, 2014, 04:44:49 AM »
I wouldn't mind paying a $15 monthly subscription fee at all, if it meant I got to play CoX again.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4105 on: November 14, 2014, 04:48:39 AM »
You'd price yourself out of a lot of business with those numbers. What you are willing to pay as an old invested CoH diehard is much different than the average gamer. Specifically when you are asking it for a game that IS dated in the graphics department, and was doomed to obscurity for a few years.

The reanimation of CoX isn't for "everyone," not really. Its for us diehards. Not many people who were NOT playing before, will be playing that. Its for those of us who were there, and who miss it terribly. Many of us are willing to pay to get back what was taken from us.

What will really be for "everyone," as in hoping to appeal to everyone, will be CoT/CoX2 or whatever it is called. That's cutting edge. CoX isn't cutting edge and wasn't for years.... we were there because of love. Not cutting edge graphics.... altho the updated bits we were getting were way appreciated of course, but still. It was love, not the lure of New Shinyz.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4106 on: November 14, 2014, 05:00:13 AM »
Two, how is it that $15/month is the magic bullet that makes everything work? Everyone seems so certain that this is the point at which it keeps everything afloat. I'm not locked into a number, and, for the record, I would pay $15/month if that is where the bar is set. I'm also not convinced that it is the clear cut optimum price range.

Because that was the prior sub price, is why. NC ran the game on $15/month for YEARS. At a profit I might add. I feel at least that much is needed at first, to get the resurrection off the ground. I would actually be willing to pay MORE per month.

I miss this game that badly.

Sometimes I really wonder if some folks would prefer to just have the game to themselves. If others didn't go through the pangs of separation and loss, then clearly they wouldn't be able to appreciate the game, and perhaps they should play something else.

If new people come into the resurrected game, great! I will welcome them. But..... its really for us. This attempt is not really for new players, its for us old-timers who want this game back worse than Eve wanted that big shiny tempting apple perched on the tippy-top of the Tree of Life. After all, I don't see non-players breaking their necks trying to resurrect the game - nope.

"HOW CAN I GET THAT?!!!" wondered Eve, craning her neck to look past the fluttering fabulous foliage as she lusted after that Apple of Forbidden Knowledge.

"HOW CAN I GET THAT?!!!" wondered the bereft CoX players, craning their necks to catch a glimpse of their old, much-beloved game on the misty horizon, lusting and MIDS-ing and jonesing to play their game again.

....How can we get that? Only the team leading the effort knows what NC wants, but rest assured: it wont happen for free.

Speaking in general: What is $15. I can blow $15 in less than five minutes on Amazon.com after all. [and sad to say, often do.] $15 is lunch money.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:13:24 AM by Illusionss »

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4107 on: November 14, 2014, 05:06:07 AM »
If you're not willing to pay the usual 15$ fee or the 12 month subscription with discount then you must really not want this game back that badly. 10 year old or not "there is no other game like cox" " I don't have fun in any other game" etc speaks to me that it's worth doing whatever possible to get the game back and to keep it running.

"There is no other game like CoX."

It cant be emphasized enough:

THERE

IS

NO

OTHER 

GAME

COX.

Nope. Not a one. Even the closest we have, by comparison is a voice in a distant room.

Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 08:57:03 PM by Illusionss »

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #4108 on: November 14, 2014, 08:56:12 AM »
What she said.....

I have to agree with Illusionss completely. I want the game back and I'm willing to pay a decent price every month for it.  At the sametime I want a f2p model because there was times (not long stretches). That I couldn't afford the 15 a month and would rather be f2p than go without.

And I want to echo the fact that there IS NOT ANOTHER GAME LIKE COH! Not until one of the three projects are finished that is and we still don't know for sure. If they'll be what we expect.

Either way, we can pick at this until the next update. It doesn't change the fact that what ever. The people that get the game ask we'll most likely pay it...... I know I will :P

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4109 on: November 14, 2014, 09:05:57 AM »
What she said.....

I have to agree with Illusionss completely. I want the game back and I'm willing to pay a decent price every month for it.  At the sametime I want a f2p model because there was times (not long stretches). That I couldn't afford the 15 a month and would rather be f2p than go without.

And I want to echo the fact that there IS NOT ANOTHER GAME LIKE COH! Not until one of the three projects are finished that is and we still don't know for sure. If they'll be what we expect.

Either way, we can pick at this until the next update. It doesn't change the fact that what ever. The people that get the game ask we'll most likely pay it...... I know I will :P

I must echo the sentiment that there is no other game like CoH, all other super hero games fall short in comparison to CoH.

In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #4110 on: November 14, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »
In my mind, to me it's not just all other super hero games. It's all other games period. City of Heroes did so many things right.

I still tell people it's the best game I've ever played (of course I mainly play RPGs, rarely anything else). I have a friend at work who's dying to play it because I talk about it so much. LOL!

Stealth Dart

• Boss
  • Martial Artists kick butt with style
« Reply #4111 on: November 14, 2014, 10:50:59 AM »
 :-X
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:34:07 AM by Stealth Dart »
I am a dancer, a leaf in the wind...a leaf that can kick your Butt!

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4112 on: November 14, 2014, 11:31:25 AM »
I agree with Illusionss.  I too would pay $15 a month to go back to my City.  Even if I have to start over from scratch level wise.  Having the game back is all that really matters.  If they go with F2P I would still sub just to keep the game going.  Not just for me but for everyone else who misses what we had.  Plus all those who never had the opportunity to visit.  I subbed continuously from Nov of 2005 until they refunded subs at shutdown in 2012.  As many have stated...there is no place like home!

You got that right! City of Heroes was MORE than just a game! /em holdtorch!  ;)

Netzahualcoyotl

• Minion
  • <Infinity alum - global Netzahualcoyotl>
« Reply #4113 on: November 14, 2014, 11:55:03 AM »
What she said.....

This.... we all will in the end if we want to be back playing.... ;)
... Atlanteans fled to far corners of the planet to preserve themselves and as much of their science and technology as time would allow...  Atlantean DNA remains among the inhabitants of Earth... and when the strains randomly cross-multiply... a re-combined Atlantean can occasionally result - stronger, faster, more evolved with abilities far beyond those of normal humanity... A being like... Atzlanticus!

Surelle

« Reply #4114 on: November 14, 2014, 01:49:20 PM »
I agree with Illusionss.  I too would pay $15 a month to go back to my City.  Even if I have to start over from scratch level wise.  Having the game back is all that really matters.  If they go with F2P I would still sub just to keep the game going.  Not just for me but for everyone else who misses what we had.  Plus all those who never had the opportunity to visit.  I subbed continuously from Nov of 2005 until they refunded subs at shutdown in 2012.  As many have stated...there is no place like home!

I agree too.  I'm already in line with a cash-laden fist thrust out.

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #4115 on: November 14, 2014, 02:41:05 PM »
I do not know how many new people would pop for the Legacy/binary copy/zombie CoH, I suspect not many; however, I DO believe that the CoX 1.5 on the updated game engine WOULD be something to promote for new players. GO IRISH GIRL!!

Dareon Kale

• Minion
« Reply #4116 on: November 14, 2014, 05:19:19 PM »
This jist of the argument is that it is improbable to get new players into the game before the graphics retrofit, so it is pointless to try? I suppose that's fair enough. My worry is that if the only people who play are on this forum with a handful of others, it will be very difficult to do much of the group oriented content. It was suggested to move on from this topic, so that'll be the last I say on the matter. It is my persistent and genuine desire to see you all in the game again, and, I hope, sooner rather than later.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4117 on: November 14, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »
This jist of the argument is that it is improbable to get new players into the game before the graphics retrofit, so it is pointless to try? I suppose that's fair enough. My worry is that if the only people who play are on this forum with a handful of others, it will be very difficult to do much of the group oriented content. It was suggested to move on from this topic, so that'll be the last I say on the matter. It is my persistent and genuine desire to see you all in the game again, and, I hope, sooner rather than later.

Keep in mind, there are probably alot of lurkers on the forums and even when the game gets rereleased the news will attract old customers who never even visit the official forums let alone Titian Network

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #4118 on: November 14, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »
Keep in mind, there are probably alot of lurkers on the forums and even when the game gets rereleased the news will attract old customers who never even visit the official forums let alone Titian Network

Many of my online CoH cronies are following this story.

LimbfromLimb

• Underling
« Reply #4119 on: November 14, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »
I to miss the game very much but $15 is not going to work for many of us.I do not make much so my family and bills come first.My wife and I played for almost the whole game and we made a point to always team with friends and new players to help the game.In order to play those of us who would pay for our significant other and our kids(we have 2) $15 adds up fast.Please try to remember some of us do not have much in the way of extra funds.Our friends that played want to play together and love this game but some have moved on and will not be back.I feel we need to rebuild the player base so we can keep the game for another 10 years or more
and costing $10 or less will bring more people which will bring a better player experience for all of us.We know there is no game like CoH but real life responsibilities always take priority.