Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1748075 times)

Azrael

• Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #2960 on: September 24, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »
My old duo partner had an ice tanker.  (I can't recall if it had ice attacks or fire...maybe ice...)

Very impressive I thought.  A real aggro bot.  Very survivable and I liked the 'ice cage' special on self e.g.. Hibernate.  Brilliant stuff.  Nobody's getting in.  And then 'shatter' you're out and duking again.

Yes.  Maybe I'll add an ice/ice tanker to the list...

Azrael.

Is it possible to create a panda hero in Icon?  I know it's in bad taste...but...if WoW can do it...

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2961 on: September 24, 2014, 07:25:56 PM »
One of the people I regularly gamed with was literally scared of my shadow costume once I added a santa hat.  The character was supposed to be a living shadow, so the costume was simply dark gray tights and the grinning skull face (whatever it's official name was).  For some reason adding the hat set her off.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2962 on: September 24, 2014, 07:32:04 PM »
I'd probably bring back my Invul/Ice Tanker just for giggles - this costume made a lot of Americans upset for some reason.

I made a toon called Commie Squints. Apparently it offended someone enough to get Gened :S

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2963 on: September 24, 2014, 07:38:16 PM »
Stop talking about secret servers, leaking code, etc., etc. Just stop. I've deleted nearly a full page of this crap. Stop! If I've missed anything, PM me so I can delete it.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #2964 on: September 24, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »
And the mods have spoken.  [twice now actually].

OK....so, how about those Vet Rewards?  I can certainly live without them, but wow, I'm gonna miss the "skip Hover" reward.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #2965 on: September 24, 2014, 07:54:23 PM »
I'm not sure how they would deal with vet rewards.

I was under the impression that 'start over' would be implemented.
It would be the most elegant, simple way given what we know of the plans to date.

Just guessing.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Medispider Reznov

• Minion
« Reply #2966 on: September 24, 2014, 07:57:01 PM »
I'll only really miss my Vet Arachnos helmet reward.

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2967 on: September 24, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »
I'm not sure how they would deal with vet rewards.

I was under the impression that 'start over' would be implemented.
It would be the most elegant, simple way given what we know of the plans to date.

Just guessing.

Wouldn't it be easier just to give all the vet awards straight away as a good will gesture of sorts?

Medispider Reznov

• Minion
« Reply #2968 on: September 24, 2014, 08:29:12 PM »
I dunno as much as I would love to get ALL THESE THINGS. I just found getting the rewards well... rewarding - you couldnt buy them or drop them or grind your way to them, haveing them was kind of a quiet nod of approval of your loyalty.

I liked that feeling.

Pyromantic

• New Efforts # 16,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #2969 on: September 24, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »
OK....so, how about those Vet Rewards?  I can certainly live without them, but wow, I'm gonna miss the "skip Hover" reward.

This raises a question for me actually.  How much control would they have over such things?  Assuming the deal goes through, will the new owners be able to, for example, give everyone that subscribes a certain level of vet rewards?  Turn on and off seasonal events?  Alter the cost of various purchasable perks?

I don't know what you can and can't do in this regard without being able to access the code.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2970 on: September 24, 2014, 08:35:12 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier just to give all the vet awards straight away as a good will gesture of sorts?

I believe it would be easiest not to give vet rewards at all.

I had just about as many of the rewards as you could acquire, so I'd be in favor of getting them back.
But I wouldn't hold my breath.  ;)
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #2971 on: September 24, 2014, 08:38:14 PM »
I believe it would be easiest not to give vet rewards at all.

I had just about as many of the rewards as you could acquire, so I'd be in favor of getting them back.
But I wouldn't hold my breath.  ;)

I just want the game back... :(

Rejolt

• Elite Boss
  • Infinity Server 2005-2012
« Reply #2972 on: September 24, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »
How about crediting everyone with two years considering that's the time the game has been down. Give a 3-month window to buy in (includes 2 months preorder time). After that, your time is your time.
Rejolt Industries LLC is now a thing. Woo!

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2973 on: September 24, 2014, 08:49:34 PM »
I just want the game back... :(

Me too, my dear Baron.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2974 on: September 24, 2014, 08:50:59 PM »
-places Statesman in a huge, sparkly tutu (complete with flashing LEDs)- Distracting enough?
No?

HAMIDON IN A TUTU!
(Cue thunder and evil laughter)

I always that the Hamidon needed a giant cone .... Party hat.  Queue up the photoshop!!

Dareon Kale

• Minion
« Reply #2975 on: September 24, 2014, 09:01:51 PM »
I'd probably bring back my Invul/Ice Tanker just for giggles - this costume made a lot of Americans upset for some reason.

Komrad Kringle, we meet again!

Darkfaith

• Minion
« Reply #2976 on: September 24, 2014, 09:34:16 PM »
I dunno as much as I would love to get ALL THESE THINGS. I just found getting the rewards well... rewarding - you couldnt buy them or drop them or grind your way to them, haveing them was kind of a quiet nod of approval of your loyalty.

I liked that feeling.

Except, vet rewards were no longer vet rewards as of when the game closed. They were Paragon Rewards, and tied to the store token system, so you could buy your way to them.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2977 on: September 24, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »
Except, vet rewards were no longer vet rewards as of when the game closed. They were Paragon Rewards, and tied to the store token system, so you could buy your way to them.
Which is precisely what I did, as fast as I could.  I waited for years, wanting that Assemble the Team power (and others, like Reveal), and finally I could just bribe my way to the top.  I was thrilled.

Gorvi Guile

• Underling
« Reply #2978 on: September 24, 2014, 09:41:32 PM »
I had an old duo partner who rolled a Russian style character.

We RPG'd the 'frosty' American/Russian cold war relationship thing.

Heh.  He was highly annoying with it too... :P

I always imagined a voice similar to Arnie's when he played a Russian Soldier in that movie...was it 'Red Star?'  That made his character even more annoying... :P

Azrael.
Red Heat is the movie, if you're talking about the one with Jim Belushi and Arnie

opprime2828

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2979 on: September 24, 2014, 09:44:32 PM »
I'm sure this is true for lots of people, but for the specific case of someone that is running Windows on a non-touch device that multitasks, Windows 8 is only faster for people who somehow work slower when in the presence of odd numbers.

Also, anyone who loads more than a few programs quickly finds themselves in chicklet-hell. 

Objectively, and I'm not the only person who has performed this analysis, Windows 7's interface is far more transparent.  From a human interface design perspective, Windows 8 forces users to figure out and learn a lot more than Windows 7 does.  Sure, you can argue that "once you learn" all its nuances it might be as fast or faster, but that's not the correct way to judge the useability of a UI.  The way to judge a UI is to see how difficult it is for someone to figure out how to make it work, and on that score I've seen and taught people both interfaces: Windows 8 loses and loses big.

At any given time on my PC I'm running Windows Media Center (yes, it's my main DVR hooked up with an HD Homerun) and running multiple browsers, each with multiple tabs (I use a seperate browser each for work and personal browsing) and can be running any portion of Adobe Creative suite or running PC games including graphics intensive MMOs, as well as my music player.  I never have any problem finding what I want. Alt tab to the window of the app/program I want, and it pops up, just like I do in Windows 7.  Want to find an app I don't have open? Just swipe my mouse down from the top right corner and the search bar pops up for me just as fast if not faster than having to click the start tab in Windows 7.   By the way, this is on a far from high end machine.  I'm running and i5 processor with 8 gigs of ram and and GTX 550 video processor.  Not low end, but definitely not high end. 

Arcana, what shortcuts or pathways are you using in windows 7 that have been taken away in Windows 8?  Honestly, at home I use Windows 8, at work I use Windows 7, and I really don't see ANY functional difference once I got the 8.1 update and had the ability for it to boot right to the desktop, avoiding the metro interface altogether.

I'm wondering,  are you relying mostly on the built in "apps" via the metro interface, or using the actual stand alone programs like you would in Windows 7?  Maybe that's the issue. I don't use -any- of the built in apps via the app store or metro interface because they are, by design, bulky and take over the full screen, like you'd see on a tablet, etc.  But those are easily avoided if you're using Windows 8 on a PC.  As a matter of fact, I NEVER even see the metro interface on my home PC.  I boot to the desktop by default and every program I use is one I've installed myself, the same way I would on any other PC.  I don't even know what the market interface looks like on Windows 8 PCs, honestly.

Could that be the cause of your frustration?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:44:00 PM by opprime2828 »