Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7524352 times)

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #3000 on: July 04, 2014, 08:51:20 PM »
1. Regardless of whether or not COH comes back, I will still play the "successor games" if they make it to publication. If there's one thing the shutdown taught me, is that we need more options because no game can last forever, even with the best of intentions.
I would like the online gaming community to stop accepting this as a "truth".

No person who likes to play other types of games has to accept that.   If you love chess, you never have to constantly worry that you will be forced to stop playing the game you love.   

That facet of online gaming needs to change and I think it eventually will.   It will go the way of long distance charges on a telephone at some point.   Costumers only put up with that sort of thing for so long.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3001 on: July 04, 2014, 08:52:18 PM »
I always fancied making my own AE story arcs for all my alts.  I just never got around to it.

What I fancied doing (not sure if AE was up to it...) was to create a 1-50 'Sun Storm' PB style arc for my main alt.  And run the whole story for my 1-50 journey...
That sounds amazing.

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #3002 on: July 04, 2014, 08:53:27 PM »

No person who likes to play other types of games has to accept that.   If you love chess, you never have to constantly worry that you will be forced to stop playing the game you love.   

That facet of online gaming needs to change and I think it eventually will.   It will go the way of long distance charges on a telephone at some point.   Costumers only put up with that sort of thing for so long.

With the right type of studio/company set up, an online game can run indefinitely.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

kiario

• Boss
  • CoH Fanboy
« Reply #3003 on: July 04, 2014, 08:55:10 PM »
Now Reading this thread over the past few Days makes it hard to seperate Daily Life reality from the eventual come back of the City. Get a tingling feeling in the stomach everytime.
Feels like I am lost between reality and the city somewhere :)

Dr. Bad Guy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3004 on: July 04, 2014, 08:58:13 PM »
I don't normally involve myself too much into the conversation but I need to say this. To the fine teams working on COT and Valiance, please continue with what you are doing as I am and will be committed to playing your games as well as rebuilding my first loves in City.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3005 on: July 04, 2014, 09:01:32 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't meaning we should start broadcasting about it yet - but if the deal does go through,l then we'll all need to do as much as we can to help let the scattered community know what's going on.

If the deal goes through you wont be able to shut me up

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3006 on: July 04, 2014, 09:13:26 PM »
If the deal goes through you wont be able to shut me up

It'll be impossible for me to shut up to.  I'll actually have to do alot of rehearsing before I begin recording in however many months when the game comes back out.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3007 on: July 04, 2014, 09:21:21 PM »

I agree so much. What a great vid. I choke up at the end with the torches. *sigh*
Why is it ,I , a 44 year old Marine vet am moved to damn near tears by this vid?

Sullster

• Underling
« Reply #3008 on: July 04, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
After seeing this great update I managed to find this account I set up years ago when I was actually playing COX had to first gain access to my old email address and then finally get on here.

CoX was a big part of my life and I hope it can be again!!

Fingers crossed
The Original Suicidal Fire/Thermal Corruptor
Union Server

Blackstar5

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3009 on: July 04, 2014, 09:28:05 PM »
EDIT: I'm so sorry that this post is a huge wall of text... I just... Needed to let it out.
We understand how you feel, Some of us played from beta some a bit later and some near the end but in the end we all want it back.

steveharp

• Underling
« Reply #3010 on: July 04, 2014, 09:28:52 PM »
Great news!! I am so excited I cant take it.

All the good vibes of me and mine go to the people behind this purchase, good luck to you and I hope everything goes smoothly and quick.

My thoughts on the server discussion are no separate EU servers please. As someone who started on champion then migrated to defiant when EU opened then to Freedom I have played with just about every kind of player you can imagine and there is no big difference between the servers from my experience. I don't understand why more than one community can't exist on one server.

I know that step 1 is the be all and end all at the moment but I was thinking about PVP earlier and reminiscing about the old days and how much fun it was and how no MMO has been able to match the fun fast style of PVP in this game we  could now finally get that back. I hope and pray that they can fix it to something like pre I13.

Fingers crossed!
Defiant EU/Freedom

Illusion/Storm Controller: WindowLicker

Waiting patiently!

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #3011 on: July 04, 2014, 09:39:48 PM »
EDIT: I'm so sorry that this post is a huge wall of text... I just... Needed to let it out.

No apologies! That was a great story!
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #3012 on: July 04, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »

I don't know, costumers put up with hot lights and huge masks that make it hard to see and breathe, not to mention people who take flash photos while you are trying to walk on a stage with impaired vision  :P
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #3013 on: July 04, 2014, 10:17:14 PM »
So we are almost there?  ;D

We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #3014 on: July 04, 2014, 10:19:36 PM »
Why is it ,I , a 44 year old Marine vet am moved to damn near tears by this vid?
Because the things that matter to us will always spark real emotion. 

We all talk about CoX like it was the game that affected us, but it never was - it's what the game represented.

Heroic struggle.

Overcoming impossible odds.

Working together.

Forming bonds that matter in pursuit of a common goal.

Seems to me that a vet would be more affected by this than us civilians, since however many of us say, "We are heroes, this is what we do," all of that?

It's what folks like you actually did.

So, you know - thanks.  And happy Fourth. :)

Tyrannical

• Minion
« Reply #3015 on: July 04, 2014, 10:34:23 PM »
Would be so hilariously ironic if the deed for CoH was signed today, and liberated from the hands of NCSoft. It'd be a good 'Independence Day' of our own.

Odimodus

• Minion
« Reply #3016 on: July 04, 2014, 10:43:49 PM »
I was hoping that same thing. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up. Watching goodbye videos on youtube isn't helping.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3017 on: July 04, 2014, 10:47:48 PM »
I miss City.  I want my City back.

My first day on if the game comes back up?  Probably rebuild my old AE arcs.  Playing might have to be secondary compared to the time it takes to get Waddle the Penguin, American Hammer, New York Sickle, Tubbius, VIBRATE, Capon the Kung Fu Chicken, and the rest back online in the AE.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3018 on: July 04, 2014, 11:17:30 PM »
If we do get the game back up and running, I will make an extra effort to be more sociable with everyone and attend some of the CoX meet 'n greets this time around.

At least for a little while, anyway, before my antisocial tendencies take hold again.

But I will always be eternally grateful to everyone who has helped make it possible again.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #3019 on: July 04, 2014, 11:32:41 PM »
Assuming the game is purchased, I hope that the new devs allow for new characters to start with multiple arcs, the way it used to be. On hero side, you had TEN possible starting contacts, which got taken down to one. That was a bummer, and I think the variety was definitely a good thing.

PvP servers are a total waste of time as the PvP areas are all separate zones anyway.

That's my thinking. Unless the PvP was through the entire game, which is something I was thinking about. It might be cool to actually have incursions into Paragon / the Rogue Isles / Praetoria that aren't part of a specific mission or plot point.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame