Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7295424 times)

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8340 on: August 07, 2014, 02:27:30 AM »
Blaster t-shirt, on the back:

If you can read this... I need a Wakie.

Perfect!
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

okami

• Minion
« Reply #8341 on: August 07, 2014, 02:41:01 AM »
I wonder if there will be more "tone"-clash problems/issues going forward. Marvel's "Space" society is unabashedly SILLY (as it is in the comics) and that world doesn't REALLY fit well with the world of Winter Soldier/SHIELD/Iron Man or even Thor...

That's probably why Earthlings never get invited to the cosmic block parties.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #8342 on: August 07, 2014, 03:07:38 AM »
What about the Villain ATs' t-shirts?

Dominator t-shirt:
"I hold 'em down and kick 'em" or  "There is no escape..." or "Trap 'n' zap"

Brute t-shirt:
"I like it when I'm angry"

Stalker t-shirt:
"You can't see me" or  "I'm right behind you"

Mastermind t-shirt:
"And you thought herding cats was hard..." or "I bring my own army" or "We don't have time for subtle"

Corruptor t-shirt:
... I actually don't have any halfway-decent ideas for this one yet...
Suggestions? (please)?

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8343 on: August 07, 2014, 03:09:28 AM »
Blaster t-shirt, on the back:

If you can read this... I need a Wakie.

I didn't get an opportunity to order my Blaster t-shirt.  :gonk: I hope they relaunch the campaign.  :(

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #8344 on: August 07, 2014, 03:10:48 AM »
Oh in Dark Knight he's old -- but Clark is the same age as him (roughly) -- notice the elderly Perry White and late-middle aged Lana and Jimmy.  The point there is that Clark is that old and doesn't LOOK that old -- Miller is revving up the Bruce Wayne super-powers envy

Its the Old Bats/Young Superman take that's new -- I'm wondering if they're going for almost a "Batman Beyond" dynamic with Clark as Terry

Actually, if you go back to Man of Steel, the post crisis origin of Superman, Batman is older that Supes, not /that/ much older, but older.  By the time Superman makes his debut, Batman is already been out there fighting crime.  He's already an urban legend.  The whole urban legend thing came and went over the years depending on the writing team.

So not an entirely new take on having Batman be the veteran hero to Superman's newbie.

Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8345 on: August 07, 2014, 03:30:27 AM »
Brute t-shirt:
"I like it when I'm angry"

As a former Marine, I must borrow a common Marine-attributed motto which fits Brutes perfectly:

BRUTES: They're not happy unless they're pissed off.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #8346 on: August 07, 2014, 03:42:34 AM »
Actually, if you go back to Man of Steel, the post crisis origin of Superman, Batman is older that Supes, not /that/ much older, but older.  By the time Superman makes his debut, Batman is already been out there fighting crime.  He's already an urban legend.  The whole urban legend thing came and went over the years depending on the writing team.

So not an entirely new take on having Batman be the veteran hero to Superman's newbie.

Bruce has been in COSTUME longer than Clark in Byrne's version (and bats starting out as an urban legend is almost universal these days-- it lasting 30 years is completely new) but remember Clark has been traveling the world for many years saving people from disasters OUT of costume in that version -- they are roughly contemporaries post-crisis (both were still officially "28 years old" in the "present day" -- which I always thought too young)
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

amrobinson

• Lord Spittle
  • Lieutenant
  • Thermal Bloom
« Reply #8347 on: August 07, 2014, 03:46:34 AM »
Ah, snacks and the triumphs and pitfalls of trying them all!

There was a thread in the old coh forums that spoke of snacks and such. What were people snacking on whilst they clobbered their foes?
Pop-tarts was mine. (haven't had one since the game closed, actually. Maybe that's why I've lost 60 pounds!)
For a while, when I was out of work (putting on the aforementioned 60 pounds) I would have crackers and nutella. Oh no, sportsfans. Not the meager 2 tbsp serving they suggest - at least half the bloody jar!

With such pictures in my mind, I share this with you.
If you're a fan of nutella and would like to ...well, taper your consumption, this video may do the trick.

Please be sure impressionable children are not in the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENU9ZMEeww

Pretty sure Pete has passed away by now.   :'(

"I'm sorry, did you want to be set on fire as well?" - Dark Malice, 50+ Fire/Dark Corruptor
- Freedom, Champion servers

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8348 on: August 07, 2014, 05:15:47 AM »
While I don't usually say Wikipedia is a great source, they are the first place I go to for news of deaths. Wikipedia says he's still alive and his personal website doesn't mention a death. He's only 28, so it's not like he's old or something.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8349 on: August 07, 2014, 05:46:30 AM »
As a former Marine, I must borrow a common Marine-attributed motto which fits Brutes perfectly:

BRUTES: They're not happy unless they're pissed off.
There's no such thing as a FORMER Marine.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8350 on: August 07, 2014, 06:11:47 AM »
There's no such thing as a FORMER Marine.

They always say because your done serving doesn't mean you stop serving. Oh a lighter note the acronym for MARINES is My Ause Rides In Navy Equipment Sir. Not to leave the branch I served without insult, NAVY stands for Never Again Volunteer yourself xD

amrobinson

• Lord Spittle
  • Lieutenant
  • Thermal Bloom
« Reply #8351 on: August 07, 2014, 06:21:50 AM »
While I don't usually say Wikipedia is a great source, they are the first place I go to for news of deaths. Wikipedia says he's still alive and his personal website doesn't mention a death. He's only 28, so it's not like he's old or something.

I was basing that on his eating habits, worse than mine!
"I'm sorry, did you want to be set on fire as well?" - Dark Malice, 50+ Fire/Dark Corruptor
- Freedom, Champion servers

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #8352 on: August 07, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
Ugh. I keep dreaming the game is back.

Also said dream says the official announcement for the game being back happens on page 449, happens while I'm asleep, and 20 pages are posted before I wake up.

And that the game takes eight months to get into working relaunch order.

We'll have to see how accurate that is. If it turns out to be anywhere near correct, I assume I'll have to level a Fortunata/Widow because I'm friggin' psychic.

We can add that to my other superpower. Being able to discern what number is being written down by the sound the marker makes. Won a t-shirt on the CoH coffee talk doing that and I'm pretty sure I impressed the hosts and the chat mods.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8353 on: August 07, 2014, 10:48:01 AM »

No, he's not dead. Probably should be in a diabetic coma eating a tub like that. He's what I would call a competition eater. Doesn't seem to matter what the stuff is, he tries to eat more in less time than anyone else.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #8354 on: August 07, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »

Also said dream says the official announcement for the game being back happens on page 449, happens while I'm asleep, and 20 pages are posted before I wake up.

We'll have to see how accurate that is. If it turns out to be anywhere near correct, I assume I'll have to level a Fortunata/Widow because I'm friggin' psychic.

We can add that to my other superpower. Being able to discern what number is being written down by the sound the marker makes. Won a t-shirt on the CoH coffee talk doing that and I'm pretty sure I impressed the hosts and the chat mods.

Dream on  ;) Seriously, I dont think we will get any hard news before mid September.
And I would guess more like 2 months to get it running to start and collect money.

Gamerchamp

• Come from the Land Down
  • Lieutenant
  • City of Heroes/Villains
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8355 on: August 07, 2014, 12:03:14 PM »

I to also had very similar dreams to yours it happens pretty much constantly now must be a sign ;). I also have my own prediction on these series of events.
@Str8Dumpin
Str8Dumpin Level 50 War Mace/Fiery Aura Tanker
Str8Away Level 50 Fire Control/Radiation Emission Controller
Str8Killer Level 50 Spines/Invulnerability Scrapper
Str8Ninja Level 50 Energy Melee/Ninjitsu Stalker

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8356 on: August 07, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
Dream on  ;) Seriously, I dont think we will get any hard news before mid September.
And I would guess more like 2 months to get it running to start and collect money.

I was thinking we wouldnt get any hard news until Late October and the game would probably relaunch around Spring 2015..

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #8357 on: August 07, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »
I was thinking we wouldnt get any hard news until Late October and the game would probably relaunch around Spring 2015..

I hope the game doesn't take that long to make a return.

drmanbot

• Minion
« Reply #8358 on: August 07, 2014, 01:22:17 PM »
Realistically that makes sense, however.

We don't want the new Devs to rush out something thats busted and have everybody flinging up their hands and saying "ZOMG you guys suck , back to SWTOR, " or whatever. We want the game to have that "Pre Owned MMO" smell.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8359 on: August 07, 2014, 01:22:55 PM »
I hope the game doesn't take that long to make a return.

May be optimistic.  I cannot imagine the time and tasks involved to set up things like a support system/help desk, member/identity management much less collect payment and locate talent if needed. The technical issues can only be speculated.

Until then, keep sending good thoughts and wasabi peas