Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79557 times)

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #300 on: May 06, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »
And are we supposed to believe that the cutting edge scientific facility with all the expensive high tech equipment, the illegally detained metahumans and the super hero who just can't stand to keep his mask on has no security whatsoever? They can't even lock a door?
Well, unfortunately, this isn't the first time this has happened - heck, it seems to happen fairly frequently there.  So at this point, I'm guessing there is no lock on their front door.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #301 on: May 07, 2015, 01:32:39 AM »
Yeah it just struck me especially in the latest ep because they weren't in the main room they're usually in when Iris popped up. Maybe we're wrong about security at such places though. Anyone in Switzerland that can go to CERN and see if you can just stroll through?

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #302 on: May 08, 2015, 06:51:31 PM »
An online article about last night's Big Bang Theory season finale was talking about various relationship changes being shocking. To my mind, the most shocking part was a Sheldon quote which revealed that, this far into the season, HE HASN'T BEEN WATCHING THE FLASH! What's wrong with you, Sheldon?? You've dressed as him more than once, you did that great joke about Flash-knocking on Penny's door 30,000 times, and you even imagined Flash-running to the Grand Canyon to scream out your frustrations, and you haven't bothered to look in on his show? Okay, who are you, and where is Sheldon Cooper?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #303 on: May 09, 2015, 06:06:18 AM »
True, the "gotta have everybody know the secret identity" syndrome seems especially prevalent on this show, and Arrow.  I like them both, but it gets a tiny bit less fun when there are this many people in their lives that know why they are always ducking out of public events early, or always fashionably later.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #304 on: May 09, 2015, 12:46:51 PM »
Well, with the Flash, ultimately everyone is supposed to know his identity anyway.

Actually, didn't that happen with Ollie, too?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #305 on: May 10, 2015, 05:27:29 AM »
a Sheldon quote which revealed that, this far into the season, HE HASN'T BEEN WATCHING THE FLASH! What's wrong with you, Sheldon??
He can't watch The Flash, or he'd have to aknowledge that Sisco sometimes wears Big Bang Theory shirts.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2015, 11:25:05 AM »
True, the "gotta have everybody know the secret identity" syndrome seems especially prevalent on this show, and Arrow.  I like them both, but it gets a tiny bit less fun when there are this many people in their lives that know why they are always ducking out of public events early, or always fashionably later.

The original Flash show was guilty of that too. A lot of people knew Barry was the Flash. In fact the Trickster one, in the courtroom, Tina yells out "Barry" while the Trickster is right there.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #307 on: May 13, 2015, 03:04:17 AM »
Ok now even the bad guys can just stroll into Star Labs' main control room.
Whose on guard duty? Stevie Wonder?

Looks like I was right - next week Barry will change the past and everything will go crazy for the season cliffhanger.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #308 on: May 13, 2015, 03:36:44 AM »
I think we just got a first glimpse at what the Justice League will look like... but I Firestorm should really get a costume. He looks weird next to the others.
Also, where was Atom? Arrow got to Central City in time from Nanda Parbat, but Palmer couldn't get bothered?

And doc, I really hope you're wrong, a Flashpoint would seriously mess things up... not only for The Flash but also for Arrow.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #309 on: May 13, 2015, 04:10:16 AM »
With all of the recent nods to Coast City, Ferris Air, and even one of Ferris's test pilots going missing... are they trying to hint that there's a possible Green Lantern series in the works?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #310 on: May 13, 2015, 04:51:04 AM »
I think we just got a first glimpse at what the Justice League will look like... but I Firestorm should really get a costume. He looks weird next to the others.
Also, where was Atom? Arrow got to Central City in time from Nanda Parbat, but Palmer couldn't get bothered?

And doc, I really hope you're wrong, a Flashpoint would seriously mess things up... not only for The Flash but also for Arrow.

Well I am sure it wouldn't be permanent. But certainly from the trailer it looks like he does save her and so history has to be altered.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2015, 09:08:51 AM »
Okay, I just saw the Grodd Lives episode and... he couldn't have the foresight to wear the headset under the cowl where it wouldn't get repeatedly knocked off?  Seriously?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2015, 11:59:27 AM »
In his defence, I don't think it would fit under the cowl. OTOH, glue?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #313 on: May 13, 2015, 12:59:29 PM »
The headset was fairly form-fitting and the cowl is fairly elastic.  At worst, they might've had to cut a hole in the forehead, but that would have been better than the ridiculous nonsense with the headset getting repeatedly knocked off.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #314 on: May 13, 2015, 01:15:25 PM »
The cowl looks like a form fitted piece of plastic; not very elastic.

That said, this isn't the first time on the Flash where logic blinked.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #315 on: May 13, 2015, 01:26:45 PM »
The cowl looks like a form fitted piece of plastic; not very elastic.

That said, this isn't the first time on the Flash where logic blinked.

I'd say logic blinks every time he runs...

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #316 on: May 13, 2015, 04:46:52 PM »
Some thoughts after seeing the Ep 23 trailer:

Spoiler for Hidden:
It seems like Barry might be in the future.  He's in a very well lit place with what looks like lots of glass and he looks confused about how he got there.

He's definitely in the past, but he's in his current suit (as opposed to the red one with the white symbol).  He has his hand over his mouth and tears in his eyes as he approaches his mom.  I suspect that he doesn't save her, but whether he's too late or chose not to for some reason is in question.

From the first time we saw the scene where Reverse Flash and Future-Flash fight without Barry, it looks like future-Flash drops off child-Barry and heads back somewhere.  I wonder if Barry will meet himself, or maybe help himself home?  Depends on what kind of cliffhanger the episode ends on.  Maybe the bright light/glass place is the present after he alters the past?  I really enjoy the show for the amount of possibilities it presents.

I've seen an image of Wells in one of the pipeline cells, but they have not stopped the pipeline from charging.  Maybe Wells' plan all along was to get captured and placed into the pipeline when it activates and then sends him home.

It's apparent that something Barry did erased Wells' timeline, but it remains to be seen how this is all supposed to shake out.  I would guess that Wells would need Barry to complete the Crisis thing since Wells flipped out when the newspaper showed Flash wasn't there for the Crisis.  Barry disappeared in the Crisis, but he might have gone forward in time?  So Wells needs to stop Barry after the Crisis, but before he alters the timeline?  I feel like we're getting to the point where we need more information about Wells' beef or he simply becomes an amorphous macguffin.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #317 on: May 13, 2015, 05:10:11 PM »
The way the cowl stretches when he takes it off indicates some elasticity.

And while I've only seen through the Grodd Lives episode, I've been thinking for awhile that this might end up with Eobard *becoming* Eddie in the same way he became Wells.  That that's his "insurance"...

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2015, 06:44:32 PM »
The way the cowl stretches when he takes it off indicates some elasticity.

And while I've only seen through the Grodd Lives episode, I've been thinking for awhile that this might end up with Eobard *becoming* Eddie in the same way he became Wells.  That that's his "insurance"...

Good thought.  Right now Eddie is a big, old, person-shaped piece of WTF in the story.  That would at least give the character some purpose moving forward.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2015, 08:36:00 PM »
So true. At first I didn't even realize who it was. I just thought he looked familiar, but wasn't sure from what.

And with the being 'so tall' jokes - its only a matter of time he gets to be the REAL Atom like in the comics.

Evil boyfriend number 3 (I think) who happened to be a Vegan? Unfortunately, he had partaken of too much non-vegan food stuffs and his Vegan powers were revoked.

I guess he thought he should try to get powerful some other way and technology would be a good start.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms