Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7284417 times)

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #25400 on: August 05, 2016, 11:02:01 PM »
But they aren't actually *doing* anything.  We don't stop them from accomplishing anything, because they aren't actually trying to accomplish anything.

Well  thank you very much for destroying the illusion.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25401 on: August 06, 2016, 02:25:03 AM »
Well  thank you very much for destroying the illusion.

See? Arcana was a villain who accomplished something villainous, and nobody stopped her. A simple spamming of Sleep upon her, and her villainous plot would have been foiled.
Well, at least, as long as you have a dog. It's hard to foil villainous plans without having a dog.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25402 on: August 06, 2016, 03:20:34 AM »
It's hard to foil villainous plans without having a dog.

Would this be an immobilize, or a hold:

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25403 on: August 06, 2016, 03:32:21 AM »

All I know is the power is named "Adorable."
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #25404 on: August 06, 2016, 03:43:22 AM »

All I know is the power is named "Adorable."

OOOH Mastermind powerset, PUPPIES!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #25405 on: August 06, 2016, 06:32:50 AM »
Still no news? Yeah, this thing is so dead...

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25406 on: August 06, 2016, 07:44:12 AM »

immobilize. He still has upper extremity function.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25407 on: August 06, 2016, 05:06:42 PM »
Your analysis of the game design showed that the fundamental assumption of 'defeat foes' led to a game that rewarded DPS and little else.  Brilliant, as usual.  So, how might a game be designed where 'beat them down and leave them (bleeding) on the floor' is not the only way to 'win'?

Be Well!
Fireheart

Two speed run videos for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIy7fJtrI6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC6XJLC8Hxk

The first one is beaten entirely without firing a shot.

The second one, words win the day and someone else does the dirty work in the end.

Both are considered two of the best rpg's of all time, as real rpgs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlxRCi9OvZo A minimum glitch version of the first speed run.

Last and not least:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uEyMJFXdiU&list=PLwH1xJhcXG0deo3l6BBHDoy_mDXY4Rw_V - A full pacifist playthrough of fallout new vegas by Many a True Nerd

I am also considering a "Pacifist" run of starbound, only boss kills allowed.  But that may just be a case of maxing the armor out and running to the end of everything without giving any crap about what hits ya :/.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25408 on: August 06, 2016, 07:05:36 PM »

It looks more like the puppy mastermind version of gangwar to me. Each puppy applies a mag 2 immobilize/hold.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

blacksly

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25409 on: August 06, 2016, 11:30:23 PM »
It looks more like the puppy mastermind version of gangwar to me. Each puppy applies a mag 2 immobilize/hold.

That's what I was thinking, also. Packwar.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25410 on: August 07, 2016, 01:55:09 AM »

Don't forget the debuffing effects of the giggling.  Yup, many times I debuffed a Malta Group Sapper by making him giggle.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25411 on: August 07, 2016, 07:06:02 PM »
Here's a question to stroll down memory lane with:

What was the lowest level character you had that obtained any of the epic damage, healing and money badges? Immortal, Empath, and Leader.   Doesn't have to be your first character to obtain them as I'm sure some of us didn't get them until level 50 until the Positronic Badge Nerf was enabled.  ;)

My first one to gain the Empath badge was an L50 bot/FF mastermind, thanks to the first aid power pool and the arena.  That alt would later go on to obtain the Immortal badge and then the money badge.

Post Positronic Badge Nerf, you know, when all the Epic badges were dialed back a bit to make their obtainment more reasonable as well as the purging of several architect badges,  I had decided to shut off XP at level 6 for my Inv/SS "Superman" tank and let him just soak up damage until the Immortal badge dinged.   I remember many players seeing him running around at Level 6 with IMMORTAL as his badge title.  At level 38 I again shut down XP so that he could go to Warburg and grind out the PVP rep badges to gain the gladiators needed for the arena, after that the healing badges came very quickly.   Many players were asking "HOW does a TANK get all the healing badges?" MY answer, "Very slowly!"   After that I would use the inf boosters to farm out the money badges, then just took him to 50 and then plowed through the incarnate trials to super charge him.

Fun times
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25412 on: August 07, 2016, 11:34:29 PM »

The Clockwork King succumbs to a 1000 points of cuteness.

The Clockwork Kings attempts to  resist adorableness

The Clockwork king is hit with the feels causing it to be immobilized by cuddles.

Task Force Complete!

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25413 on: August 09, 2016, 03:36:15 AM »
Cute puppy pics.

I have a cold (day 2 of it), and I'm about to go on vacation to Charleston with my mom in the morning.

For some reason--maybe it's the keeping Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know" on repeat all day--missing City of Heroes has hit me pretty hard this evening.

I truly hope the group working to get the game back up, or the licensing, or whatever it is--I've lost track by now, really--hasn't been and isn't being waylaid by NCSoft with a "we're not saying 'no' because we don't want to seem the bad guys, but we're not saying 'yes' for whatever reason, so please kindly take this refusal to say anything as a 'no' in lieu of a real answer" setup.  I fear that deeply.

Floodgates, folks.  That's what my eyes feel like they're on the edge of becoming, although I pride myself on being logical, emotionless largely, and rational.  Is it a closure thing?  When I found out about the game's them-upcoming closure, it hit me pretty hard.  I basically quit playing for about a month or two; I was logging in, doing minimal stuff, but I was feeling like something I loved was instantly a waste of my time and money because in a few short months it would be gone.  There were characters I never got to 60 that I wanted to.  There was content I hadn't played.  There were edits I wanted to do on my Mission Architect arcs to tighten their stories--particularly "Hammer and Sickle of Paragon City" and "PENGUIN Part 3: Waddle to the Big Top."  There were elements of these stories that never quite worked for me, but at the time I was too close to the stuff to edit it properly, although I could certainly do so now if given the opportunity.

I guess it's a golden age sort of thing for me.  Should the game return, I will be in like Flynn.  Should the game not return but the license return for other products or projects, I'm in like Flynn up to the capabilities of my meager monetary resources.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25414 on: August 09, 2016, 03:45:28 AM »

For some reason--maybe it's the keeping Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know" on repeat all day--missing City of Heroes has hit me pretty hard this evening.

Have you noticed all the gasping their singer does? You'd think the sound guy in the studio would tell him to breathe away from the microphone a bit. And if you've not noticed before, sorry, you will now...on every song.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25415 on: August 09, 2016, 04:06:10 AM »
Have you noticed all the gasping their singer does? You'd think the sound guy in the studio would tell him to breathe away from the microphone a bit. And if you've not noticed before, sorry, you will now...on every song.

Is that like how Michael Bolton can't sing many hits of his without throwing in a random "Baby!" into the mix?  :)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25416 on: August 09, 2016, 04:32:15 AM »
When the Zack Attack does a better version of your greatest hit than you do you've gotta try something.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25417 on: August 09, 2016, 05:49:02 AM »
Still no news? Yeah, this thing is so dead...

I know its coming up on 4 years already.  :P

Back to stalker mode for a few months.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25418 on: August 09, 2016, 09:02:15 PM »
And I remember why I'm playing other games besides just hanging out on paragon chat :).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25419 on: August 10, 2016, 02:42:39 AM »
It's time for the weakly (not weekly) update,

We here at NCSoft have been in constant contact with a group wanting to buy City of Heroes from us.  We want to sell, but we don't want to sell.  It's complicated.  You see, it's like that cat in the box.  As long as we don't sell then the game is a success and a failure.  The moment we sell and it fails, we caused it to fail.  We are better off not knowing.  You can't blame us that way.  So, keep calm and play GW2 or something.