Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748231 times)

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #3020 on: September 25, 2014, 06:17:39 PM »

When did pancakes become a bad thing? I love pancakes. Especially blueberry ones.

Don't think he's saying pancakes are bad. Actually from "everything is pancake until proven otherwise" he is using pancake is a point marker on how good the situation is until proven otherwise. C'mon now, who in their right mind would think this is bad :P

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #3021 on: September 25, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
Bad!?!? You eat that horrific mess, you'll be DEAD! :O

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #3022 on: September 25, 2014, 06:29:03 PM »
I would've said Cold War personally. Or maybe Nuclear Winter...

I had a blaster named Nuclear winter (rad/ice).  His origin was that he was a reactor tech that just happened to be working when the Rikti were going after the reactor core and the heroes were hitting it with coolant....  He managed to stumble right between core and coolant...
Beware the mighty faceplant!

Beltor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3023 on: September 25, 2014, 06:29:43 PM »

But you'd die happy

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3024 on: September 25, 2014, 06:32:52 PM »

Well if you eat that, there two places your going to pay for it: at the gym or on your heart. The choice is yours :P

Also Gabriel Iglaseas once said, "why judge life with how long you live instead of what you did? If I die tomorrow from over eating, that's how I want to go out. When the coroner cuts me open, I want the whole room to smell like cheese fries and then he will say, this guy knew how to live."

ivanhedgehog

• New Efforts # 25,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3025 on: September 25, 2014, 07:32:05 PM »

but banana pancakes are a life changing miracle....

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3026 on: September 25, 2014, 08:10:14 PM »
...the numerous incompatibility problems...

That was my personal experience with Vista. I had so many hardware and software incompatability/freezing issues with Vista, it was a wonder I didn't rip all my hair out at the time.

I wound up going back to XP, and then eventually switching to Windows 7. No problems with either of those two operating systems...
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #3027 on: September 25, 2014, 08:23:06 PM »
That was my personal experience with Vista. I had so many hardware and software incompatability/freezing issues with Vista, it was a wonder I didn't rip all my hair out at the time.

I wound up going back to XP, and then eventually switching to Windows 7. No problems with either of those two operating systems...

Never had a single problem with Vista. Ran just fine on my ancient Pentium3 (Northwood) 3ghz CPU with 4 gig ram and an old Radeon 8500.  To steal from Apple (who know all about doing that), everything -just worked- :p

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3028 on: September 25, 2014, 09:12:09 PM »
My main and only problem with windows 8 was the lack of drivers for my Audio Interface when 8.1 came out.   My audiobox suddenly stopped working on my laptop the day I got 8.1, and never worked again on that laptop.  Which wasn't that big of a deal it lead me to get a better AI anyway, and it still works on my Win 7 desktop.  Not that I ever used it, but the Windows 8 app store and all that is usually broken from the get go.  At least in the 3 experiences I have seen with fresh Win 8 computers the app store never worked.  This never bothered me because I didn't use or need the apps.  But for the other 2 less experienced computer users I saw run into the problem freaked out like their computer was broken.  I had a buddy who had a laptop with 1 TB HD, an I7, A Geforce GTX 650, and 16 gigs of ram.  He had his laptop for 2 days and sends me a text saying "This laptop sucks I can't use the netflix app".  Needless to say I facepalmed

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3029 on: September 25, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »
C'mon now, who in their right mind would think this is bad :P

Who, after eating that, would be capable of thinking?

Surelle

« Reply #3030 on: September 25, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »

Yes....but then you would already be in heaven anyway so who cares?   ;)

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3031 on: September 25, 2014, 10:07:36 PM »
Who, after eating that, would be capable of thinking?

Whoever can think after that, I bet they have the same amount of functional brain power working as this cat

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #3032 on: September 25, 2014, 10:18:09 PM »
Is it possible to create a panda hero in Icon?  I know it's in bad taste...but...if WoW can do it...
Someone on Liberty played a number of characters all named "panda (insert variant name here) " and they looked pretty close if I recall.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #3033 on: September 25, 2014, 10:26:18 PM »
Virtue had its share of pandas.  ;)
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3034 on: September 25, 2014, 10:29:42 PM »
I had a friend Niko that made his toon look like a giant rooster man. Was weird how he could spend hours on the character builder screen just getting the look of his toon right.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #3035 on: September 25, 2014, 10:35:53 PM »

When did pancakes become a bad thing? I love pancakes. Especially blueberry ones.

For those of you who are (relatively, i.e: since the beginning of the "new efforts") new, there was a lot of, shall we say, lack of self-censorship (swearing) that irritated TPTB slightly, so a script was written to change instances of "sailor-talk" to the word "pancake." Some of us just find it fun to still use the word in place of whatever swear word we really meant. We're kinda Smurfy with the marklars like that. :D

See this Admin thread for more info, if you like: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7215.0.html
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3036 on: September 25, 2014, 10:38:18 PM »
Don't think he's saying pancakes are bad. Actually from "everything is pancake until proven otherwise" he is using pancake is a point marker on how good the situation is until proven otherwise. C'mon now, who in their right mind would think this is bad :P

The diabetic nurse that takes my blood sugar measurement :(

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #3037 on: September 25, 2014, 10:43:11 PM »
I had a friend Niko that made his toon look like a giant rooster man. Was weird how he could spend hours on the character builder screen just getting the look of his toon right.

Was his name Rooster Rampage? I saw that giant rooster man around Virtue a lot.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

Baja

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3038 on: September 25, 2014, 10:47:17 PM »

I'll never forget the guy who played a character called "Killer Whale", it was a invul/ss tank and he rp'd it perfectly. I only remember seeing him for the first six months or so of coh, I remember there were lots of rumours of him being banned for erp or something along those lines. I also hazily remember something being said of him confronting the devs on the forum about a major issue with the game that also may have lead to his banning. If anyone remembers or knows what actually happened PLEASE let me know, I'd love to hear about that just to put my misinformed nostalgia at ease.

Also yes Panda people existed, although the cat people definitely won the numbers game. Holy yiff balls were there always a lot of car rp'rs...

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #3039 on: September 25, 2014, 10:57:34 PM »
I always thought Virtue was the home of the catgirls :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.