Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7533545 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #2900 on: July 04, 2014, 06:12:49 AM »
No, there's no story on the Wiki because our limited staff was overworked because so much stuff was coming out and we had all to do to keep things up to date and when we were low on time, we prioritized the info folks needed to get the iTrials completed and what the rewards were.  Lore was a luxury we didn't have much time for at the end.

At least that's why I didn't put more time into it.  Plus, in most other content one could have the Wiki open and cut and paste text and edit a page while the game ran.  With Trials, one didn't have that luxury to just sit there and edit a page as leisurely as other content.

Again, that's just my take on it.

I can understand you there.  My favorite story was who will die afterall.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #2901 on: July 04, 2014, 06:15:56 AM »
The problem for me was that I wanted Incarnate stuff, but got tired of the grind before any individual Incarnate stuff came out, and left the game until the shutdown announcement. It was just too much repetitive combat button mashing for something that would take forever to achieve.

Additionally, and this was the biggie, I enjoyed the story of CoH. You can look on the wiki at the trial pages - there's no story in those articles, just general overview and strategy. Why? Because no one played to experience what was going on, they rushed through for loot.

I feel your pain.

But the fix for that is to find either an SG with active members who have lots of time on their hands or a PUG that wants to immerse in the world. Could be tough.

I did team up a couple times with a leader who really 'involved' us in the conversations with the contacts through roleplaying. It was fun, but also time consuming which for many is an issue.
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2902 on: July 04, 2014, 06:16:49 AM »
I feel your pain.

But the fix for that is to find either an SG with active members who have lots of time on their hands or a PUG that wants to immerse in the world. Could be tough.

I did team up a couple times with a leader who really 'involved' us in the conversations with the contacts through roleplaying. It was fun, but also time consuming which for many is an issue.

Aye, I was a roleplayer myself, and knew others who had ways of roleplaying the incarnate thing out.  I actually enjoyed it alot when people did that.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #2903 on: July 04, 2014, 06:18:26 AM »
Yeah, I tried to run some more leisurely trials, but would often end up just running it like normal because folks grew impatient.  Being a trial leader was either a labor of love or an absolute nightmare.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2904 on: July 04, 2014, 06:21:34 AM »
Yeah, I tried to run some more leisurely trials, but would often end up just running it like normal because folks grew impatient.  Being a trial leader was either a labor of love or an absolute nightmare.

Yeah alot of players were only end result and rush to the end types, virtue was usually better than that.  But then again virtue was comprised almost entirely of roleplayers.  Speaking of roleplayers, wondering what the unofficial rp server will be if new servers have to be made?  That will have to be seen.

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #2905 on: July 04, 2014, 06:33:40 AM »
I wonder if today is the day :)

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2906 on: July 04, 2014, 06:35:39 AM »
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:51:31 AM by Thirty-Seven »

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2907 on: July 04, 2014, 06:40:52 AM »
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2908 on: July 04, 2014, 06:52:02 AM »
You forgot about the Euro server............

Which would do what?

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #2909 on: July 04, 2014, 06:53:36 AM »

Which would do what?
Be...
uhm...
very Euro?

Seriously, i got nothing.  :-[
As of the shutdown all the servers were in North America and part of a single server list. Now, i could see setting up a couple French and German servers if there was enough demand, but a Euro server as generic English language server would serve no function.

So far so good. Onward and upward!

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2910 on: July 04, 2014, 06:54:03 AM »

Which would do what?

I think it's more a lag issue than anything else. They can figure out what they do with it :)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #2911 on: July 04, 2014, 06:56:49 AM »
I think it's more a lag issue than anything else. They can figure out what they do with it :)
Actually all servers were in the US for the last year or so and the overall lag was better than when they were at the European data center because the old Euro datacenter had infrastructure issues IIRC.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #2912 on: July 04, 2014, 07:04:43 AM »
You forgot about the Euro server............

If you mean Euro server to be located in Europe somewhere, then I dont think it is needed in this game. I played on pinnacle for many years and did not have a problem with latency.

HOWEVER there absolutely need to be east coast server(s) otherwise latency will be a problem for Europe!

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2913 on: July 04, 2014, 07:23:34 AM »
I actually only mentioned it because of someone else stating their past problems in this thread. I'm sure not going to start crap over something that doesn't effect me. The Euro comment was a general reference because, I couldn't remember, didn't want to search, or never knew the origin of the of the effected party. Good god, are we going there already?

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2914 on: July 04, 2014, 07:31:56 AM »
Going where?

Is it fun there?

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2915 on: July 04, 2014, 07:34:21 AM »
Going where?

Is it fun there?

You tell me. But good for you :D

Shadowe

• Boss
  • Just don't tell Manticore...
« Reply #2916 on: July 04, 2014, 07:37:27 AM »
It's actually nothing to do with latency.

Speaking only for Union and Defiant, we Euro-server players had our own little sub-community, with the semi-unified RP on Union, the more "serious" PvE play on Defiant, and our own history as a community. Many of us would like to preserve that (especially the Union Roleplayers).

Even so:

Step 1: Get the game back.
The wisdom of Shadowe: Ghostraptor: The Shadowe is wise ...; FFM: Shadowe is no longer wise. ; Techbot_Alpha: Also, what Shadowe said. It seems he is still somewhat wise ; Bull Throttle: Shadowe was unwise in this instance...; Rock_Powerfist: in this instance Shadowe is wise.; Techbot_Alpha: Shadowe is very wise *nods*; Zortel: *Quotable line about Shadowe being wise goes here.* FFM: I think you're mostly wise in this instance, apart from one part.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2917 on: July 04, 2014, 08:01:29 AM »
WOW.  I miss looking at the forums for a day or two, and BOOM!  'splosion!

I hope I hope I hope I hope this works.  :o  Pleeeeeeeease!

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2918 on: July 04, 2014, 08:03:16 AM »
As awesome as that would be, most servers had their own server community and their own habits and traditions.  But, I wouldn't hold my breath to get all of our servers back.  I am sure we lost a lot of folks in the intervening years so we are going to want to put as many folks together as we can, or all this talk of Incarnates isn't going to amount to much.

Still, I guess I can see the rationale of calling out the Euro servers eperately, but similar things could be argued for many of the servers. 

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2919 on: July 04, 2014, 08:38:27 AM »
Going where?

Is it fun there?

To the Americans ?