Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7533608 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #2880 on: July 04, 2014, 03:28:57 AM »
Here you go: http://members.shaw.ca/flamingbunnyman/RudeTells.zip

One of the pages is missing - replaced by a copy of another. But it's still comedy gold.

dling and scanning :)
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2881 on: July 04, 2014, 03:37:19 AM »
Well, everything is sounding good, nice to hear its still making progress.

Stratoburst

• Minion
« Reply #2882 on: July 04, 2014, 03:48:27 AM »
This is fantastic news!  ;D

While having the user data would be nice, I'll happily live without it, because...

I want my Peacebringer back!

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #2883 on: July 04, 2014, 03:54:35 AM »
I'd also promised Viridian (the redname) before the shutdown that if I ever had the opportunity (and especially if said opportunity was the game coming back), I would make a video to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFmLwjLp8s

("Save the World Tonight" by Swedish House Mafia)

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

PS - I'm still resolutely not getting my hopes up, since I don't think I could take it if my heart broke all over again as a result of this falling through for whatever reason.

PPS - That said, I fully expect that if it DOES happen, I will get this metric a**ton of PMs, Twitter notices, emails, what-have-you bombarding me with "Guess what?! NOW YOU CAN MAKE VIDEOS AGAIN! AND I WANNA BE IN THEM! LIKE NAO!"
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

Ouul

• Minion
« Reply #2884 on: July 04, 2014, 04:05:52 AM »
I'd also promised Viridian (the redname) before the shutdown that if I ever had the opportunity (and especially if said opportunity was the game coming back), I would make a video to this:

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

PS - I'm still resolutely not getting my hopes up, since I don't think I could take it if my heart broke all over again as a result of this falling through for whatever reason.

PPS - That said, I fully expect that if it DOES happen, I will get this metric a**ton of PMs, Twitter notices, emails, what-have-you bombarding me with "Guess what?! NOW YOU CAN MAKE VIDEOS AGAIN! AND I WANNA BE IN THEM! LIKE NAO!"

Why wait?! PUT ME IN VEEDEEOZZ AGAIN PLZ

;)

Gamerchamp

• Come from the Land Down
  • Lieutenant
  • City of Heroes/Villains
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2885 on: July 04, 2014, 04:12:39 AM »

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

And me to pwetty pwease :D.
@Str8Dumpin
Str8Dumpin Level 50 War Mace/Fiery Aura Tanker
Str8Away Level 50 Fire Control/Radiation Emission Controller
Str8Killer Level 50 Spines/Invulnerability Scrapper
Str8Ninja Level 50 Energy Melee/Ninjitsu Stalker

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2886 on: July 04, 2014, 04:22:42 AM »

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

I WANNA BE IN THE VIDEO TOOOO! :D

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2887 on: July 04, 2014, 04:28:23 AM »
I await the day I get to see another Samuraiko video from City of Heroes!  I definitely love all this energy surrounding city of heroes possible resurrection.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2888 on: July 04, 2014, 04:29:09 AM »
I could care less about what my account had.  Sure it would be nice to have everything I had before, but I'll take the fact that I can even play the game again over all of that crap in a heartbeat.

I would like my 50s back. Especially my Hybrid'ed 50s. But what has been done once, can be done again.

DFB FORMING, SEND TELL FOR INVITE!

I am trying not to get my hopes up too much.

DragonCommando

• Minion
« Reply #2889 on: July 04, 2014, 04:43:25 AM »
I have been lurking around here since before the shutdown and hadn't find some time to create an account (due to my PhD), but after today's news I knew I had to create an account to:
1) Thanks Ironwolf and all the others involved;
2) Wish best of luck in this final stages of the negotiation...

FenrirEX

• Minion
« Reply #2890 on: July 04, 2014, 04:53:54 AM »
I would like my 50s back. Especially my Hybrid'ed 50s. But what has been done once, can be done again.

DFB FORMING, SEND TELL FOR INVITE!

I am trying not to get my hopes up too much.

We've come this far.  Who knows?  A little hope at this point probably can't hurt. ^.^

Without_Pause

• Minion
« Reply #2891 on: July 04, 2014, 05:21:46 AM »
Don't expect more than one or two servers to start with.

This also brings up the issue if they do get the old data back but have fewer servers then how are they going to handle that. I think having the same number of servers once everything is up and running might be asking a lot.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2892 on: July 04, 2014, 05:34:37 AM »
This also brings up the issue if they do get the old data back but have fewer servers then how are they going to handle that. I think having the same number of servers once everything is up and running might be asking a lot.
Well, it was said earlier that they are not getting the old data back, nor even a guarantee of the game code itself.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #2893 on: July 04, 2014, 05:40:12 AM »
CoX was my first mmo, and the only one that held my attention. I've tried others and they came up short and were found wanting. I enthusiastically look forward to it's return. In any form.  ;)
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2894 on: July 04, 2014, 05:44:48 AM »
Well, it was said earlier that they are not getting the old data back, nor even a guarantee of the game code itself.

We still don't know for sure what's included in the deal. Everything here is still speculation. No one said for sure we're not getting the data.

UPDATE

Hold on a bit - looks like for once I read a bit too much into the email!

It is in the hands of the final guy but they are still working to get the best deal with the most stuff in it - for the best price. I thought it was at the peak - my fault entirely - but it is at the final stage and now the serious deal making is on and we are 1 signature away again.

Thanks again Ironwolf. Well done, whatever happens!
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #2895 on: July 04, 2014, 05:55:15 AM »

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

I don't need to be in them, just to see them. But I will offer this. I do 2-D Art and have a massive collection of music, including thousands of soundtracks. Anything you need that I can offer I will gladly do.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2896 on: July 04, 2014, 06:05:05 AM »

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

I won't mind seeing them.  But I don't need to be in them.  I'll be to busy doing other things myself.  I want to help the community out, as I'll want CoX to have the best chance of a long life after rebooting and helping newcomers get into the game is one of the better ways imo.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #2897 on: July 04, 2014, 06:05:40 AM »
But that was an optional grindfest, if you didn't want to do it you didn't have too.

The problem for me was that I wanted Incarnate stuff, but got tired of the grind before any individual Incarnate stuff came out, and left the game until the shutdown announcement. It was just too much repetitive combat button mashing for something that would take forever to achieve.

Additionally, and this was the biggie, I enjoyed the story of CoH. You can look on the wiki at the trial pages - there's no story in those articles, just general overview and strategy. Why? Because no one played to experience what was going on, they rushed through for loot.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2898 on: July 04, 2014, 06:11:39 AM »
The problem for me was that I wanted Incarnate stuff, but got tired of the grind before any individual Incarnate stuff came out, and left the game until the shutdown announcement. It was just too much repetitive combat button mashing for something that would take forever to achieve.

Additionally, and this was the biggie, I enjoyed the story of CoH. You can look on the wiki at the trial pages - there's no story in those articles, just general overview and strategy. Why? Because no one played to experience what was going on, they rushed through for loot.

Honestly that was their problem.  I didn't enjoy speed running the trials myself, or playing with teams demanding anything of me when I was already playing a corruptor and knew how to play em.  I generally had good luck on the drops though, usually.  There was a glitch with masterminds getting disproportionately less than other AT's due to the contribution factor, but my fortunata, well, as one example, got 5 very rares before getting her first rare.  I had solid luck across most characters, but even so I didn't go for very rare abilities.  Only the destiny power was ever prioritized for a very rare ability for the perma effect, but beyond that, everything else was a tier 3 and it served adequetely.  Should the game start up I may get more then one tier 4 ability, as i'll have less characters to deal with.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #2899 on: July 04, 2014, 06:11:48 AM »
No, there's no story on the Wiki because our limited staff was overworked because so much stuff was coming out and we had all to do to keep things up to date and when we were low on time, we prioritized the info folks needed to get the iTrials completed and what the rewards were.  Lore was a luxury we didn't have much time for at the end.

At least that's why I didn't put more time into it.  Plus, in most other content one could have the Wiki open and cut and paste text and edit a page while the game ran.  With Trials, one didn't have that luxury to just sit there and edit a page as leisurely as other content.

Again, that's just my take on it.

I for one loved the story of the iTrials, and the powers, AND the combat, and the challenge of getting all the new shiny badges. However it fell apart as a storyline when it got completed 3 or 4 times a night.