Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7192094 times)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #29000 on: April 25, 2019, 06:07:55 AM »
If you don't care for Discord, the info can also be found on Reddit or Facebook.
There's been a lot of misinformation spread through both of those channels. The Discord is currently the most direct and most reliable source of information.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #29001 on: April 25, 2019, 06:43:28 AM »
There's been a lot of misinformation spread through both of those channels. The Discord is currently the most direct and most reliable source of information.
Curiously enough that's exactly what those two channels say about Discord. My preference is to give people all the information and let them decide for themselves who they can trust.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29002 on: April 25, 2019, 08:48:21 AM »
Curiously enough that's exactly what those two channels say about Discord. My preference is to give people all the information and let them decide for themselves who they can trust.
That discord is where the teams working on i24 and i25 servers post information regarding their progress and is also the de facto official announcement channel for the SCORE server.

Any updates regarding that server that you see on reddit (or COH subreddit's own discord server) will either be regurgitated from there or misinformation.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29003 on: April 25, 2019, 11:25:35 AM »
I've just settled on discord as I don't have time to determine which hive of scum and villainy is most wretched. Lurking in the triumph channel and saying ridiculous things is a nice diversion.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #29004 on: April 25, 2019, 01:09:01 PM »
Don't forget the forums for the actual server can be a source of information  :P
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29005 on: April 25, 2019, 01:12:45 PM »
Except when it goes down (or gets overloaded with requests), since they're hosted on the same system.   ;D

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #29006 on: April 25, 2019, 02:42:01 PM »
Look we get it, you think Discord walks on water. But the simple fact of the matter is not everyone uses Discord. Someone looking for the install links doesn't need the most "official" source, they just need a source they can access quickly and comfortably.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29007 on: April 25, 2019, 03:26:01 PM »
No, I don't... and nobody needs the Discord app, that these days you can access it through a web browser as if it was a webpage.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29008 on: April 25, 2019, 04:48:53 PM »
Look we get it, you think Discord walks on water. But the simple fact of the matter is not everyone uses Discord. Someone looking for the install links doesn't need the most "official" source, they just need a source they can access quickly and comfortably.

I never used it before and am only using the web client. We can't give direct links to technically illegal server info on here, so go look at discord or reddit is what ya get.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #29009 on: April 25, 2019, 10:34:30 PM »
Speaking outside of CoH servers, discord is fantastically useful in general. Text and voice chat all rolled into one, accessible via web, app, and desktop application? It's incredible.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29010 on: April 25, 2019, 11:30:32 PM »
We can't give direct links to technically illegal server info on here, so go look at discord or reddit is what ya get.

YOU get a cookie!
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29011 on: April 26, 2019, 12:56:52 AM »
Speaking outside of CoH servers, discord is fantastically useful in general. Text and voice chat all rolled into one, accessible via web, app, and desktop application? It's incredible.

It's a modern day xFire!
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29012 on: April 26, 2019, 01:04:02 AM »
YOU get a cookie!

I've grown up so much since posting the mids link it brings a tear.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29013 on: April 26, 2019, 09:04:00 AM »
I think currently the Discord and the Offical forums are the best way to see if the current server is currently up, being rebooted, or down for the moment.  That is where the updates seem to go directly.  As for learning about how you can sign up, or choosing which source you prefer for information from, any of them should do for that.  I tend to look around on all of them, but really its mostly the same information with a slightly different bias.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 09:30:35 AM by Taceus Jiwede »

Baaleos

• Boss
« Reply #29014 on: April 26, 2019, 07:19:56 PM »
Anyone got their own server setup yet?
Catering to hundreds to thousands of players does require super hardware..
My own tests seem to suggest that i25 is somewhat playable for single player to maybe 2-3 other people on a 4GB Amazon AWS server.
That being said- I did notice issues with render distance of some mobs....

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29015 on: April 27, 2019, 05:55:40 AM »

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29016 on: April 27, 2019, 04:14:16 PM »

I haven't tried the voice stuff.  (Too shy.)

But txt ways.  Very impressive.

Is the i25 SCORE, the 'SCORE.SaveCOH...' and the team running the current 'test' i25 all the same SCORE cabal?

Says 'SCORE...'

*Curious.  If it's the same rebel alliance.

Azrael.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29017 on: April 27, 2019, 11:47:08 PM »
If you guys want to get distracted from all the drama this past week well go here ---> https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13351.msg232754#new

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29018 on: April 28, 2019, 03:15:58 PM »
If you guys want to get distracted from all the drama this past week well go here ---> https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13351.msg232754#new
You really should state that this is an Avengers Endgame thread...

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29019 on: April 28, 2019, 05:37:55 PM »
Guys! I have a question. Do you think Statesman and Ms. Liberty are worthy enough to pick up Thor's hammer?