Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7295388 times)

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8400 on: August 08, 2014, 02:24:47 AM »
Just noticed, like... this page, man... It's number... um... 420... woooowww.....
Stoner!
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8401 on: August 08, 2014, 02:29:20 AM »
Since we're all passing time between updates, anyway, and now that we're on page 420, here's a question: have you ever teamed up with someone who was obviously high at the time?

Yes.  But the person was me so it was easy to tell.

MagnitudeZero

• Underling
« Reply #8402 on: August 08, 2014, 02:30:59 AM »
This borrows from someone else's idea (I think it was on the official forums) but on the front of the tshirt you would have a slogan for one archetype

such as:
 Tankers do it with protection,
 Blasters do it from a distance,
 Defenders do it with friends,
 Controllers do it with restraints,
 etc...

and on the back would be:
 How do you play City of Heroes?

You mentioned constraints... which reminded me about how when I finally got to see Guardians of the Galaxy this morning, they played a preview of 50 Shades of Grey.
While I didn't care much for the movie, I suddenly noticed it got about twenty degrees warmer at the end of the preview -  coming from the women sitting next to me, that I didn't know.

Zubenelgenubi

• Minion
« Reply #8403 on: August 08, 2014, 03:33:05 AM »
Since we're all passing time between updates, anyway, and now that we're on page 420, here's a question: have you ever teamed up with someone who was obviously high at the time?

Nooooooooo....

But I have friends who say they have.....   :roll:
--
PROFESSIONAL Astro-Nerd, thankyouverymuchforasking. Livin' in the Wild, Wild West!

"Ewww... Smells like Science in here!" - My Daughter (age 9)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8404 on: August 08, 2014, 04:31:23 AM »

I was often mistaken for being high when playing city of heroes by some of my teammates.....but then sometimes they'd see how tense I could get if someone asked me "the question" I always dreaded; "RUH3@LER?".  Then i'd get obviously agitated.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #8405 on: August 08, 2014, 04:39:47 AM »
No, but I did run with a crew that asked if I was, and I told them no and they returned and I should be :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #8406 on: August 08, 2014, 05:03:56 AM »
I was often mistaken for being high when playing city of heroes by some of my teammates.....but then sometimes they'd see how tense I could get if someone asked me "the question" I always dreaded; "RUH3@LER?".  Then i'd get obviously agitated.

I would get agitated because they can't type. Honestly, that mess saves typing four lousy characters. If you are that stressed for time log off!

As an aside I soloed so much and my build were always built for survival, I never asked that question because I didn't care. I'm more likely to ask: "Wow! How did you do that!" or "Is everyone having fun?"
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Gamerchamp

• Come from the Land Down
  • Lieutenant
  • City of Heroes/Villains
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8407 on: August 08, 2014, 05:32:45 AM »
On the games return I shall level my Spines/Invulnerability Scrapper and my Demon Summoning/Pain Domination Mastermind.

Then in come the alts which I haven't thought about yet.

My main focus is to level my Hero and Villain to 50 and then figure the rest out once I get up to there.
@Str8Dumpin
Str8Dumpin Level 50 War Mace/Fiery Aura Tanker
Str8Away Level 50 Fire Control/Radiation Emission Controller
Str8Killer Level 50 Spines/Invulnerability Scrapper
Str8Ninja Level 50 Energy Melee/Ninjitsu Stalker

Remidi

• Minion
« Reply #8408 on: August 08, 2014, 06:12:38 AM »
When The Day comes, I will first make placeholder alts to save the names of all my old toons.  But I don't think I have the heart to play them.  They would be shadows of their former selves.

Step Two, make a new alt.

Step Three, get my friends together so we can register our SG and start on the long road to rebuilding our base.

Step Four, writhe in ecstasy as I play CoH again.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8409 on: August 08, 2014, 06:15:14 AM »
The real question is who is going to make the first CoX Resurrection AE Story Arc?

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8410 on: August 08, 2014, 06:52:54 AM »
Hard to say, MM3squints.  My first obligations in the AE are to get the 4 "PENGUIN" arcs back up.  Then "Hammer and Sickle of Paragon City."  Then "Fox Hunt."

Any others will wait a minute.  :)

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8411 on: August 08, 2014, 07:10:14 AM »
If we don't get our characters back, remake my favorites and get to work.  If we do get them back...

If we get our characters back.  I will visit each of them in turn for a few moments.  Then I will take my namesake, stand where I did in Atlas the night of the shutdown, hold a torch...  and just listen to the chat and soak it in.  Maybe go through a few tissues.  :)

Then I think I'll get on one of my healers and see if I can bolster a team.  Assuming I can remember how.  :)  I suspect the first few hours we'll have a few 50s stumbling around like noobs.  I know I will be.  But I suspect it will all return quickly.

[edit: and I'm still holding out hope for Christmas in the chalet.]

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #8412 on: August 08, 2014, 07:30:14 AM »
The day the game comes back, I will probably spend about a solid 30 minutes just staring at everything again.

Then the clarion call will go out, a voice ringing clear from one end of Paragon City to the other, a call that draws all who hear it to the gathering place...

"I'M FILMING, WHO WANTS TO BE IN A VIDEO?!"

(Admittedly, I probably won't get much of a response since everyone will be too busy chatting and playing and just freaking out about being back in the game again.)

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #8413 on: August 08, 2014, 07:43:16 AM »
You really think no one would respond? I would think otherwise.

Which reminds me...

Adding to my list of things to do once the game is back, make a character on Samuraiko's server on the off chance I can be in one of her videos.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:06:40 AM by Everfreefire »
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #8414 on: August 08, 2014, 07:48:48 AM »
(Admittedly, I probably won't get much of a response since everyone will be too busy chatting and playing and just freaking out about being back in the game again.)

I'll respond! :D
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8415 on: August 08, 2014, 07:58:27 AM »
No, but I did run with a crew that asked if I was, and I told them no and they returned and I should be :)

Sounds like good people.  And something I would say, in fact it might of been me.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8416 on: August 08, 2014, 07:59:58 AM »

I'd respond.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8417 on: August 08, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »
I would expect quite a bit of a response.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8418 on: August 08, 2014, 09:39:43 AM »

Not played with them, but in NW I've seen recruiting messages for a guild called the Green bowl packers who make it a requirement.

Ouul

• Minion
« Reply #8419 on: August 08, 2014, 12:06:50 PM »
The day the game comes back, I will probably spend about a solid 30 minutes just staring at everything again.

Then the clarion call will go out, a voice ringing clear from one end of Paragon City to the other, a call that draws all who hear it to the gathering place...

"I'M FILMING, WHO WANTS TO BE IN A VIDEO?!"

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

I'm ready for my close up...