Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7193115 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #29020 on: April 28, 2019, 05:49:21 PM »
Comics version yes, movie probably no.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29021 on: April 29, 2019, 01:57:12 PM »
Guys! I have a question. Do you think Statesman and Ms. Liberty are worthy enough to pick up Thor's hammer?

Nah. At least Liberty. How many invasions and such happened right in front of her in Atlas Park and she just stood there and did nothing?

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29022 on: April 29, 2019, 11:42:24 PM »
Nah. At least Liberty. How many invasions and such happened right in front of her in Atlas Park and she just stood there and did nothing?

There was an episode of the Simpson were at the end, Leonard Nimoy said that his work there was done.  Homer replied, "But you didn't do anything."  (I think it was Homer).
Leonard answered, "Oh, didn't I."

I'm thinking that Ms. Liberty might not have been moving around, but somehow she was controlling the whole thing; preventing the Rikti from winning.

(The great ones make it look easy.)

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29023 on: April 30, 2019, 12:13:25 AM »
So just a fun side note.  On the I25 servers, the NPC's will actually help you kill enemies the way a drone will.  I was trying to level at Valkyrie one time and she started chasing an enemy while Positron threw Rad balls at it.

I guess he stopped caring they were grey and didn't give xp :P

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29024 on: April 30, 2019, 01:25:47 AM »
So just a fun side note.  On the I25 servers, the NPC's will actually help you kill enemies the way a drone will.  I was trying to level at Valkyrie one time and she started chasing an enemy while Positron threw Rad balls at it.

Now i kinda feel bad for monkey slapping them when i drew that mutation next to them.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #29025 on: April 30, 2019, 01:58:36 AM »

One of the things I like about i25: some of the things people complained about have been implemented or changed.  This is one of them.  Too bad those NPC trainers don't do the talk emote when targeted, or at least the listen emote (wish that was available for PCs).

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29026 on: April 30, 2019, 03:16:23 AM »
One of the things I like about i25: some of the things people complained about have been implemented or changed.  This is one of them.  Too bad those NPC trainers don't do the talk emote when targeted, or at least the listen emote (wish that was available for PCs).

I can understand that there are ones that just want i24, but i25 is i24 and all that came before with some nice changes.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29027 on: April 30, 2019, 11:31:22 PM »
Also, the I-25 version seems to have some really jawdropping additions to the base-building tools.  If you love base-building and haven't had a chance to check them out, I highly recommend it. 

I've already got so many new ideas, and if we are able to at some point restore old bases... I'd love to upgrade them now.  :)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29028 on: April 30, 2019, 11:56:28 PM »
Also, the I-25 version seems to have some really jawdropping additions to the base-building tools.  If you love base-building and haven't had a chance to check them out, I highly recommend it. 

I've already got so many new ideas, and if we are able to at some point restore old bases... I'd love to upgrade them now.  :)

From what I glimpsed, everything appears to be on be unlocked and no prestige needed.  Is that correct?

If so that is good since the SG system didn't really accommodate solo/small groups and the prestige costs just for bigger lots was pretty high.  Also this would make restoration of old bases unnecessary if all items are available.
In fearful COH-less days

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #29029 on: May 01, 2019, 12:54:41 AM »
Also this would make restoration of old bases unnecessary if all items are available.
I think you might not be familiar with some of the intricate base designs that people came up with. I toured a number of bases that had hundreds or even thousands of decorative items placed. It would be nice if we could get those back without having to recreate them from scratch. Perhaps the SCoRE people could take a look at the import/export features Codewalker added to Paragon Chat.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29030 on: May 01, 2019, 01:46:06 AM »
I think you might not be familiar with some of the intricate base designs that people came up with. I toured a number of bases that had hundreds or even thousands of decorative items placed. It would be nice if we could get those back without having to recreate them from scratch. Perhaps the SCoRE people could take a look at the import/export features Codewalker added to Paragon Chat.

Oh I've seen plenty of bases and built one myself but with the improved i25 conditions and I think expanded amount of items that can be placed in a base....some may not mind starting a base over.

Or not. Mileage varies.
In fearful COH-less days

Eiko-chan

• Minion
« Reply #29031 on: May 01, 2019, 02:54:04 PM »
From what I glimpsed, everything appears to be on be unlocked and no prestige needed.  Is that correct?
Yes, i25 did away with Prestige altogether. Everything is free.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29032 on: May 01, 2019, 03:23:25 PM »
Yes, i25 did away with Prestige altogether. Everything is free.

As it should be in this case.  Emulation servers populations will vary and all should have a chance at having a base.
In fearful COH-less days

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29033 on: May 01, 2019, 09:02:43 PM »
My base already had all the teleport zones, all the crafting and storage stuff, plus, it has a trainer, a store, and a merit vendor!

But with all that amenities goodness, I can't figure out why I can't open up the auction house (/ah) in there.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29034 on: May 01, 2019, 09:25:29 PM »
My base already had all the teleport zones, all the crafting and storage stuff, plus, it has a trainer, a store, and a merit vendor!

But with all that amenities goodness, I can't figure out why I can't open up the auction house (/ah) in there.

I have a dusty memory file in my head that tells me the devs tried to have an AE interface for SG bases back in the day but it was severely bugged and dropped.

Could be wrong but it does sound familiar.
In fearful COH-less days

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29035 on: May 01, 2019, 10:07:24 PM »

Wasn't /ah a vet reward? I don't recall seeing it but it could be in the prestige list at the p2w.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29036 on: May 01, 2019, 10:12:36 PM »
Wasn't /ah a vet reward? I don't recall seeing it but it could be in the prestige list at the p2w.

I don't recall seeing it at the vendor....I still think a remote interface was tried and aborted by the devs...

Edit okay I went to Paragon wiki to dust off my memory files,. If you u had a tok n in the tier eight vet rewards then you could type /auctionhouse to bring up the market interface.

But it won't work in missions or bases.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 10:17:39 PM by Sinistar »
In fearful COH-less days

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #29037 on: May 02, 2019, 01:26:51 AM »

Because base logic is also mission logic.  Darkwatcher told me they coded bases to work like mission maps so you could idle there without disconnection.  You can't open the auction house in a mish map either.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #29038 on: May 02, 2019, 01:51:20 AM »
It's because the auction house design in CoH is terrible. Every mapserver that has a Wentworths or a Black Market on it on it not only gets a copy of the entire AH data when it starts up, but also gets updates every time somebody places or fills a bid. That generates a lot of internal traffic and puts strain on the dbserver, which acts as the middleman.

If you use the /ah command on a map that doesn't have an auction house, the first time you use it the entire AH database is immediately pulled down, and the map is added to the list to receive continuous updates.

That means that most of the city zones will eventually end up on the "has an auction house" list. That's bad enough as it is, but if you add in dozens or hundreds of base and mission maps, the extra overhead gets very heavy very fast, with lots of full transfers going on.

Unfortunately I don't remember who it was, but one of the devs confirmed to me firsthand that's why they disabled it on non-static maps.

Dragonsire

• Underling
    • DragonSire Mods
« Reply #29039 on: May 02, 2019, 02:02:25 AM »
I can understand that there are ones that just want i24, but i25 is i24 and all that came before with some nice changes.
Sure but since that code is private, many will stick to i24 because it will get updated and improved more and more. Maybe it will get similar features, maybe it wont. But I'd rather support the community version than a closed one. Personal opinions may very of course.
"Reality is Boring"