Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7539180 times)

Risha

• Boss
  • Dancing at the end of the World
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3160 on: July 06, 2014, 03:22:20 AM »
To change the subject, I logged on and figured out the powers of relatively recently made characters that I wasn't quite sure of...well, I still don't know what I chose as a secondary for one.  Anyway, I went running and jumping around Atlas, and boy were my fingers slow.  I've tried many, many games since CoX closed, stuck with The Secret World for about a month...but that was it, so I don't have my gaming fingers anymore.

If this goes through, I'm going to have to practice before beta or be supremely embarrassed.
Writer of Fantasy and Fantasy Romance

CaptainHonor

• Underling
« Reply #3161 on: July 06, 2014, 03:30:11 AM »
There's no way in hell NCsoft is selling the IP or gives over the data, a lot of people are diverting from what this is about, this is about trying to make NCsoft open source City of Heroes, a lot of people in this thread are too greedy, just be content that we are potentially gonna be getting a new beginning, your old characters will not be restored, never again, unless City of Heroes is making a comeback from NCsoft themselves.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3162 on: July 06, 2014, 03:31:42 AM »
I took the other posts off sticky (Google, etc.) and stickied this one. The other efforts seem to have piddled out to nothing and this is our current best bet. Better to keep it up at the top of the list.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3163 on: July 06, 2014, 03:36:56 AM »
I took the other posts off sticky (Google, etc.) and stickied this one. The other efforts seem to have piddled out to nothing and this is our current best bet. Better to keep it up at the top of the list.

Thats a good idea.  We haven't heard anything of those things, go figure.  But one thing is clear that, persistence does pay off IMO.  However this goes this was the closest we got to getting the game back so far.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3164 on: July 06, 2014, 04:11:13 AM »

makes sense..

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3165 on: July 06, 2014, 04:17:39 AM »

That took long enough for someone to notice that from March.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3166 on: July 06, 2014, 04:20:57 AM »
Seems like a good idea to me. Although this thread has little chance of slipping from the top currently; it's up to 64 pages already by my count and adding at least 1-3 more pages a day. Now i just hope there's good news within the next month.

Losing access to your character names because someone with an ear on this thread decided to go trololol and claim them would be tragic.
At least for me the only name anyone is likely to get from reading this thread is in my signature, and i've dozens more like it if i get the whim to make more. (Here's another silly alt name i used as a bonus: my parole officer.) My silly alt names were mostly for fun with NPC dialogue and were characters that i just used to play around with game mechanics and when i was in a silly mood.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3167 on: July 06, 2014, 04:27:44 AM »
Eh, if we aren't getting any character/account data back I'm not gonna cry over it honestly. My only big concern is with time-sensitive/exclusive unlockables that we had access to. The Zeus/Tartarus helmets and the Halloween costume pack in particular come to mind. The one was earned by maintaining a subscription during a certain time-frame and the other was only buyable for about 2 weeks out of the year. Both provided some costume pieces that I used extensively in several of my favorite characters. If the buyers are willing to make things like the Zeus helm buyable in the market unlike it was in the past and maybe give us a free for all on time-sensitive stuff like the Halloween pack for about a month after the game comes back, then I'm a-okay. I just don't want to have the game go live in say November (I know it will take much longer than that likely, but just as a hypothetical) and then not be able to buy the Halloween goodies for an entire year afterwards. That would make it impossible to remake two of my favorite characters properly, and one of the others would be doable, but missing quite a bit of pizazz that made him look awesome.

I'm not complaining, mind you. I know the deal isn't done, and when it is that it will likely be a sizable wait until we're able to play again. I just wanted to put that thought out there in the hopes that it will be heard and potentially heeded. Honestly, I think the best way to go about the veteran rewards is to just make them buyable perks in the store. It was a fine plan when people had already been playing for years and had most of the stuff unlocked already, but to put some amazing stuff like the Celestial Armor and Phoenix wings behind a gate that would require 8 years of play or literally over $1000 worth of purchased points for bonus tokens to unlock them when starting a game from scratch just seems a little poorly handled. If I were in that position I'd just make all the current vet stuff purchasable and start a new vet reward tree with different perks. Time will tell, I suppose. Either way, I'll be glad to get to play again. I may just have to postpone some of my favorite characters until I can properly outfit them again, haha.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3168 on: July 06, 2014, 04:37:15 AM »
Eh, if we aren't getting any character/account data back I'm not gonna cry over it honestly. My only big concern is with time-sensitive/exclusive unlockables that we had access to. The Zeus/Tartarus helmets and the Halloween costume pack in particular come to mind. The one was earned by maintaining a subscription during a certain time-frame and the other was only buyable for about 2 weeks out of the year. Both provided some costume pieces that I used extensively in several of my favorite characters. If the buyers are willing to make things like the Zeus helm buyable in the market unlike it was in the past and maybe give us a free for all on time-sensitive stuff like the Halloween pack for about a month after the game comes back, then I'm a-okay. I just don't want to have the game go live in say November (I know it will take much longer than that likely, but just as a hypothetical) and then not be able to buy the Halloween goodies for an entire year afterwards. That would make it impossible to remake two of my favorite characters properly, and one of the others would be doable, but missing quite a bit of pizazz that made him look awesome.

I'm not complaining, mind you. I know the deal isn't done, and when it is that it will likely be a sizable wait until we're able to play again. I just wanted to put that thought out there in the hopes that it will be heard and potentially heeded. Honestly, I think the best way to go about the veteran rewards is to just make them buyable perks in the store. It was a fine plan when people had already been playing for years and had most of the stuff unlocked already, but to put some amazing stuff like the Celestial Armor and Phoenix wings behind a gate that would require 8 years of play or literally over $1000 worth of purchased points for bonus tokens to unlock them when starting a game from scratch just seems a little poorly handled. If I were in that position I'd just make all the current vet stuff purchasable and start a new vet reward tree with different perks. Time will tell, I suppose. Either way, I'll be glad to get to play again. I may just have to postpone some of my favorite characters until I can properly outfit them again, haha.

Aye, i'll be glad to play again myself.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #3169 on: July 06, 2014, 04:51:14 AM »
Oh for the love of...

Can we just get back to being excited?

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3170 on: July 06, 2014, 04:54:54 AM »
Oh for the love of...

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite

Agreed.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3171 on: July 06, 2014, 04:59:43 AM »
I was never quite sure why people asked for level ups in Beta, at least in the post-Wentworth's era. With unlimited buying power, it was so easy to get all the IOs, XP boosts, and everything else you'd need, that leveling was even easier than ever there.

But if/when we do get CoX back, I hope they open immediately with i24, as there were so many very cool things in that issue that I think it would be a shame to postpone them till later, especially as (in post-Freedom CoX) there was a logical and cool story extension for the early Atlas Park/Habashy/Shining Stars arcs.

Speaking of, one of the ideas that came up on the old forums towards the end that I thought was really cool was to try and "re-task" some of the zones towards more story oriented paths. IE, rather than just have the one "origin" path from the post-Freedom era on the Villain and Hero sides, open them up a bit more to other routes (sort of like the pre-Freedom era), with routes for Rogue and Vigilante paths.

Something like: King's Row and Brickstown as primarily "Vigilante" area; Cap au Diable as a primarily "Rogues" or "Rogues and Vigilantes" area; Founder's Falls as a "Hero" zone; etc.

One of the things that I most loved about Praetoria (my favorite area) were the side switching and "going undercover" storylines, and I'd love to see more of that worked into the main story zones, too. I think that Kallisti Wharf was planned to do something similar, in that it was a co-op hero/villain zone, but I'm not sure.

(And I still would love, love, love to see a co-op hero/villain underground Oranbega zone)

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3172 on: July 06, 2014, 05:06:13 AM »
Sooo... about those things we're all looking forward to with a re-launch, then?

Power Pool customization, anyone? (Which we'd have gotten in i24)

FenrirEX

• Minion
« Reply #3173 on: July 06, 2014, 05:08:04 AM »

Sorcery Power Pool!  I wonder if we'll get that. :D

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3174 on: July 06, 2014, 05:09:33 AM »

I'm looking forward to that, new snipes, new tier 9 blast powers that have the awesome with the practicality.  To new power sets and content to play.  And working on my AE story archs again, that I never got finished.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3175 on: July 06, 2014, 05:16:05 AM »
I was never quite sure why people asked for level ups in Beta, at least in the post-Wentworth's era. With unlimited buying power, it was so easy to get all the IOs, XP boosts, and everything else you'd need, that leveling was even easier than ever there.

But if/when we do get CoX back, I hope they open immediately with i24, as there were so many very cool things in that issue that I think it would be a shame to postpone them till later, especially as (in post-Freedom CoX) there was a logical and cool story extension for the early Atlas Park/Habashy/Shining Stars arcs.

Speaking of, one of the ideas that came up on the old forums towards the end that I thought was really cool was to try and "re-task" some of the zones towards more story oriented paths. IE, rather than just have the one "origin" path from the post-Freedom era on the Villain and Hero sides, open them up a bit more to other routes (sort of like the pre-Freedom era), with routes for Rogue and Vigilante paths.

Something like: King's Row and Brickstown as primarily "Vigilante" area; Cap au Diable as a primarily "Rogues" or "Rogues and Vigilantes" area; Founder's Falls as a "Hero" zone; etc.

One of the things that I most loved about Praetoria (my favorite area) were the side switching and "going undercover" storylines, and I'd love to see more of that worked into the main story zones, too. I think that Kallisti Wharf was planned to do something similar, in that it was a co-op hero/villain zone, but I'm not sure.

(And I still would love, love, love to see a co-op hero/villain underground Oranbega zone)

Bricks is a pretty high level zone for a level 20 which is I believe when you can actually first go rouge or vigilante. Maybe IP instead. I was always in Faultline around then so I'm not sure which zone is the 20-25 range.

Can't wait to log in and find out!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3176 on: July 06, 2014, 05:18:28 AM »
I agree with you there, and perhaps yes, I did and still do see it as an attack on me and anyone who wouldn't want other players buying their characters against their will.  I believe in the team as well that they'll take the fair and just decision.  I was just deeply, deeply bothered by some things that were said.  Really glad Ohioknight mentioned he was joking here, but some people continue to have to try to be "right" even when they aren't even touching on the topic at hand and then saying my characters are not my characters which to me, is a very, very big attack on ME.

It's all good brother, we all have things we are sensitive about. But here we are all heroes (or villains) united in getting our City back, all enmities put aside.

It's the ultimate Co-Op zone and you can't target either faction.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #3177 on: July 06, 2014, 05:19:07 AM »
Oh for the love of...

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
I third the motion
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3178 on: July 06, 2014, 05:51:38 AM »
And I probably shouldn't even mention the anniversary badges :P

Starting from scratch, hmm.

I'd be pretty disappointed if I lost all my character data. I'd still play, but it would be a race to 50, as that's the part of the game I most enjoyed. And losing all my badges, I think I had around 1200 on my traps defender. Eight years of vet rewards and anniversary badges, never to be seen again! I'd be a sad panda, but I'd still play.

I had 10 - 50's, most of them min/maxed. 4 or 5 that had taken incarnates as far a possible. My traps defender had 10 or so of the lore pets. I'd still play.

I also had a solo SG. The largest plot available. Million and millions in prestige. It would take at least 5 years to get all that back solo. Max storage for enhancements (10 IIRC), everyone one them full of crafted goodies! Ya know what, I could grit my teeth on that one. I'd still play.

Yeah, Keys...... green.... D'oh!

Magisterium.... the really hard way.....

I doubt there'd be just a few people disappointed. We'll play even if it hurts!

I could have just taken the rest out, but I felt it better to leave it since some think I'm that opposed to starting over  ;) 
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3179 on: July 06, 2014, 06:04:49 AM »
<-- /ModeratorHat on

In the event that anyone wonders why there are a series of posts missing in this thread, all that really needs to be said is that the thread was reported and I was the first one to respond to it.  I didn't use a scalpel.  I used a surgical chainsaw.

If you don't know what disappeared, assume you didn't miss anything.

If I removed some of your posts and you're bothered by that, then you can be mad at me all you want as long as this thread stays on topic.

And with that, I return you to your regularly scheduled optimistic anticipation.

/ModeratorHat off
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov