Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7261815 times)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
Re: Magical thinking
« Reply #8780 on: August 14, 2014, 04:23:50 AM »
*forehead in hands*

1. I feel that to want this so much, is to jinx the efforts being made. So I try not to think of it too much. Nothing I want this badly can possibly happen, right... so I try to distract myself from increasingly numerous and intrusive thoughts of WHAT WOULD I DO FIRST, IF IT CAME BACK!!!??? Then I mentally stuff that genie right back into its lamp. Shhh. Don't attract the negative attention of the powers that be.

2. This is stressful. Potentially good stress, but stress. I need to work off this stress. This could only be done by being in the game. But no game. So I log into CO, run one alert and am overcome by boredom. I log back off. I think about how badly I want this to happen. But I cant think about it too much, because that might jinx things. Its a terrible infinity loop of circular logic. Or magical thinking.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8781 on: August 14, 2014, 04:34:06 AM »
*forehead in hands*

1. I feel that to want this so much, is to jinx the efforts being made. So I try not to think of it too much. Nothing I want this badly can possibly happen, right... so I try to distract myself from increasingly numerous and intrusive thoughts of WHAT WOULD I DO FIRST, IF IT CAME BACK!!!??? Then I mentally stuff that genie right back into its lamp. Shhh. Don't attract the negative attention of the powers that be.

2. This is stressful. Potentially good stress, but stress. I need to work off this stress. This could only be done by being in the game. But no game. So I log into CO, run one alert and am overcome by boredom. I log back off. I think about how badly I want this to happen. But I cant think about it too much, because that might jinx things. Its a terrible infinity loop of circular logic. Or magical thinking.

Ha funny I had a similar situation with DCUO. Awhile back I did the lifetime sub so every DLC that comes out I get for free. After playing the game for 1 hour I remember why I stopped playing. Just really annoys me that trollers are nothing more than glorified batteries. I don't feel like a troller in DCUO :((

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #8782 on: August 14, 2014, 05:01:58 AM »
Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home.

The relaunched game will have Ouroboros as its starting point, and all missions will be flashbacks.

On the plus side, the 1960s Paragon City and Rogue Isles will be new zones.

And Brass Monday Incarnate Trial.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8783 on: August 14, 2014, 05:14:10 AM »
The relaunched game will have Ouroboros as its starting point, and all missions will be flashbacks.

So it's not Sam Beckett and Project Quantum Leap; it's Frank Parker and Project Backstep. (Boy, there's a show I'd like for them to FINALLY put out on DVD.)
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8784 on: August 14, 2014, 05:37:03 AM »

Things are moving along. We should have things worth showing fairly soon, made a great leap forward yesterday.

One small step for a superhero, one giant leap for superhero kind? Moon base confirmed?

amrobinson

• Lord Spittle
  • Lieutenant
  • Thermal Bloom
« Reply #8785 on: August 14, 2014, 05:45:05 AM »
UPDATE

I did contact the team yesterday and got this reply back:

Things are moving along. We should have things worth showing fairly soon, made a great leap forward yesterday.

The thing is while it is quiet here - work is being done behind the scenes.
WOOT!

I second the call for a tip to Ironwolf in the returned COX.

I think 'Ironwolf' would make a excellent boss villain name!
"I'm sorry, did you want to be set on fire as well?" - Dark Malice, 50+ Fire/Dark Corruptor
- Freedom, Champion servers

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #8786 on: August 14, 2014, 06:34:15 AM »

Ewww... I think that's a lil too close to the word: MENSES... just saying.

I was trying to come up with a good one for

MENSIES

But the best I could do was

Mysterious Entities Negotiating the Sale of Interactive  Entertainment Systems

Netzahualcoyotl

• Minion
  • <Infinity alum - global Netzahualcoyotl>
« Reply #8787 on: August 14, 2014, 07:58:25 AM »
Assuming the re-launch of CoX (and the launch of CoX2  ;D), is this a unique event?

Has any other MMO been killed and resurrected as we anticipate for CoX?

Hmmm... pre-CU SWG and the current SWG emulator I play (www.swgemu.com) come to mind....
... Atlanteans fled to far corners of the planet to preserve themselves and as much of their science and technology as time would allow...  Atlantean DNA remains among the inhabitants of Earth... and when the strains randomly cross-multiply... a re-combined Atlantean can occasionally result - stronger, faster, more evolved with abilities far beyond those of normal humanity... A being like... Atzlanticus!

Netzahualcoyotl

• Minion
  • <Infinity alum - global Netzahualcoyotl>
« Reply #8788 on: August 14, 2014, 08:00:22 AM »
He deserves a whole damn trial... "You have earned the Ironwolf badge"

I second that...!  ;)
... Atlanteans fled to far corners of the planet to preserve themselves and as much of their science and technology as time would allow...  Atlantean DNA remains among the inhabitants of Earth... and when the strains randomly cross-multiply... a re-combined Atlantean can occasionally result - stronger, faster, more evolved with abilities far beyond those of normal humanity... A being like... Atzlanticus!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #8789 on: August 14, 2014, 08:16:21 AM »
Hmmm... pre-CU SWG and the current SWG emulator I play (www.swgemu.com) come to mind....

That's not an official relauching, which is what was meant.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:23:46 AM by FloatingFatMan »

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8790 on: August 14, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »
o_O

... anyway.

Damn I miss playing my dark/storm/mako. I used dark blue and light red for the dark for the color tint so when you shoot gloom it's feels psychedelic and with water spout and 2 tornado active you just see complete chaos xD

Oh, man, I wish I'd made a /Storm/Mako Controller for the Spout + Tornado goodness.  (Tornado was one of my favorite powers in /Storm - yes, I used the KB->KD proc in it - and I had an Earth/Ice/Mako Dominator who I made that last September and got to 50 before the end, so I know how cool Waterspout is)

I miss this game SO MUCH.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #8791 on: August 14, 2014, 11:29:30 AM »
So it's not Sam Beckett and Project Quantum Leap; it's Frank Parker and Project Backstep. (Boy, there's a show I'd like for them to FINALLY put out on DVD.)
Considering that a quantum leap is literally the smallest possible change in state i'm perfectly okay with it not being one.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Deadflame2

• Not quite as dead as Deadflame1
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8792 on: August 14, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »
Ha funny I had a similar situation with DCUO. Awhile back I did the lifetime sub so every DLC that comes out I get for free. After playing the game for 1 hour I remember why I stopped playing. Just really annoys me that trollers are nothing more than glorified batteries. I don't feel like a troller in DCUO :((

I really agree with this mostly.  However, there ARE ways to be more than that.  There are buffs/debuffs as well.  Crowd control.  Just not in the same way CoX had them.  My Quantum has a debuff and a hold as well as some knockback.  It doesn't play the same as a CoX Controller, but it isn't entirely useless either.
Reminder: No game = No data, no characters...nothing.  However, no data/characters != No game.

BadWolf

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8793 on: August 14, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »
this is great news!  I hope that one of the mods here can put the team in touch with the folks on the SCoRE team if there is any need for reverse engineering.

Don't forget that it's already something of an open secret that their plan includes creating a CoH2. If they're buying not just the rights to the existing game but to create a sequel as well, NCSoft would be entirely sensible to ask for some proof that these developers are capable of creating a new MMO before selling them the rights to do exactly that. The "technical competence" test is more likely related to this than to the existing CoH. Maintaining an existing game, even one that will involve some work to get from an image to a fully functional game, is much easier than creating the successor game.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8794 on: August 14, 2014, 03:16:03 PM »
I really agree with this mostly.  However, there ARE ways to be more than that.  There are buffs/debuffs as well.  Crowd control.  Just not in the same way CoX had them.  My Quantum has a debuff and a hold as well as some knockback.  It doesn't play the same as a CoX Controller, but it isn't entirely useless either.

Ya that's true, but when you team all people say is "what is your vit?" and "need power" xD

Deadflame2

• Not quite as dead as Deadflame1
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #8795 on: August 14, 2014, 03:26:16 PM »
Ya that's true, but when you team all people say is "what is your vit?" and "need power" xD

Well it's important for the person with the highest Vit to provide Power Over Time, while a secondary Controller offers Power Dumps in between.  It's all part of the mechanic of DCUO and really part of learning about that particular role.  I rarely hear a peep when I'm Trolling.  That being said, PuGs are also a heck of a lot more vocal even when entirely unnecessary.  PuGs also complain regardless of the job you do.  I would never gauge my skills based on feedback from PuGs.  I'm a smart person and I thought I was doing certain things the correct way in the beginning and I was absolutely horrible.  PuGs were vocal either way.  If I did what they asked, they were bitchy.  If I didn't, they were bitchy.  It wasn't until I joined a league and someone said "So this is what you're doing but this is how it actually functions." and I went "Wow.  That changes the way I've been playing!".

You have to take a more in depth look at the powers in the sets for those buffs or debuffs and how feasible they are in what you're doing.  But mainly, remember it isn't CoX and it has it's own dynamic.  Although I don't like twitchy controls, I do find it interesting to play.  All my opinion of course.
Reminder: No game = No data, no characters...nothing.  However, no data/characters != No game.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8796 on: August 14, 2014, 03:46:20 PM »
Well it's important for the person with the highest Vit to provide Power Over Time, while a secondary Controller offers Power Dumps in between.  It's all part of the mechanic of DCUO and really part of learning about that particular role.  I rarely hear a peep when I'm Trolling.  That being said, PuGs are also a heck of a lot more vocal even when entirely unnecessary.  PuGs also complain regardless of the job you do.  I would never gauge my skills based on feedback from PuGs.  I'm a smart person and I thought I was doing certain things the correct way in the beginning and I was absolutely horrible.  PuGs were vocal either way.  If I did what they asked, they were bitchy.  If I didn't, they were bitchy.  It wasn't until I joined a league and someone said "So this is what you're doing but this is how it actually functions." and I went "Wow.  That changes the way I've been playing!".

You have to take a more in depth look at the powers in the sets for those buffs or debuffs and how feasible they are in what you're doing.  But mainly, remember it isn't CoX and it has it's own dynamic.  Although I don't like twitchy controls, I do find it interesting to play.  All my opinion of course.

Its all good. That's probably my problem I never joined a league and just play with PuGs xD I have a quantum up to CR 100+ and after awhile, I just got burned out. Quantum was nice because the debuffs were ranged (usually if I was p0ter I could use p0t power then 6 any attacks then refresh with p0t of if I'm off energy I throw refresh after every power) Recently with the weapon mastery change, people are less demanding for me to keep throwing p0t, but people who still do might builds cry about it when they burn through all their energy and wonder why they are getting out dps by not the perc dps, and the trollers (me xD)

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8797 on: August 14, 2014, 05:23:50 PM »
Whoo ty for your efforts

Damn I miss playing my dark/storm/mako. I used dark blue and light red for the dark for the color tint so when you shoot gloom it's feels psychedelic and with water spout and 2 tornado active you just see complete chaos xD

Did someone make a Sharknado joke/toon yet?
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8798 on: August 14, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »
Assuming the re-launch of CoX (and the launch of CoX2  ;D), is this a unique event?

Has any other MMO been killed and resurrected as we anticipate for CoX?

Asheron's Call II I know has.  I think there are 1 or 2 others.

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #8799 on: August 14, 2014, 07:57:36 PM »
Asheron's Call II I know has.  I think there are 1 or 2 others.

APB is another one, now known as APB Reloaded.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse