Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7284098 times)

Shifter

• Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8360 on: August 07, 2014, 01:31:18 PM »
Realistically that makes sense, however.

We don't want the new Devs to rush out something thats busted and have everybody flinging up their hands and saying "ZOMG you guys suck , back to SWTOR, " or whatever. We want the game to have that "Pre Owned MMO" smell.

As much as it pains me to say, I 100% agree with you on this.
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Wammo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8361 on: August 07, 2014, 02:54:14 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up? I for one will take the day off work...order delivery food all day/night and quite possibly slap on an adult diaper so I never have to leave the keyboard...ok that last part isn't going to happen but the rest...certainly so! I will likely have the most unproductive week of work I have ever had once the game goes live again.

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #8362 on: August 07, 2014, 03:01:50 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up? I for one will take the day off work...order delivery food all day/night and quite possibly slap on an adult diaper so I never have to leave the keyboard...ok that last part isn't going to happen but the rest...certainly so! I will likely have the most unproductive week of work I have ever had once the game goes live again.

Depends on the day. But a day off is not possible to me since I have kids and if I take a day off I need to pick em up at the daycare school. But maybe If I am nice to my wife I can get the evening off for myself. A beer is then obligatory of course  :)

Sophronisba

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8363 on: August 07, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up?

My husband and I own our own business and work from home; usually I do not take advantage of this, because after all my children like to eat. But if CoH comes back, I'm taking a few days off for the game.

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #8364 on: August 07, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
May be optimistic.  I cannot imagine the time and tasks involved to set up things like a support system/help desk, member/identity management much less collect payment and locate talent if needed. The technical issues can only be speculated.

Until then, keep sending good thoughts and wasabi peas

Not to mention the people and time that will be needed to dissect the disk image of the game they're supposed to be getting just to figure out what would be needed to run the game in maintenance mode and then the work that will go into transitioning the game code to the Unreal Engine. On that note, I hope visual upgrades are in the cards. New lighting effects, more polygons and redone textures for character models, etc. would be much appreciated.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8365 on: August 07, 2014, 03:13:04 PM »
Just curious what you guys have planned when the game actually does come back up?

1. Relevel up my main
2. lvl up a farmer
3. Farm for prestige
4. Build base
5.????
6. Fun

Shifter

• Boss
« Reply #8366 on: August 07, 2014, 05:06:15 PM »

If we have character data:
latest content and badges

If not:
One words: Mids!
Stone Tank
Freedom Server

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #8367 on: August 07, 2014, 05:32:05 PM »
We'll have to see how accurate that is. If it turns out to be anywhere near correct, I assume I'll have to level a Fortunata/Widow because I'm friggin' psychic.

It's too late, you've gone and told people about your dream. Prophetic dreams are only accurate when they're kept secret.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #8368 on: August 07, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
Favorite Guardians moments? I think Groots smile is on MY list! ;p

kierthos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8369 on: August 07, 2014, 06:18:06 PM »
Honestly, it depends.

If (for whatever reasons) characters are not restored, I'd like to be able to take the day off of work, in order to ensure that a few character names are mine, mine, all mine. (Just my characters, mind you, I'm not going to try and reserve well-known names of other people's characters)

If characters are restored from the sunset, well, I won't have to take the day off, but I still might.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #8370 on: August 07, 2014, 06:31:19 PM »
I was hoping we'd have news today since it would have been my 8 year anniversary of playing the game...okay, I'll hope for it by my birthday in November...
Are you a Scorpio too, or are you after the cutoff?  I'm on the cusp having been born on the 20th.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #8371 on: August 07, 2014, 07:42:06 PM »
Are you a Scorpio too, or are you after the cutoff?  I'm on the cusp having been born on the 20th.

Surely we're not that desperate for stuff to talk about while we wait? :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #8372 on: August 07, 2014, 07:54:30 PM »

I don't know... When we're talking about potato chips for 2 pages in a thread about the return of a game, I'm pretty sure anything's up for grabs....
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

kierthos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8373 on: August 07, 2014, 07:54:35 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iCwmMlJDSE

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8374 on: August 07, 2014, 07:59:24 PM »

I mean Scorpios are prettttttttyyyyyy awesome.

DocHornet

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8375 on: August 07, 2014, 08:11:55 PM »
I mean Scorpios are prettttttttyyyyyy awesome.

Well, this one was!  :)

FourSpeed

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8376 on: August 07, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »
What about the Villain ATs' t-shirts?
Brute t-shirt:
"I like it when I'm angry"

How could it be anything other than    SMASH!

Cheers,

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #8377 on: August 07, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »

Speak for yourself! ;p

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8378 on: August 07, 2014, 09:00:55 PM »
How could it be anything other than    SMASH!

Yes! This ;D

And I could go for a Scrapper shirt that read,

Can't talk. Punching.

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8379 on: August 07, 2014, 09:08:14 PM »
Yes! This ;D

And I could go for a Scrapper shirt that read,

Can't talk. Punching.

Or can't talk , scrapper lock in progress.