Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748044 times)

Surelle

Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #3040 on: September 25, 2014, 11:03:28 PM »
I always thought Virtue was the home of the catgirls :D

Haha yeah, after playing on Virtue from day 2 until closure, I can definitely vouch for that!  Even my daughter had one!

opprime2828

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3041 on: September 25, 2014, 11:07:56 PM »
I had a blaster named Nuclear winter (rad/ice).  His origin was that he was a reactor tech that just happened to be working when the Rikti were going after the reactor core and the heroes were hitting it with coolant....  He managed to stumble right between core and coolant...

MAN I loved my Rad/Ice blaster!  Colored the rad bubbles to look like balls of snow.  I'd run stealthed right into a group, drop an ice patch, then irradiate/neutron bomb until they're all dead. Just keep using Freezing Touch on the boss until all the luits and minions die from neutron bomb and irradiate, and then between Chilling Embrace, Ice Patch, Cosmic Burst, and Freezing Touch, you pretty much can stand one on one with anyone who isn't an AV.  With the Achilles heal proc in both irradiate and Cosmic Burst his resistance is already way down, and with Chilling embrace slowing him, and ice patch and a Ragnarok and some damage procs in irradiate he's toast.

Johny Freeze.  Best blaster ever. 

:-)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:16:46 PM by opprime2828 »

opprime2828

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3042 on: September 25, 2014, 11:11:45 PM »
I had a friend Niko that made his toon look like a giant rooster man. Was weird how he could spend hours on the character builder screen just getting the look of his toon right.

My second villain was part of my SG attempting to make a villains VG based on evil farm animals. Mine was a sonic/thermal rooster named "cocka-Doodle Doom."

He actually looked surprisingly good considering this was before the feathers and animal heads.  A friend of mine made a stone brute that looked like a bull and named him "Cow Patty."  Watching him drop massive poop looking stones around him was kinda hilarious. 

(Also, funny note, apparently if I put a hyphen before the "a" in "cocka-doodle doom" it turns the first part into "pancake-a-doodle doom." )
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:18:16 PM by opprime2828 »

Pep Rally

• Boss
« Reply #3043 on: September 25, 2014, 11:17:33 PM »
For those of you who are (relatively, i.e: since the beginning of the "new efforts") new, there was a lot of, shall we say, lack of self-censorship (swearing) that irritated TPTB slightly, so a script was written to change instances of "sailor-talk" to the word "pancake." Some of us just find it fun to still use the word in place of whatever swear word we really meant. We're kinda Smurfy with the marklars like that. :D

See this Admin thread for more info, if you like: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7215.0.html

Ah, I remember the troll->unicorn script, but I never noticed the pancake one until this thread.  I haven't been around much since the TPP boards got their own sites.

Pep Rally

• Boss
« Reply #3044 on: September 25, 2014, 11:23:04 PM »

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #3045 on: September 25, 2014, 11:32:35 PM »
I had a cat character. I played him on one of my alt servers. I called him Salty Toes :p

pinballdave

• Elite Boss
  • I am the player formerly known as Psylenz
« Reply #3046 on: September 25, 2014, 11:34:36 PM »

http://freedomforce.wikia.com/wiki/Nuclear_Winter

I loved Freedom Force and the alternative power sets that fans made. They nailed captain america

Pep Rally

• Boss
« Reply #3047 on: September 25, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »
I loved Freedom Force and the alternative power sets that fans made. They nailed captain america

Yeah, me too. I never played the sequel, though, since another superhero game was taking up all my free time.  ;)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3048 on: September 25, 2014, 11:43:29 PM »
Yeah Freedom Force was fun.

For grins in Mids the other day I designed character builds inspired by the old Eternal Champions.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3049 on: September 26, 2014, 12:10:17 AM »
I had a catgirl on Virtue named Purrrrr. 

Because Purr, Purrr, and Purrrr were taken.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3050 on: September 26, 2014, 12:17:50 AM »
Ah, I remember the troll->unicorn script, but I never noticed the pancake one until this thread.  I haven't been around much since the TPP boards got their own sites.

The pancake one is actually a carryover from the official COH boards. One of the community reps (I think it was in Zwillinger's reign IIRC) changed the profanity filter to the word pancake. Which was especially amusing because it was a per-character filter (as in replacing letters with *s), so for a while when people swore it would say pancakepancakepancakepancakepancakepancake

opprime2828

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3051 on: September 26, 2014, 01:01:54 AM »
The pancake one is actually a carryover from the official COH boards. One of the community reps (I think it was in Zwillinger's reign IIRC) changed the profanity filter to the word pancake. Which was especially amusing because it was a per-character filter (as in replacing letters with *s), so for a while when people swore it would say pancakepancakepancakepancakepancakepancake

I always really liked Zwill's modding. I just thought he was awesome.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #3052 on: September 26, 2014, 01:32:25 AM »

I always really liked Zwill's modding. I just thought he was awesome.

Zwill was awesome, I remember the day I was just logging on for the first time having parked my Main in Dark Astoria for the day job credit and by the area incarnate raids formed in and Zwill was there...and the first thing I see in Local chat is "RYU FORM UP AN INCARNATE RAID!"

If I remember right he got DCed the moment we logged into the Raid too.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3053 on: September 26, 2014, 05:03:42 AM »
Zwill was awesome, I remember the day I was just logging on for the first time having parked my Main in Dark Astoria for the day job credit and by the area incarnate raids formed in and Zwill was there...and the first thing I see in Local chat is "RYU FORM UP AN INCARNATE RAID!"

If I remember right he got DCed the moment we logged into the Raid too.

Zwill was a blast, also yes he did get DCed in that raid :(

Also on an ironic note, your mention of the day jobs makes me chuckle about the article where Matt Miller implied he was against alts. The Day Jobs pretty much promoted alt-itis.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #3054 on: September 26, 2014, 05:22:11 AM »
Yes I admit, I had a cat toon on Virtue.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #3055 on: September 26, 2014, 05:31:36 AM »
Yes I admit, I had a cat toon on Virtue.

This isn't a confessional, you know... :p

There's nothing wrong with having a cat girl, anyway! I had one, and she was awesome!

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3056 on: September 26, 2014, 05:34:10 AM »
Zwill was a blast, also yes he did get DCed in that raid :(

Also on an ironic note, your mention of the day jobs makes me chuckle about the article where Matt Miller implied he was against alts. The Day Jobs pretty much promoted alt-itis.

Is "Positron hated alts" going to become the next "power customization is impossible?"

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #3057 on: September 26, 2014, 06:27:27 AM »
Alts were good for business, dunno why Positron would have hated them.....i mean it kept people playing for freaking ever like me.
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

amrobinson

• Lord Spittle
  • Lieutenant
  • Thermal Bloom
« Reply #3058 on: September 26, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »
Champions or CoH secrets? Not that Champions had many secrets other than maybe the hodge-podge of lore that was constantly being revised anyway. The rest of the system was pretty clear, so i'm guessing CoH secrets.
Still, it's pretty cool that he was involved with CoH. Did he have any involvement with CO?
Because if you watch videos of staff-based martial arts there are actual moves very much like that. As a martial art staff fighting tends to be rather acrobatic and dance-like, much like capeoira.

CoH secrets, of course.  Champions is pretty much an open book (ouch!), and I wrote several of those anyway.

Pretty sure George never had anything to do with CO.

They did buy Demon and Primus off of me, though.
"I'm sorry, did you want to be set on fire as well?" - Dark Malice, 50+ Fire/Dark Corruptor
- Freedom, Champion servers

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3059 on: September 26, 2014, 07:50:25 AM »
Alts were good for business, dunno why Positron would have hated them.....i mean it kept people playing for freaking ever like me.