Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7533741 times)

Phaerius

• Underling
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3120 on: July 05, 2014, 11:05:41 PM »
I24 would be sweet...that mutation armor.....*drool*

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3121 on: July 05, 2014, 11:07:01 PM »
We'll soon be aware of the reality of getting account data back or not.

Hopefully that won't be the deal breaker to getting the game back.  If we have to 'let that go' then 'let it go.'

But we don't know for certain yet.

Starting from scratch is much better than not having the game at all.  It would take me back in time to when I started the game.

It sounds like we're at the final hurdle and the classic '1 signature' away situation.

No harm in haggling for a bit more for your money.  Whether that materialises or not.

Hard to say.

But the fact that NC Soft are still listening sounds promising.

Sounds like we'll know for sure in another month-ish.

Can't wait for the outcome.

Suspense...

Azrael.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3122 on: July 05, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »

No kidding right?  Bio armor was effectively the staff fighting/duel pistols of defense sets, so adaptive, I was eager to try it out on a scrapper or brute.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3123 on: July 05, 2014, 11:12:02 PM »

Looking at what was in the pipeline for Issue 24/25 etc.  It seemed like there was a mountain of new power sets or power diversifications...along with the '5th power tiering' of the tertiary sets.

I don't think we'd seen that much in the way of new power sets in the pipeline since launch of CoH!

Eg. The Force of Will melee set sounded cool.  The beastial set...radiation melee set....etc, etc.

Issue 24 is a dream release.

I'd happily pay subs again plus use stipend or pay for new power sets at a reasonable price to help support the game.

They could release the new power sets as a 'Super Power' expansion pack with a decent price to bring in a dollop of investment money.

I payed for CoH, CoV, Going Rogue, The Mac version of CoH...

I have an unwavering belief the game is coming back.

Can't wait to re-roll the Dominator I had.  Elec/Elec with four pets...

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3124 on: July 05, 2014, 11:13:50 PM »
Personally, I don't care that much about losing old characters. It would be pretty lame to lose things like vet rewards, cash shop things, etc though.

I was ONE gold vet slot from getting Celestial armour!  Then Paragon pulled it from the vet store rewards!

One month away!  BAH!

Got to play with it in Icon though... :D

Azrael.

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #3125 on: July 05, 2014, 11:25:59 PM »

PLUS the Water Blast was I24, was it not? Plus I24 perfected Blasters (Nuke end crash, range bump, snipe fix, etc.)

It's not like I wouldn't play CoX if only I23 came back... but I24 is PRETTY important to me to get back, and AFAIK it had been nearly fully polished on test when everything went done.

But as everyone has said, let's get the game back first, -then- begin the call for I24. If I had to wait a few extra months for I24, I would in a heartbeat.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3126 on: July 05, 2014, 11:27:56 PM »
PLUS the Water Blast was I24, was it not? Plus I24 perfected Blasters (Nuke end crash, range bump, snipe fix, etc.)

It's not like I wouldn't play CoX if only I23 came back... but I24 is PRETTY important to me to get back, and AFAIK it had been nearly fully polished on test when everything went done.

But as everyone has said, let's get the game back first, -then- begin the call for I24. If I had to wait a few extra months for I24, I would in a heartbeat.

Water blast was Issue 23 but it had a practical nuke.  It was actually ahead of the other sets, the other sets were being changed more to be in line with water blast/archery.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Primus

• Underling
« Reply #3127 on: July 05, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »
What about the XML dumps made using the old Sentinel+ tool? I made sure to take a snapshot of my main toon just prior to shutdown, and the XML file has everything in it except for Vet Rewards. Might there be some sort of provision made for getting that data re-imported?

Yes, I have no real idea what this would entail. Just throwing it out there.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #3128 on: July 05, 2014, 11:36:20 PM »
Game will come back, but no account data, no AE, no Wentworth's, no temp powers and you can only run task forces once per character... and you have to run ALL the Hollows missions with no hospital function in the Hollows and you have to RUN all the way from Atlas Park hospital -- no wait, you have to run from CROATOA hospital to the subway to Atlas to Hollows

AND YOU'LL LIKE IT

;D
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #3129 on: July 05, 2014, 11:38:31 PM »
Game will come back, but no account data, no AE, no Wentworth's, no temp powers and you can only run task forces once per character... and you have to run ALL the Hollows missions with no hospital function in the Hollows and you have to RUN all the way from Atlas Park hospital -- no wait, you have to run from CROATOA hospital to the subway to Atlas to Hollows

AND YOU'LL LIKE IT

;D

INDEED I WILL!
:P

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3130 on: July 05, 2014, 11:56:05 PM »
So screw the base in the name of simplicity, great plan!  8)

Please understand - if/when the deal goes through - the new owners will not have screwed over ANYONE.

They are working with NCSoft to get as much back as possible. It won't be easy to unpack what NCSoft shutdown. The game at this stage is not on one DVD or even in one collected form that you can just load on a server and fire up. Some of the tools were custom made, account data is just about a - not going to happen at this stage, Character data is a maybe. The new group had nothing to do with how NCSoft shutdown the game or in how or what they retained.

Please also realize the group doing this is trying as hard as they can to get the game back. It maybe that Issue 24 is the farthest CoH1 will go because it may be faster and easier to make CoH2! There are many obstacles. We are still fighting and trying and that is all we can do. The pressure is very heavy and I KNOW they feel the deep responsibility to the Community. They will get the game back in the best possible form if it is possible.

If it was easy - why would you need Heroes?

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3131 on: July 06, 2014, 12:02:35 AM »
Excuse my ignorance..

But what is the difference between account data and character data ??

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #3132 on: July 06, 2014, 12:04:16 AM »
... account data is just about a - not going to happen at this stage, Character data is a maybe.

How could you get Character data without account data?  "Well, here's a bunch of characters... anybody want one?"

Actually a character auction would be kind-of awesome...
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3133 on: July 06, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »

I would love to have 8 years of my stuff back but I can't so be it. I would love to start at I 24 or I 23 from scratch . I really just want play.

Me too!
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3134 on: July 06, 2014, 12:12:35 AM »
Please understand - if/when the deal goes through - the new owners will not have screwed over ANYONE.

They are working with NCSoft to get as much back as possible. It won't be easy to unpack what NCSoft shutdown. The game at this stage is not on one DVD or even in one collected form that you can just load on a server and fire up. Some of the tools were custom made, account data is just about a - not going to happen at this stage, Character data is a maybe. The new group had nothing to do with how NCSoft shutdown the game or in how or what they retained.

Please also realize the group doing this is trying as hard as they can to get the game back. It maybe that Issue 24 is the farthest CoH1 will go because it may be faster and easier to make CoH2! There are many obstacles. We are still fighting and trying and that is all we can do. The pressure is very heavy and I KNOW they feel the deep responsibility to the Community. They will get the game back in the best possible form if it is possible.

I'm fine with whatever we can get. I'm human, I want whatever I can get, but be sure that the vast majority, including those who really want everything back, will be happy to have the game back.

Never think we aren't grateful (at least I am) because my gratitude is near boundless. If they or you are ever in Houston I'll be glad to put you up and feed you and offer the hospitality of my house.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3135 on: July 06, 2014, 12:15:51 AM »
Again I wouldnt jump to conclusions..

Character data might be the who and what of your character.. that might or might not be available..

Account Data might be.. what you bought or purchased over time or through the Paragon Market like costumes.. etc etc.. you veteran status.. etc etc..

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #3136 on: July 06, 2014, 12:20:54 AM »

Thanks, Ironwolf.

I'd just like the community to focus on possibilities rather than worst-case scenarios, since the worst-case scenario already happened when the game got shut down.  There are some resurrection scenarios that will make any given user more or less happy, but that's predictable.

I'm pretty sure all of us would be "more happy" with the game than without, and that's what I want the folks who are working so hard to get it back to know.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3137 on: July 06, 2014, 01:10:25 AM »
I am sorry - if I am not more complete. I just want you to understand this is not easy. The game will require some serious work just to get up and running again.

Account dat is all the finanacial accounts tied to credit cards and such. The issue becomes who is tied to what character data! It is a gordian knot and is going to require time to get things back and it may be an ongoing process of recovering the game parts piecemeal. I don't want everyone to think you can just load it and turn it on and it is like we never left.

I keep seeing the vet awards mentioned - once the game is back in our hands - then we can work out a viable strategy with the community. I opened a thread in another part of the forums on ways to do this fairly. I had every single vet reward and almost all of the extras - I will be happy to slowly work back while funding the future of the game through CoH2.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3138 on: July 06, 2014, 01:12:40 AM »
Its Stupid Question time:

To start the game as it was when it closed, would they have to buy the physical servers the game was loaded on?

Could all that data conceivably be stored somewhere else, and then NC used those servers for something else?

I have no idea how all this works.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3139 on: July 06, 2014, 01:19:35 AM »
I am sorry - if I am not more complete. I just want you to understand this is not easy. The game will require some serious work just to get up and running again.

Account dat is all the finanacial accounts tied to credit cards and such. The issue becomes who is tied to what character data! It is a gordian knot and is going to require time to get things back and it may be an ongoing process of recovering the game parts piecemeal. I don't want everyone to think you can just load it and turn it on and it is like we never left.

I keep seeing the vet awards mentioned - once the game is back in our hands - then we can work out a viable strategy with the community. I opened a thread in another part of the forums on ways to do this fairly. I had every single vet reward and almost all of the extras - I will be happy to slowly work back while funding the future of the game through CoH2.

This is what I keep saying.. its not going to be.. flip a switch and the game is back if/when the deal goes down...

Id rather they make like the SOS Band ( and you might have ZERO idea who that is ) and take their time and do it RIGHT...