Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1712270 times)

Wammo

• Lieutenant
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #540 on: September 02, 2014, 07:07:43 PM »
At risk of asking another question answered in these many pages...

All things considered...if this deal gets done as proposed in the OP...how long before we get to log in? Any estimates?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #541 on: September 02, 2014, 07:09:37 PM »
All things considered...if this deal gets done as proposed in the OP...how long before we get to log in? Any estimates?

Nope. No ETA's. Announcing any now would be foolhardy at best.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #542 on: September 02, 2014, 07:14:47 PM »
Sorry FloatingFatMan...I didn't have the stamina to read all 25 pages to find my answers. Please know my tone in that sentence is friendly and genuine...you are one my favorite posters on here. I hope we might put answers on the OP to avoid such events.

My apologies if my tone came over as brusque, that wasn't the intent. :)

Second time today, I've done that.  I'm on a roll! :p

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #543 on: September 02, 2014, 07:16:15 PM »
My apologies if my tone came over as brusque, that wasn't the intent. :)

Second time today, I've done that.  I'm on a roll! :p

No need for apologies at all. I assumed no such tone...we good :-)

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #544 on: September 02, 2014, 07:17:24 PM »

My dad has a pat answer for questions like this, but if you're not a Brit, you probably won't get it...

"When Nelson gets his eye back!"  :p

powergridpete

• Underling
« Reply #545 on: September 02, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »
This is great news!  I have no idea why NCSoft closed down CoH in the first place.  Name a better MMO that closed?  You probably can't.  MMO's don't reopen every day, in fact, I can't name one.  Looking forward to it.  Great job!

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #546 on: September 02, 2014, 07:24:28 PM »
My dad has a pat answer for questions like this, but if you're not a Brit, you probably won't get it...

"When Nelson gets his eye back!"  :p
I'm not a Brit but I think I get the idea of what you mean by that....

I grow impatient but realize I have no choice but to wait...

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #547 on: September 02, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »
This is great news!  I have no idea why NCSoft closed down CoH in the first place.  Name a better MMO that closed?  You probably can't.  MMO's don't reopen every day, in fact, I can't name one.  Looking forward to it.  Great job!

I can't even name a better MMO, let alone one that closed.

hopelives

• Minion
« Reply #548 on: September 02, 2014, 07:28:14 PM »

I am speechless. Fingers tightly crossed.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #549 on: September 02, 2014, 07:35:24 PM »
we are building it out of ducks? thats gonna drive people quackers...
Duck tape is made using duck cloth layered between the adhesive and the plastic backing. While it's popularly referred to as "duct tape" in many places it's actually a terrible tape to use on ducts since it doesn't hold up well at all in heat. Actually it's generally not a good tape for any sort of long term use since even in cooler environments it tends to get crumbly over time instead of turning into a gummy mess like in hotter environments.

i'd post more on topic comments and questions, but so far that's been pretty well handled by other people, so i'm mostly reading and offering incidental kvetching.
Kudos to downix, TonyV, Irish Girl, and everyone else on staying on top of things and responding with such clarity and patience.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #550 on: September 02, 2014, 07:38:47 PM »
Duck tape is made using duck cloth layered between the adhesive and the plastic backing. While it's popularly referred to as "duct tape" in many places it's actually a terrible tape to use on ducts since it doesn't hold up well at all in heat. Actually it's generally not a good tape for any sort of long term use since even in cooler environments it tends to get crumbly over time instead of turning into a gummy mess like in hotter environments.

i'd post more on topic comments and questions, but so far that's been pretty well handled by other people, so i'm mostly reading and offering incidental kvetching.
Kudos to downix, TonyV, Irish Girl, and everyone else on staying on top of things and responding with such clarity and patience.

Well you are also explaining Duct(k) tape so that's a huge bonus!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2014, 07:44:53 PM »
   I am speechless. Fingers tightly crossed.

Not any more, you have a post now!  We've been waiting so long for you to show up, where have you been!!?

powergridpete

• Underling
« Reply #552 on: September 02, 2014, 07:45:28 PM »
I can't even name a better MMO, let alone one that closed.

Good point... the character creator alone is better than half of the MMO's out there.

hopelives

• Minion
« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2014, 08:00:10 PM »
Not any more, you have a post now!  We've been waiting so long for you to show up, where have you been!!?

I must admit that, most un-heroically, since the cataclysm that hit our game, I have been in a modified fortress of...um...er..moping but, no more :)

Number9

• Minion
« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »

Hell I like this kind of speculation so Ill take a stab at it.  Say deal wraps up by Nov. 1.  Say then it takes the holding company two more months to get its act together (raise some cash, build website, account registration, organize servers, test things, etc.).  So Id guess at the very earliest Feb. 2015.

Im sure others savy in these matters have a clearer crystal ball.
Formerly of Virtue server: Number 9, StormBird, Magic8Ball, Fyv, and many others I care not to mention in the desperate hopes I get to recreate them and use their names once again.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #555 on: September 02, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »
30 minutes without any posts in this thread?  I haven't looked outside my window lately, is the world still there?

/e pokes the anthill...

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2014, 08:51:23 PM »
Be careful man, it might be fire ants.  It could even be army ants or some other super deadly ant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UozWJTuhbMQ

I was trying to find a video with even deadlier ants......
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2014, 08:53:35 PM »
Im amazed.  This is such fantastic news! Getting the IP itself is potentially even more exciting than the client sure to the sheer potential of what could be done with it! Great job guys,  thank you so much for your efforts,  ill keep my fingers crossed!
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

nicoliy

• Boss
« Reply #558 on: September 02, 2014, 08:54:20 PM »
I'm still hopeful, but not counting any chickens yet. I very much want to be back in CoH, but I can see where that road is long off - if it happens. None the less, I too am thankful for those working on this, your efforts are much appreciated.

Now back to also stalking City of Titans forums for updates from the weekend conventions.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #559 on: September 02, 2014, 08:54:29 PM »

Way too early to expect login date announcments. 

Even if the deal goes through this month (hoping it does), I wouldn't expect to be able to log in until winter 2014 at the earliest. 

Pure speculation of course.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!