Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7533750 times)

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3140 on: July 06, 2014, 01:22:43 AM »

I'm fine with whatever we can get. I'm human, I want whatever I can get, but be sure that the vast majority, including those who really want everything back, will be happy to have the game back.

Never think we aren't grateful (at least I am) because my gratitude is near boundless. If they or you are ever in Houston I'll be glad to put you up and feed you and offer the hospitality of my house.
Oh hey fellow Houstonian! I'm digging the rain this weekend!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3141 on: July 06, 2014, 01:25:51 AM »
Oh hey fellow Houstonian! I'm digging the rain this weekend!

We here in Albuquerque already got rain :).

Edit: No, don't talk of New Mexico and Texas relations, we don't need that here :).
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3142 on: July 06, 2014, 01:29:15 AM »

This is what I keep saying.. its not going to be.. flip a switch and the game is back if/when the deal goes down...

Id rather they make like the SOS Band ( and you might have ZERO idea who that is ) and take their time and do it RIGHT...

The issue becomes do you open the game and what if all the account data shows up a year later? It pretty much is going to likely be everyone is a scratch to start. Now - there maybe an Open Beta/Jump-start for players and they may get funded or level bumped or whatever. If you ever saw the test server they used to level bump on demand. If this happened for say 60 days?

Then if end game is what you want - you would have it - if playing the character ideas was what you wanted, then you don't ask for a bump!

I know with a great community like we have we can work through these small things if we can manage to restore the game.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3143 on: July 06, 2014, 01:33:41 AM »
The issue becomes do you open the game and what if all the account data shows up a year later? It pretty much is going to likely be everyone is a scratch to start. Now - there maybe an Open Beta/Jump-start for players and they may get funded or level bumped or whatever. If you ever saw the test server they used to level bump on demand. If this happened for say 60 days?

Then if end game is what you want - you would have it - if playing the character ideas was what you wanted, then you don't ask for a bump!

I know with a great community like we have we can work through these small things if we can manage to restore the game.

Aye, I understand ya there.  I'd be left pondering "did I spend money on the wrong account?" if our old accounts suddenly came back a year later.  It wouldn't be that pleasant a thought, even more-so since i'd be grabbing up the names I used as fast as possible whatever happens.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #3144 on: July 06, 2014, 01:34:37 AM »
You know, another benefit to starting over?  We could sell everything on the market for 1 influence so all of us could have whatever stuff we want.  What's the point ofmaking billions again if nothing is priced that high?  It'd be great, though unlikely.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3145 on: July 06, 2014, 01:37:27 AM »
You know, another benefit to starting over?  We could sell everything on the market for 1 influence so all of us could have whatever stuff we want.  What's the point ofmaking billions again if nothing is priced that high?  It'd be great, though unlikely.

The prices would go up but they wouldn't be in the hundreds of millions range.  Especialy since AE exploits would already be fixed, so it'd be far less likely to have that massive hyper inflation problem we had experienced due to AE exploit farmers.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3146 on: July 06, 2014, 01:38:56 AM »
Ironwolf:

Express my gratitude to the team who is trying to do this. I needed a bit of good news even if my hope is low.

I don't care if I have to start over. While I'd love to have all my vet rewards and purchased costume packs and my bases... I can relevel my characters. I can rebuild my bases. My SG has never split up.

But to do it we need the game. I'll take what we can get.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3147 on: July 06, 2014, 01:59:32 AM »

Again what needs to be clarified if/when it all goes through...

character data vs account data.. for myself.. and i know everyone is different.. the issue isnt the level..

Its the loss of IO's, Hami-O's and ATIO's that are the big things attached to losing the character..I can always play or PL back to 50.... being 50 isnt the issue..

For example its losing this build. This is the build LIVE at the time of Shutdown.. This is not some mock up build..

Softcapped to S/L, 1 second off Perma Hasten and 2 seconds off Perma Energize.. You know how hard it is to get to Perma Energize ???!!!!!!

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.96
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Bryan Fury: Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Super Strength
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Jab -- KntkC'bat-Acc/Dmg(A), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntkC'bat-Dmg/Rchg(13), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), HO:Nucle(48)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(3), LkGmblr-Def(3), LkGmblr-Rchg+(5)
Level 2: Punch -- KntkC'bat-Acc/Dmg(A), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx(5), KntkC'bat-Dmg/Rchg(7), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), HO:Nucle(19)
Level 4: Dampening Field -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam/Rchg(9), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), RctvArm-ResDam(39), S'fstPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 6: Haymaker -- KntkC'bat-Acc/Dmg(A), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx(17), KntkC'bat-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), HO:Nucle(34)
Level 8: Power Shield -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), LkGmblr-Def(11), LkGmblr-Rchg+(33)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A), Taunt-I(50)
Level 12: Knockout Blow -- C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg(A), C'ngImp-Dmg/EndRdx(13), C'ngImp-Dmg/Rchg(15), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam/Rchg(21), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), RctvArm-ResDam(45)
Level 18: Rage -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 20: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 26: Tough -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam(37), RctvArm-ResDam/Rchg(37), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 28: Energy Drain -- Efficacy-EndMod(A), Efficacy-EndMod/Rchg(31), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(42), Efficacy-Acc/Rchg(42), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc(43), Efficacy-EndMod/EndRdx(46)
Level 30: Weave -- LkGmblr-Def(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(31), LkGmblr-Rchg+(34), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 32: Foot Stomp -- SBrutesF-Acc/Dmg(A), SBrutesF-Dmg/Rchg(39), SBrutesF-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SBrutesF-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SBrutesF-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SBrutesF-Rech/Fury(48)
Level 35: Energize -- Dct'dW-Heal/EndRdx(A), Dct'dW-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Dct'dW-Heal/Rchg(36), Dct'dW-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Dct'dW-Heal(42), Dct'dW-Rchg(43)
Level 38: Superior Conditioning -- P'Shift-End%(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- P'Shift-End%(A)
Level 44: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 47: Overload -- HO:Membr(A), HO:Membr(48), HO:Membr(50), LkGmblr-Rchg+(50)
Level 49: Taunt -- Taunt-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrcl-Heal(A), Mrcl-Rcvry+(17), Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(21), RgnTis-Regen+(45), Numna-Heal(46), Heal-I(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(15), P'Shift-EndMod(19), P'Shift-End%(43)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Preemptive Total Radial Conversion
Level 50: Polar Lights Partial Radial Improved Ally
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Rebirth Partial Radial Invocation
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 23% Defense(Smashing)
  • 23% Defense(Lethal)
  • 3% Defense(Fire)
  • 3% Defense(Cold)
  • 6.75% Defense(Energy)
  • 6.75% Defense(Negative)
  • 3% Defense(Psionic)
  • 13% Defense(Melee)
  • 4.88% Defense(Ranged)
  • 3% Defense(AoE)
  • 4% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 34% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 62.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 5% SpeedFlying
  • 196.8 HP (13.13%) HitPoints
  • 5% JumpHeight
  • 5% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 13.75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 2.2%
  • 4% (0.07 End/sec) Recovery
  • 52% (3.25 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 2.52% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 2.52% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 1.26% Resistance(Fire)
  • 1.26% Resistance(Cold)
  • 1.26% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 1.26% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 5% SpeedRunning
  • 1 Null

You know how hard it was to get those Kinetic Combats. LoTG Plus recharge.. the Numina and Miracle + Recovery.. those Brute Fury IO's and the Catalysts to upgrade them ?? Those Membrane Exposures and Nucleous Exposure Hami-O's..

Thats why my issue isnt the level.. Its the stuff.. Thats a LOT of Hami Raids.. Thats a lot of influence spent.. Thats a lot of time marketeering...

Now imagine that across 40 Plus Builds.. thats why im hoping and praying character data is somehow recovered at some point..

Its why I would even be willing to pay a fee if necessary to make it happen..

AND I fully intend to make several new builds as well.. but I dont have the time I did as a player even two years ago.. much less 8 years ago..

Would I start from scratch if I had to.. of course.. Id rather play than NOT play... but do I want that data and those builds ?... HELL YEAH !!!!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3148 on: July 06, 2014, 02:00:59 AM »
If the game is bought, and eventually ready to role but with fewer servers (i.e. condensing the number of servers), what would be EXTREMELY helpful to roleplayers would be to designate from the start which server will be the "official RP server", so we can log right in and if need be recreate our characters on the correct server for us.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #3149 on: July 06, 2014, 02:15:32 AM »
[Paraphrase: I had lots of awesome expensive stuff, look at all my awesome expensive stuff!]
Dude, we get it.

I think every one of us had characters we were very sad to lose, and no one liked having all the time and effort they spent in the game thrown away.

No one wants to feel like their time is wasted, or worse yet worthless.

Guess what?  It wasn't!  You and I and everyone else had so much goddamn fun that we are still here talking about it years later in a thread dedicated to a chance of a revival of a now almost 12 year old game.

Trust me, we all get it.

That being said, I understand that you'd play even if your stuff got wiped, I'm pretty sure we all would.  But it'll suck more for some than others, of course.

At this point all we can do is hope.  Because, really that's all the control any of us have.  I prefer to look at the upsides of not getting our stuff back because the pessimistic/realistic side of me knows its a long shot.  I think we'd all benefit from that, especially the one upthreaf going all us vs. them about it and attack folks who disagree with her.

Remidi

• Minion
« Reply #3150 on: July 06, 2014, 02:23:09 AM »
Thanks for the info on account info vs. character info.  In that scenario, what I really want is the character data, assuming that also includes what my character was carrying at shutdown.  The money items have work-arounds.  For example, the new owners could just include all the costume parts that existed in the game, no matter the source, in the revamped game at the start.  Rather than resell us back the old stuff, dazzle us with new things to buy.  From what I have seen, I think the costume stuff is what people seem to care about most.  The other things can be hammered out.

Tyger42

• Boss
« Reply #3151 on: July 06, 2014, 02:26:32 AM »
Personally, I don't care that much about losing old characters. It would be pretty lame to lose things like vet rewards, cash shop things, etc though.

That's my concern: Not losing characters, losing stuff I bought and/or earned. Perhaps they can at least just unlock the cash shop power sets and such that were on the market up to the close date. Let people buy any new ones going forward. I don't wanna lose my paid content.

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #3152 on: July 06, 2014, 02:43:02 AM »
Seeing a MIDS build again for the first time in so long nearly brought me to tears.

I need this game back so badly.

Again what needs to be clarified if/when it all goes through...

character data vs account data.. for myself.. and i know everyone is different.. the issue isnt the level..

Its the loss of IO's, Hami-O's and ATIO's that are the big things attached to losing the character..I can always play or PL back to 50.... being 50 isnt the issue..

For example its losing this build. This is the build LIVE at the time of Shutdown.. This is not some mock up build..

Softcapped to S/L, 1 second off Perma Hasten and 2 seconds off Perma Energize.. You know how hard it is to get to Perma Energize ???!!!!!!

Villain Plan by Mids' Villain Designer 1.96
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Bryan Fury: Level 50 Mutation Brute
Primary Power Set: Super Strength
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Jab -- KntkC'bat-Acc/Dmg(A), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx(11), KntkC'bat-Dmg/Rchg(13), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), HO:Nucle(48)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(3), LkGmblr-Def(3), LkGmblr-Rchg+(5)
Level 2: Punch -- KntkC'bat-Acc/Dmg(A), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx(5), KntkC'bat-Dmg/Rchg(7), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), HO:Nucle(19)
Level 4: Dampening Field -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam/Rchg(9), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), RctvArm-ResDam(39), S'fstPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 6: Haymaker -- KntkC'bat-Acc/Dmg(A), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx(17), KntkC'bat-Dmg/Rchg(33), KntkC'bat-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), HO:Nucle(34)
Level 8: Power Shield -- LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(9), LkGmblr-Def(11), LkGmblr-Rchg+(33)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A), Taunt-I(50)
Level 12: Knockout Blow -- C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg(A), C'ngImp-Dmg/EndRdx(13), C'ngImp-Dmg/Rchg(15), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), C'ngImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LkGmblr-Rchg+(A)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam/Rchg(21), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), RctvArm-ResDam(45)
Level 18: Rage -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 20: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 22: Super Speed -- Run-I(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 26: Tough -- RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctvArm-ResDam(37), RctvArm-ResDam/Rchg(37), RctvArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 28: Energy Drain -- Efficacy-EndMod(A), Efficacy-EndMod/Rchg(31), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(42), Efficacy-Acc/Rchg(42), Efficacy-EndMod/Acc(43), Efficacy-EndMod/EndRdx(46)
Level 30: Weave -- LkGmblr-Def(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx(31), LkGmblr-Rchg+(34), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 32: Foot Stomp -- SBrutesF-Acc/Dmg(A), SBrutesF-Dmg/Rchg(39), SBrutesF-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SBrutesF-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SBrutesF-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SBrutesF-Rech/Fury(48)
Level 35: Energize -- Dct'dW-Heal/EndRdx(A), Dct'dW-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Dct'dW-Heal/Rchg(36), Dct'dW-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Dct'dW-Heal(42), Dct'dW-Rchg(43)
Level 38: Superior Conditioning -- P'Shift-End%(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- P'Shift-End%(A)
Level 44: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 47: Overload -- HO:Membr(A), HO:Membr(48), HO:Membr(50), LkGmblr-Rchg+(50)
Level 49: Taunt -- Taunt-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrcl-Heal(A), Mrcl-Rcvry+(17), Numna-Regen/Rcvry+(21), RgnTis-Regen+(45), Numna-Heal(46), Heal-I(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(15), P'Shift-EndMod(19), P'Shift-End%(43)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon
Level 50: Preemptive Total Radial Conversion
Level 50: Polar Lights Partial Radial Improved Ally
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment
Level 50: Rebirth Partial Radial Invocation
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 6.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 23% Defense(Smashing)
  • 23% Defense(Lethal)
  • 3% Defense(Fire)
  • 3% Defense(Cold)
  • 6.75% Defense(Energy)
  • 6.75% Defense(Negative)
  • 3% Defense(Psionic)
  • 13% Defense(Melee)
  • 4.88% Defense(Ranged)
  • 3% Defense(AoE)
  • 4% Enhancement(Heal)
  • 34% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 62.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 5% SpeedFlying
  • 196.8 HP (13.13%) HitPoints
  • 5% JumpHeight
  • 5% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 13.75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 2.2%
  • 4% (0.07 End/sec) Recovery
  • 52% (3.25 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 2.52% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 2.52% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 1.26% Resistance(Fire)
  • 1.26% Resistance(Cold)
  • 1.26% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 1.26% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 5% SpeedRunning
  • 1 Null

You know how hard it was to get those Kinetic Combats. LoTG Plus recharge.. the Numina and Miracle + Recovery.. those Brute Fury IO's and the Catalysts to upgrade them ?? Those Membrane Exposures and Nucleous Exposure Hami-O's..

Thats why my issue isnt the level.. Its the stuff.. Thats a LOT of Hami Raids.. Thats a lot of influence spent.. Thats a lot of time marketeering...

Now imagine that across 40 Plus Builds.. thats why im hoping and praying character data is somehow recovered at some point..

Its why I would even be willing to pay a fee if necessary to make it happen..

AND I fully intend to make several new builds as well.. but I dont have the time I did as a player even two years ago.. much less 8 years ago..

Would I start from scratch if I had to.. of course.. Id rather play than NOT play... but do I want that data and those builds ?... HELL YEAH !!!!

sindyr

• Boss
« Reply #3153 on: July 06, 2014, 02:45:04 AM »
No one wants to feel like their time is wasted, or worse yet worthless.

Guess what?  It wasn't!  You and I and everyone else had so much goddamn fun that we are still here talking about it years later in a thread dedicated to a chance of a revival of a now almost 12 year old game.

This is why I would start all over again and be happy. New journey aloft, even if old journeys are done.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #3154 on: July 06, 2014, 02:45:49 AM »
If the account data showed up a year later i'd go from having one account to potentially using three. One only had a year or so of vet rewards and was rarely used and the other one had almost every reward, pack and anniversary badge that was available. So if the old account data became available i'd probably switch back to my old primary account. In the meantime if the player account data isn't available at launch (or ever) i'll use whatever is, but at the least i want to be able to unlock all the perks and packs i used to have. Badges i can mostly reacquire anyway, and i wouldn't sweat the old anniversary badges too much since CoH would basically be reborn as a new game if the deal goes through.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3155 on: July 06, 2014, 02:58:08 AM »
 You know what.. Its not about having super expensive stuff.. sorry thats the impression you took from that.. but anyway... what I have been saying pretty consistently is that for me personally I am not the person I was ten years ago... my time and my energy that I invested into getting those things will not be available to me this time around if everything is successful. Ten years into a marriage now.. a four year old son now.. life has changed dramatically.. but again thats my issue...

So sorry if my post with super expensive stuff was taken the wrong way.. but Im done talking about it now.. because until there is an actual deal in place.. there really is nothing else to say about the matter and no matter what I think or feel it wont change the eventual outcome..

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3156 on: July 06, 2014, 02:59:22 AM »
Using Firefox's DownloadHelper, I've tried repeatedly to capture a copy of the beautiful "Unity" video, by Angelis Animi (it chokes me up so much that I'd love a copy of it, so  that I can watch it anywhere without Internet access). But it won't work, even though I've been able to get lots of videos from YouTube that way. My laptop said that it might be because third-party cookies were disabled, but enabling them didn't work (I haven't needed them at all before, either). Would anyone know what could be stopping it? Thanks for any help.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #3157 on: July 06, 2014, 03:03:00 AM »
I also tend to assume that all the AE content is trashed and will need to be rebuilt or built differently (assuming AE isn't some sub-system that will need its own restoration just to run in the first place, heck assuming WENTWORTH's isn't some sub-system that will need its own restoration)

I was never that into AE because it wasn't "real" -- I mean in game terms, your characters played in AE to train themselves but they weren't REALLY fighting evil you were just pretending that your characters were PRETENDING to fight evil
(DON'T YOU LAUGH AT ME!!!)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:41:27 AM by Ohioknight »
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3158 on: July 06, 2014, 03:04:51 AM »
I also tend to assume that all the AE content is trashed and will need to be rebuilt or built differently (assuming AE isn't some sub-system that will need its own restoration just to run in the first place, heck assuming WENTWORTH's isn't some sub-system that will need its own restoration)

I was never that into AE because it wasn't "real" -- I mean in game terms, your characters played in Wentworth's to train themselves but they weren't REALLY fighting evil you were just pretending that your characters were PRETENDING to fight evil
(DON'T YOU LAUGH AT ME!!!)

Well, people used the AE for roleplaying.  Way I see it, from a roleplaying perspective, anything done in farming/power leveling was stuff that never actually happened.  That includes AE.  If none of your fellow rpers are there, nothing happened.  If neither you nore your friends were in character, nothing happened, go figure.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #3159 on: July 06, 2014, 03:14:35 AM »
Losing access to your character names because someone with an ear on this thread decided to go trololol and claim them would be tragic.
Spess