Author Topic: If we start with no user data  (Read 103809 times)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: If we start with no user data
« Reply #520 on: September 15, 2014, 06:24:21 PM »
I think the issue is your insistence those desiring a clean slate are saying "I want you to lose your characters." That is an unintended consequence of their wish just as an unintended consequence of yours is that nobody (but new accounts) would start with a clean slate.

The difference is that are not trying to hang that albatross around your neck as you haunt the forums..

It might be time to let all those others who feel as you do to respond to these requests for clean slates. If no one does perhaps that tells you something about the issue.

But for the sake of amity, I will leave it to you. I think that we are just rehashing the same thing over and over and I don't have the endurance for this right now. (need to slot recovery)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 03:33:49 PM by TheDevilYouKnow »
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

DRAYGOS

• Underling
  • Happy and I know it!
« Reply #521 on: October 21, 2014, 03:34:50 AM »
I think the issue is your insistence those desiring a clean slate are saying "I want you to lose your characters." That is an unintended consequence of their wish just as an unintended consequence of yours is that nobody (but new accounts) would start with a clean slate.

The difference is that are not trying to hang that albatross around your neck as you haunt the forums..

It might be time to let all those others who feel as you do to respond to these requests for clean slates. If no one does perhaps that tells you something about the issue.

But for the sake of amity, I will leave it to you. I think that we are just rehashing the same thing over and over and I don't have the endurance for this right now. (need to slot recovery)

CM, Fort, RA and AB for you Devil... :D
Saving The City From the Hell It Has Become!

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #522 on: October 22, 2014, 07:17:55 AM »
Since this is not a new game - well it is in the sense that it is new management. I was thinking of ways to give players back some of their stuff quickly. I do know that people feel that I paid for it once why pay again and I don't dismiss that. However the new management has never collected anything yet. Sp how do you fairly administer this?

Ideas for the games return:

1. Allow every player to get 1 level 50 at the start.
2. Allow either a starter pack with all the Vet rewards or have a same starting setup as the 50 where you get to pick say any 10 rewards.
3. Open all AT including VT's at creation.

Try posting some ways that would be fair to both the new owners and players!

I'm going to be bad and not read all the posts on this. So if anyone has covered this, then sorry *ducks*.

I was thinking about this the other day. Maybe you can do it with in packs. I don't know if your going to do digital download only or digital/physical copies. But either way, you could have the standard pack, then have a few deluxe packs. Say with every pack no matter which one you get option three "all ATs", then maybe have a deluxe pack with a free level 50 and some vet rewards. Then have a deluxe pack 2 with all vet rewards?

I personally don't care about paying all over again or starting all over again. I just want to log in again. :(

Oh and maybe throw in some character slots LOL! I was thinking about how much buying all those all over again was going to hurt but I'll do it in a second!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #523 on: October 22, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »
CM, Fort, RA and AB for you Devil... :D

Thank You! I now I feel like hitting PI for trick or treating! (At least I wish I could)
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #524 on: October 22, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #525 on: October 22, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »
I have a newer machine to play CoX on myself, and I'll just be happy to be playing it.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

artbunker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #526 on: October 28, 2014, 01:19:38 AM »

JennSpace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #527 on: October 28, 2014, 04:21:18 PM »
Back in the Summer of 2012, I went home to Washington D.C. and put COH on my moms laptop.  I had to play in basic graphics as well. It wasnt too much of a hit on my eyes, but trust me when your easily able to hit Ultra, you will see the game in a different light .

I know what you mean, I used to play CoH at my local internet cafe because I could play the game on Ultra and it was always a huge party because the game looked so beautiful!!  ;D XDDD
Missed in action in the Rikti War Zone, almost 2 years ago.