Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1749690 times)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #4040 on: November 12, 2014, 02:01:30 AM »
Although the Major actually has had dozens of bodies stashed or "idling" around the globe and her ghost has gone repeatedly body hopping when need arose, and that's not counting what she became later. Although i don't think Section 9 is aware of all of that, and it would be in the Major's interest to not let them know.

Yes in Stand Alone Complex the Major was definitely secretive about the face that she could and would hop cyber bodies with ease and even operate 2 at once from her home.   Then in Solid State Society she was the Puppeteer.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4041 on: November 12, 2014, 02:20:45 AM »
I don't know... I sorta liked the f2p model myself - how about f2p for a static, I23 CoX (2004 version) with the store extras for purchase and a small subscription model for the various projects to come?

the I23 maint will have to pay for itself...subscriptions will do that. fully f2p wont

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #4042 on: November 12, 2014, 02:27:46 AM »
On a side note:  I heard that they are making a reboot of The $6 Million Dollar Man.

I sure hope they update that figure though....these days $6 Million would only get you a bionic big toe.

I believe the title for the reboot is going to be The Six Billion Dollar Man, due out in 2016... and for once they aren't trying to re-do it with Mike Myers or Jim Carey as the star.... (shudder).

Mark Wahlberg's done some enjoyable stuff lately, and I can buy him as someone who was meant to be a normal looking undercover agent most of the time, and not someone with wanna-be movie star looks.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4043 on: November 12, 2014, 02:42:52 AM »
I believe the title for the reboot is going to be The Six Billion Dollar Man, due out in 2016... and for once they aren't trying to re-do it with Mike Myers or Jim Carey as the star.... (shudder).

Mark Wahlberg's done some enjoyable stuff lately, and I can buy him as someone who was meant to be a normal looking undercover agent most of the time, and not someone with wanna-be movie star looks.

Well they mentioned in the new Robocop movie when someone said he looked like a million bucks, some stated 2 billion bucks.

So yeah I can see Colonel Steve Austin running into the billions for his bionic budget. 

Hm, as much as I don't like franchise crossovers, a Bionic Man vs. Robocop mini series could be interesting.
In fearful COH-less days

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #4044 on: November 12, 2014, 03:23:55 AM »
Well they mentioned in the new Robocop movie when someone said he looked like a million bucks, some stated 2 billion bucks.

So yeah I can see Colonel Steve Austin running into the billions for his bionic budget. 

Hm, as much as I don't like franchise crossovers, a Bionic Man vs. Robocop mini series could be interesting.

I always wanted to see a Robocop - Max Headroom combined universe series.
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4045 on: November 12, 2014, 04:10:32 AM »
It costs 100+ dollars for a modem or router.
WHAT? Maybe if you're getting them made out of solid gold or some shit. My router was $40 and an equivalent modem to the one provided for free by my cable carrier would be about $60.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #4046 on: November 12, 2014, 04:54:42 AM »
They're trying to reposses mine.. Something about abuse...

We've come for your liver...

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4047 on: November 12, 2014, 05:13:09 AM »
I would open the game up for a free open beta as fast as possible.

Then set a $5 monthly fee and have it include EVERYTHING. You get all powers, all special badges and so on.

Next set up the market for buying the usual stuff. Once the game is purchased contact the SCoRE team if they exist and work together to make a possibility for bringing i24 forward to conclusion.

Man, I wish i was a bit closer to retirement.

You're far too easy on everyone.

Free open beta, then $14.99/month to play. This includes everything. It is only fair to recompense the people making this effort somewhat, and to pay the costs associated with startup. Were the game still up now, I would have been paying $14.99/month this whole time. This isn't ripping people off, its a fair price. I totally WISH I was paying $14.99 now, trust me. This game is worth it.

Then set up the market.

When things age in a bit and we get CoT up and running, THEN drop down to $5/month.

That's just me.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4048 on: November 12, 2014, 05:17:34 AM »

I always wanted to see a Robocop - Max Headroom combined universe series.

Better yet, we have had a few comic miniseries and a Sega and Nintendo video game for this idea but now it is time I think for the ROBOCOP vs TERMINATOR movie to be made.
In fearful COH-less days

Dareon Kale

• Minion
« Reply #4049 on: November 12, 2014, 01:18:29 PM »

Free open beta, then $14.99/month to play. This includes everything. It is only fair to recompense the people making this effort somewhat, and to pay the costs associated with startup. Were the game still up now, I would have been paying $14.99/month this whole time. This isn't ripping people off, its a fair price. I totally WISH I was paying $14.99 now, trust me. This game is worth it.

Then set up the market.

When things age in a bit and we get CoT up and running, THEN drop down to $5/month.

That's just me.

You'd price yourself out of a lot of business with those numbers. What you are willing to pay as an old invested CoH diehard is much different than the average gamer. Specifically when you are asking it for a game that IS dated in the graphics department, and was doomed to obscurity for a few years.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4050 on: November 12, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »

Then set up the market.

That's just me.

I also don't agree with the $15/month idea, because in the past that $15/month bought me access to the game, and ALSO continued development in the game. $15/month for CoH 1.5, maybe, but unless there is a way to continue developing new things for CoH 1.0, and that doesn't appear likely, it's not reasonable to pay full price for a zombie game.

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #4051 on: November 12, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »
If it was me (and it's not, but if it was :)):

I'd leave the "freemium" model in place.  As much as I personally dislike the F2P schema,
it does bring in new players better than a full subscription-only plan.

Then I'd have the VIP subscription at $9.99 a month.

I would also have a relatively short window (about 6 months) where all the unlockables
are sold in a couple of bundles [costumes bundle, powers bundle, a bundle that included enough
tokens to go to vet reward tier 8, etc].  These could be used to bring a quick infusion of cash
and to bring all of us mostly back to what we had.

Going forward from that, I'd have the normal sales in the store.  I might even add in an Influence pack
and an SG Prestige pack for those folks who simply cannot wait to get their bases back up and running.

I'd also like to see a store purchase able to unlock the "VIP Tier 9" costume sets that they rotated out
of the reward tiers.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #4052 on: November 12, 2014, 01:42:27 PM »
You'd price yourself out of a lot of business with those numbers. What you are willing to pay as an old invested CoH diehard is much different than the average gamer. Specifically when you are asking it for a game that IS dated in the graphics department, and was doomed to obscurity for a few years.

Yes, cuz no one will pay for nostalgia.  ;)

Especially new gamers, who have NO interest in dated graphics.
http://www.gnomonschool.com/blog/3d-modeling/8-bit-art-is-the-future-of-3d-video-game-art-in-the-past
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #4053 on: November 12, 2014, 01:44:46 PM »
Not that I expect an answer or anything, because I don't.

But, I'd love to know where exactly things stand. 

Are we to the lawyers talking to each other stage? 
Are we still waiting on some manager's inbox for a proceed/no go answer?

I've personally never been in any kind of business deals at this level
and am basically just curious on how things proceed.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4054 on: November 12, 2014, 01:54:46 PM »
No one knows except those in the negotiations, and they're not going to tell us anything.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4055 on: November 12, 2014, 02:30:27 PM »
No one knows except those in the negotiations, and they're not going to tell us anything.

And its better that way.  :)
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4056 on: November 12, 2014, 02:52:18 PM »
I also don't agree with the $15/month idea, because in the past that $15/month bought me access to the game, and ALSO continued development in the game. $15/month for CoH 1.5, maybe, but unless there is a way to continue developing new things for CoH 1.0, and that doesn't appear likely, it's not reasonable to pay full price for a zombie game.

whoever runs the game will have to find a break even point. they wont run at a loss just to keep people happy.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4057 on: November 12, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »
And if $15 a month is too much, then perhaps it is not worth reanimating the game for you.  :P

There must be a compelling reason to reopen CoX on both sides, provider and consumer.   
The work-hours and technical expertise must be compensated (not forgetting an attractive profit margin), and reasonable expectations of the community must be met.

I was willing to play the game for the full subscription price b4 free play, I still paid the sub when free play came around, I was willing to pay it even if they hadn't offered free access til the shutdown.

If that's not you, so be it. But for me, $15/month was a small price to pay for the amount of enjoyment I received in all aspects of the game.

Netzahualcoyotl

• Minion
  • <Infinity alum - global Netzahualcoyotl>
« Reply #4058 on: November 12, 2014, 03:39:59 PM »
If it was me (and it's not, but if it was :)):

I'd leave the "freemium" model in place.  As much as I personally dislike the F2P schema,
it does bring in new players better than a full subscription-only plan.

Then I'd have the VIP subscription at $9.99 a month.

I would also have a relatively short window (about 6 months) where all the unlockables
are sold in a couple of bundles [costumes bundle, powers bundle, a bundle that included enough
tokens to go to vet reward tier 8, etc].  These could be used to bring a quick infusion of cash
and to bring all of us mostly back to what we had.

Going forward from that, I'd have the normal sales in the store.  I might even add in an Influence pack
and an SG Prestige pack for those folks who simply cannot wait to get their bases back up and running.

I'd also like to see a store purchase able to unlock the "VIP Tier 9" costume sets that they rotated out
of the reward tiers.

Lol... pretty much what I was alluding to....

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,10284.msg167554.html#msg167554

... the newer games HAVE  to be the subscription draw (APR, CoT, etc.), but the 10 year old original CoH (and the CoV supplement) in its I23 stasis should be f2p for the most part just to draw other players into the CoX world... if they stay, fine, but if they want the updates of a "newer" game, that will be available in the form of a sub to all the newer spin-offs (if that route is chosen)...
... Atlanteans fled to far corners of the planet to preserve themselves and as much of their science and technology as time would allow...  Atlantean DNA remains among the inhabitants of Earth... and when the strains randomly cross-multiply... a re-combined Atlantean can occasionally result - stronger, faster, more evolved with abilities far beyond those of normal humanity... A being like... Atzlanticus!

Netzahualcoyotl

• Minion
  • <Infinity alum - global Netzahualcoyotl>
« Reply #4059 on: November 12, 2014, 03:48:56 PM »
whoever runs the game will have to find a break even point. they wont run at a loss just to keep people happy.

Understood.... that could be in the form of donations, kickstarter, or even a GW model where all that want to play the old, static I23 (like I do) pay a one-time fee for "game" purchase... but it might be a bit unrealistic to expect to pay a high sub fee to an older game with no access to updates... (the current state of SWG[emu] comes to mind... an all volunteer project, static game frozen at a certain point [JTL, ultimately] running on donations and doing well)    ;)
... Atlanteans fled to far corners of the planet to preserve themselves and as much of their science and technology as time would allow...  Atlantean DNA remains among the inhabitants of Earth... and when the strains randomly cross-multiply... a re-combined Atlantean can occasionally result - stronger, faster, more evolved with abilities far beyond those of normal humanity... A being like... Atzlanticus!