Author Topic: well things got complex.  (Read 54642 times)

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
Re: well things got complex.
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2013, 05:38:44 PM »
You know what, both of our posts are breaking forum rules. I loathe misinformation too, but calling people out isn't our job, and this is like a three-car pileup. So, apologies for calling you out instead of sending a PM or notifying the Internet police or something. Or just posting a picture.

Well people, you know what they say. If you can't set a good example, then at least be a horrible warning. *Stands proudly*

Now see THAT I find entertaining ^_^

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »
Thank you :D

Now back to the topic at hand:

Josh U SO CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

zy

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »
yeah, quote frankly there is lot of "misinformation" floating around. For a lot that know about game building coding and ect. there seem to be lack of understanding sometimes between the basic difference between ownership and license.

A lot of the different information is no different than the information and validity between National Enquirer and Star.

Flow-Vector

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2013, 09:54:27 PM »
yeah, quote frankly there is lot of "misinformation" floating around. For a lot that know about game building coding and ect. there seem to be lack of understanding sometimes between the basic difference between ownership and license.

A lot of the different information is no different than the information and validity between National Enquirer and Star.

I guess NCsoft is kind of like a shotgun in that respect. They pulled the trigger on November 30th, 2012. Buck shot bird shot or slug shot, the ammo sent a spray that apparently hit a few places :)

The hits being the community searching for information.
"It is said that irony is the true guiding hand of fate, and what we call destiny is the cruel humor playing out its joke on the world."

I just love this quote from Sirocco.

Profile picture is Flow- my Kin/Regen scrapper from freedom and beta

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »
I guess NCsoft is kind of like a shotgun in that respect. They pulled the trigger on November 30th, 2012. Buck shot bird shot or slug shot, the ammo sent a spray that apparently hit a few places :)

The hits being the community searching for information.
yeah.

Iron-Emerald

• Minion
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2013, 01:27:02 AM »
I just want to say that I think it's a pretty dubious standard to consider Joshex's initial post fine while suggesting Kyriani is being the 'Internet Gestapo' for raising doubt about his claims. Now maybe Joshex is correct in his conspiracy theories, but as far as I'm concerned the most likely options are either:
1 - He actually believes these conspiracy theories and tends to over think things to try and fit a conspiracy.
2 - He doesn't believe these things and finds it amusing to muck about with the community.

If 1 is true then I think it's better for Joshex to point out that a lot of these theories really aren't the most likely or realistic thing. Just sitting back and laughing quietly doesn't seem to be a terribly helpful reaction.
If 2 is true then that's pretty cruel given how many people are keen to latch on to any shred of hope about the game. I don't think encouraging others to be led up those rabbitholes is terribly worthwhile even if Joshex is being satirical.

Especially when these things come on the Titan forums I think injecting the occasional dose of skepticism is for the best. I saw the thread a while back where Joshex was talking about people needing to keep their game discs and suggesting that as a way to get their game back. And there were people there taking it as an exciting thing and linking their hope to things Titan has done already.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2013, 01:36:42 AM »
I saw the thread a while back where Joshex was talking about people needing to keep their game discs and suggesting that as a way to get their game back. And there were people there taking it as an exciting thing and linking their hope to things Titan has done already.

Wait.  So it's NOT incredibly important for me to keep my original purchased game box for secret reasons that will be revealed at some future time?

Damn. I just found mine a few days ago.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2013, 01:46:23 AM »
I just want to say that I think it's a pretty dubious standard to consider Joshex's initial post fine while suggesting Kyriani is being the 'Internet Gestapo' for raising doubt about his claims. Now maybe Joshex is correct in his conspiracy theories, but as far as I'm concerned the most likely options are either:
1 - He actually believes these conspiracy theories and tends to over think things to try and fit a conspiracy.
2 - He doesn't believe these things and finds it amusing to muck about with the community.

If 1 is true then I think it's better for Joshex to point out that a lot of these theories really aren't the most likely or realistic thing. Just sitting back and laughing quietly doesn't seem to be a terribly helpful reaction.
If 2 is true then that's pretty cruel given how many people are keen to latch on to any shred of hope about the game. I don't think encouraging others to be led up those rabbitholes is terribly worthwhile even if Joshex is being satirical.

Especially when these things come on the Titan forums I think injecting the occasional dose of skepticism is for the best. I saw the thread a while back where Joshex was talking about people needing to keep their game discs and suggesting that as a way to get their game back. And there were people there taking it as an exciting thing and linking their hope to things Titan has done already.

The thing is that I find a double standard is that things like Joshex is questioned while other things some with even less evidence than Joshex is taken without question. It looks like a matter of not what is said, but who says it. I bet if TonyV said things like Joshex, and no offense to Tony, many of his posts have had even less evidence than Joshex and not a single person questioned the validity and if he said what Joshex said I bet not a single person again would question it.

I think it's odd to have a standard that Joshex must show evidence and validity or else passed off as conspiracy while anything that is designed to make NCSOFT look bad or whip up anger towards then is automatically taken without question as truth.

The way I see what Joshex said is as likely to be true as the other "down with NCSOFT" and they did it with malicious intent stuff that have been said without questioning and challenge as both do not provide must evidence and seem to be based off of whipped up conspiracy. Just that one type is accepted and the other for some reason is questioned.

And while "oh don't want people linking their hope to stuff like that." well the other stuff so far ain't exactly worked out like the linking of hope that some major corporation is just going to jump on our side, and save the day. Twice. And from the looks of it, and evidence or lack of that entire thing could have been a big hoax judging by the evidence they can provide which is even less than the info that Joshex present most of the time.

so yeah in a way, jumping on one theory but totally ignore and don't challenge the other theory or taking the other theory as fact with equal or even less evidence is in a way playing "Internet Gestapo"

Like people from the get go been saying a lot of this stuff is small chance of succeeding. But then, guess what they got flamed, called being defeatist, told to leave, accused of not supporting the cause. Then later when Tony V say the same thing, that it's small chance, they praise him up and down and call it "being realistic." When not long ago, it was called being defeatist. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 01:56:53 AM by JaguarX »

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2013, 02:01:48 AM »
The thing is that I find a double standard is that things like Joshex is questioned while other things some with even less evidence than Joshex is taken without question. It looks like a matter of not what is said, but who says it. I bet if TonyV said things like Joshex, and no offense to Tony, many of his posts have had even less evidence than Joshex and not a single person questioned the validity and if he said what Joshex said I bet not a single person again would question it.

I think it's odd to have a standard that Joshex must show evidence and validity or else passed off as conspiracy while anything that is designed to make NCSOFT look bad or whip up anger towards then is automatically taken without question as truth.

The way I see what Joshex said is as likely to be true as the other "down with NCSOFT" and they did it with malicious intent stuff that have been said without questioning and challenge as both do not provide must evidence and seem to be based off of whipped up conspiracy. Just that one type is accepted and the other for some reason is questioned.

And while "oh don't want people linking their hope to stuff like that." well the other stuff so far ain't exactly worked out like the linking of hope that some major corporation is just going to jump on our side, and save the day. Twice. And from the looks of it, and evidence or lack of that entire thing could have been a big hoax judging by the evidence they can provide which is even less than the info that Joshex present most of the time.

so yeah in a way, jumping on one theory but totally ignore and don't challenge the other theory or taking the other theory as fact with equal or even less evidence is in a way playing "Internet Gestapo"
Being that I know Tony going on six years now (through the wiki, through Titan, and eventually through Facebook), and he has a history of not just saying random pancake and then not following through with it, I *do* (and everyone should) give him a huge amount of leeway. He never spouts off conspiracy theories (unless it's very obvious he's joking).

Joshex has a HISTORY here at Titan of wacko conspiracy theories, like tinfoil hat kind. He also has a history of saying things and then whatever he was saying goes the way of the dodo and is never updated (aforementioned "save your discs, I'm not telling why, teehee, something important") Like, and I mean this literally, almost from the day he joined.

Other people? For sure if I read the thread and there's unfounded stuff being spouted, I will *and have* stepped in to reign in things and make sure people know what's known and what's just "saying stuff". However, if I don't read the thread I can't make any statements, so if you think something needs to be said to someone, report it. If you think something's getting out of hand, report it. If you think something doesn't belong here, or needs to be moved, or needs to be edited, report it. That's why we've got that button.

BTW, I have REPEATEDLY deleted/locked/edited "down with NCSOFT" threads and posts because we have specific places for that kind of thing. And if it is too vitriolic, it's simply deleted or locked. Don't act like it doesn't happen, because I know for a fact it does - *I* am the one doing it! (And Eabrace, Tony, et al.)

EDIT: Also, please don't get me wrong when I tell you to stuff a big one in it regarding TFHM; VV, Rae, etc.'s efforts in that is and always will be more than any of you (including me) have ever done. I can pretty much guarantee it.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2013, 02:50:22 AM »
Being that I know Tony going on six years now (through the wiki, through Titan, and eventually through Facebook), and he has a history of not just saying random pancake and then not following through with it, I *do* (and everyone should) give him a huge amount of leeway. He never spouts off conspiracy theories (unless it's very obvious he's joking).

Joshex has a HISTORY here at Titan of wacko conspiracy theories, like tinfoil hat kind. He also has a history of saying things and then whatever he was saying goes the way of the dodo and is never updated (aforementioned "save your discs, I'm not telling why, teehee, something important") Like, and I mean this literally, almost from the day he joined.

Other people? For sure if I read the thread and there's unfounded stuff being spouted, I will *and have* stepped in to reign in things and make sure people know what's known and what's just "saying stuff". However, if I don't read the thread I can't make any statements, so if you think something needs to be said to someone, report it. If you think something's getting out of hand, report it. If you think something doesn't belong here, or needs to be moved, or needs to be edited, report it. That's why we've got that button.

BTW, I have REPEATEDLY deleted/locked/edited "down with NCSOFT" threads and posts because we have specific places for that kind of thing. And if it is too vitriolic, it's simply deleted or locked. Don't act like it doesn't happen, because I know for a fact it does - *I* am the one doing it! (And Eabrace, Tony, et al.)

EDIT: Also, please don't get me wrong when I tell you to stuff a big one in it regarding TFHM; VV, Rae, etc.'s efforts in that is and always will be more than any of you (including me) have ever done. I can pretty much guarantee it.

yeah I seen you edited but I guess I chose the wrong words. For example, not many people if any question when someone say, "NCSOFT shut down the game because they want to be evil corporation". None that I seen even asked so much for evidence. But when someone say, "it was a business decision, then they are expected to pull just about every financial report and get grilled for evidence supporting it. yes, there is a place for "down with NCSOFT", but is there a place "For NCSOFT"?

And that is what I'm getting at. You know Tony, but not everyone do. Thus only thing many people know of tony and the rest is what they post on here. And even still, the extra leeway, thing, sure, but still if evidence is required for one, it should be required for the other otherwise it is a double standard.

With TFHM, and don't get me wrong, I use Tony as example because I like Tony that way no one can accuse me of pointing someone out merely because I don't like them. TFHM, if over all, from what they can and or have evidence wise of their efforts is basically hear say and lacking. Yet it don't get questioned. Yet, if someone else say something that have the same or in some cases more evidence but still lacking, then it's a problem. Double standard.

Yes some people know them personally, just as someone probably know Joshex personally.

For example if I madea post saying "I called NCSOFT and they said they have no plans for the IP at all." I can all but guarantee not many people would question it and run with it as truth without a sliver of evidence. Because that is what many already want to believe.

But if I said with same amount of evidence "I called NCSOFT and they said they might sell but have plans for the future." I bet I probably get questioned up and down and probably no evidence would be good enough until I drag the CEO here and force him to confess and or have video of the convo. Because that is what many do not want to believe. Which begs the question of why would evidence be required for one but not the other?

And as I said, a lot have to do with not what is said but many times who is saying it. As you said yourself, you give Tony more leeway. I'm not saying it's bad it's is what it is. And thus it is. A lot of stuff Tony said 90% of it isn't anything new. People been saying it since the announcement but the reaction have been night and day.

NCSOFT as some evil corporation or evidence that they just want to hold onto the IP out of spite or just to be evil, or they have no plan for the IP, all have been suggested without evidence and mostly been allowed without questioning of the validity. To me those things are just as much as a conspiracy as much as anything Joshex have said. Yet he get labeled with tinfoil hat while the other things are  ran with as either true or great possible truth without question and those that do question it, is looked at as if they are not supporting the cause or in bed with NCSOFT. Although you and your team have been keeping it even level.   
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:59:59 AM by JaguarX »

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2013, 03:18:43 AM »
I can't speak for anyone else here, but whether I believe in what someone posts is not based on what they are claiming in a given thread but, rather, on their history of posts over time.  I don't know anyone else on this forum personally (at least, not as far as I'm aware), but I have built up assessments of the trustworthiness of individuals based on how logical and well thought out their points are, as well as whether their posts tend to stir the hornets' nest or try to calm it.  Tony is always, ALWAYS calm and rational, giving specific facts when he can and explaining why when he can't share some information.  He also has a long history of supporting the game through Titan Network, the activities of which have given him more insight into the background of CoX than most people here have.  I have never once seen him say anything irrational or incendiary on these forums, and I trust him implicitly.  On the other hand, there are other people whose posts I generally skip, because they consistently make wild claims with no evidence or seem to want primarily to just draw attention to themselves.  I always start everyone off at neutral and let their own words form my opinion of them.  Whether they are for or against NCSoft never comes into the picture.

Kyriani

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2013, 03:29:14 AM »
It's not so much a matter of who as it is who is posting such conspiracy theories REPEATEDLY.

If I see an odd post here or there that's out in left field I tend to ignore it. I am sure others do as well. We grin and move on. But when people keep seeing the SAME PERSON posting the SAME NONSENSE over and over, it can start to become grating.

We all want COH back so very badly. It HURTS to have those heartstrings tugged with false hope. Hell it hurts just waiting for some word on any private server project.

I honestly think Joshex might believe his posts. He comes across as overly enthusiastic and young. I've been that person before so I've mostly ignored his posts until this one. If he's actually just someone trolling us to see how many he can dupe into believing his nonsense, I'd feel less inclined to hold my tongue -_-

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2013, 03:32:03 AM »
Perhaps it's the simple fact that ultimately, Tony runs this server and not anyone else.  (PR Rep crawls out: "That's wrong, Tahq, Titan Network is for ev-" Yeah I know.)  He speaks, we tend to listen, which means Tony has to be VERY careful about what he says, IF he says anything at all.  We're all a little quiet these days.

All things being equal, of course, I have no idea what qualification Joshex has to say what he does.  Probably just as much as if I have said it, and I'd expect the same response from all of you.  (Generally, FUD and GTFO-Bai.) 

I don't feel it's fair though to call it a double standard.  For that to be true, there has to be a defining factor among the groups occupying both sides... "Site Owners" vs. "Everyone else" isn't a double standard, because that last group has nothing in common to be described.  (COH players?  Last I checked anyone can still make an account on Titan Network, and there's no way anymore to validate any of us played in the past.)

Matt Miller said it best, and he's as much of an expert on the shutdown as any of us: There are many answers to this, but in the end, NCsoft simply no longer wanted to run Paragon Studios for reasons that may never be completely understood by any single person. (http://www.onrpg.com/articles/metas-verse-interview-with-melissa-bianco-and-matt-miller-on-city-of-heroes/)  Tin hats and jack-assery aside, that's the only answer we're going to ever get.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:44:05 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 03:45:24 AM »

Matt Miller said it best, and he's as much of an expert on the shutdown as any of us: There are many answers to this, but in the end, NCsoft simply no longer wanted to run Paragon Studios for reasons that may never be completely understood by any single person. (http://www.onrpg.com/articles/metas-verse-interview-with-melissa-bianco-and-matt-miller-on-city-of-heroes/)  Tin hats and jack-assery aside, that's the only answer we're going to ever get.

Exactly.

Which is why I'm simply curious of why are reasons like NCSOFT did it to be mean, or they are evil, and etc is taken as truth and unquestioned, but when others reasons for shut down is posted it's questioned and need evidence and considered tin foil hat.

Just observation.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 04:03:42 AM »
Wonder all you want.  Just know that any revelations past what we already know aren't coming from here.  It'll be out of these forums.

Go hunt.  Let us know what you find.*

* Share links if you find something.  Blogs, Comments from the public, "Dude With a Website" type pages, and one-person companies don't qualify as "Sources."  Joshex didn't violate any of that, but can't prove anything he says is true either. (Unwilling or unable, also anyone's guess.  Both lead to the same outcome.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:20:45 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Iron-Emerald

• Minion
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 04:20:02 AM »
Exactly.

Which is why I'm simply curious of why are reasons like NCSOFT did it to be mean, or they are evil, and etc is taken as truth and unquestioned, but when others reasons for shut down is posted it's questioned and need evidence and considered tin foil hat.

Just observation.
That's not really relevant to this discussion is it though? If you think that people elsewhere have made claims about the shutdown that were wrong or overly critical of NCSoft then you're welcome to address those points. Personally I don't like how the shutdown was handled for a variety of reasons, but I'm sure they had reasons that at least made sense to them in house.

But having at some point seen comments you disagreed with go unchallenged isn't itself a reason to complain when other people do challenge Joshex's reasoning. And for the record I see plenty of people debating the exact reasons why NCSoft shut down City of Heroes and exactly how 'evil' they were for doing so. I just don't think the reasoning that Joshex used here seems plausible.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2013, 04:31:31 AM »
That's not really relevant to this discussion is it though? If you think that people elsewhere have made claims about the shutdown that were wrong or overly critical of NCSoft then you're welcome to address those points. Personally I don't like how the shutdown was handled for a variety of reasons, but I'm sure they had reasons that at least made sense to them in house.

But having at some point seen comments you disagreed with go unchallenged isn't itself a reason to complain when other people do challenge Joshex's reasoning. And for the record I see plenty of people debating the exact reasons why NCSoft shut down City of Heroes and exactly how 'evil' they were for doing so. I just don't think the reasoning that Joshex used here seems plausible.

I'm not complaining. Just stating observations.

And who said I disagreed with those comments that went unchallenged? I said no such thing. Don't put words in my mouth.

And I think it's relevant to why is one view or one person's statement without lack of evidence is allowed but statements that enhance or go along with negative view of NCSOFT is allowed without challenge.

Which also leads to the question of outside what NCSOFT and Matt said, what is it that we do know about the situation?

And how is all this relevant? Because overall, we have not the slightest clue about it outside what NCSOFT said about it in relevant to their reason and thus, any reason that have been stated outside of what was released to the public by them is as much of a conspiracy theory as anything Joshex said, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise. Thus why should one get more flack more than the next guy? That questioned mostly been answered in why. But it does not erase the fact that it happens. Not saying it's good or bad or what not. Just an observation. Nothing more nothing less.   

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2013, 04:57:42 AM »
I made a joke but then read the whole page here and reconsidered. Some good points here that are worth reading seriously.

So instead of a bad joke, have some pie instead.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:06:26 AM by Captain Electric »

Iron-Emerald

• Minion
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2013, 05:30:19 AM »
I'm not complaining. Just stating observations.

And who said I disagreed with those comments that went unchallenged? I said no such thing. Don't put words in my mouth.

And I think it's relevant to why is one view or one person's statement without lack of evidence is allowed but statements that enhance or go along with negative view of NCSOFT is allowed without challenge.

Which also leads to the question of outside what NCSOFT and Matt said, what is it that we do know about the situation?

And how is all this relevant? Because overall, we have not the slightest clue about it outside what NCSOFT said about it in relevant to their reason and thus, any reason that have been stated outside of what was released to the public by them is as much of a conspiracy theory as anything Joshex said, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise. Thus why should one get more flack more than the next guy? That questioned mostly been answered in why. But it does not erase the fact that it happens. Not saying it's good or bad or what not. Just an observation. Nothing more nothing less.
I personally consider saying that people are operating under a double standard to be a complaint. If you're going to say people are operating under a double standard then I think it's fair to articulate just what that is. And if you didn't disagree about the comments that went unchallenged then I'm not really sure what the argument is. People are going to agree with well founded opinions and disagree with opinions that are not, that isn't a double standard in itself.

That said I don't see any double standard here. Simply agreeing with Tony's interpretation (or anyone else) and disagreeing with Joshex isn't a double standard. You're making an assumption that people are merely taking any statements from either party on faith which is a rather uncharitable view I think. All this indicates is that people believe that speculation from others has been more well founded than the speculation that they've seen from Joshex. That isn't anything to do with positive or negative views of NCSoft, it's to do with people evaluating information and coming to their own conclusions.

Well-founded speculation about something is not a conspiracy theory. It's not a conspiracy theory to form a view of something that you do not personally have full knowledge of. Certainly some people take rabid dislike of NCSoft too far and I certainly agree with that. But I don't think that anybody here has disagreed with Joshex simply because he's saying NCSoft may not have been at fault. The disagreement is because of how that conclusion was reached.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2013, 06:32:29 AM »
I personally consider saying that people are operating under a double standard to be a complaint. If you're going to say people are operating under a double standard then I think it's fair to articulate just what that is. And if you didn't disagree about the comments that went unchallenged then I'm not really sure what the argument is. People are going to agree with well founded opinions and disagree with opinions that are not, that isn't a double standard in itself.

That said I don't see any double standard here. Simply agreeing with Tony's interpretation (or anyone else) and disagreeing with Joshex isn't a double standard. You're making an assumption that people are merely taking any statements from either party on faith which is a rather uncharitable view I think. All this indicates is that people believe that speculation from others has been more well founded than the speculation that they've seen from Joshex. That isn't anything to do with positive or negative views of NCSoft, it's to do with people evaluating information and coming to their own conclusions.

Well-founded speculation about something is not a conspiracy theory. It's not a conspiracy theory to form a view of something that you do not personally have full knowledge of. Certainly some people take rabid dislike of NCSoft too far and I certainly agree with that. But I don't think that anybody here has disagreed with Joshex simply because he's saying NCSoft may not have been at fault. The disagreement is because of how that conclusion was reached.
*sigh* not every thing is an argument.

"People are going to agree with well founded opinions and disagree with opinions that are not"

Ideally yes. But with all the reasons out there, mostly in the negative view of NCSOFT that seem to get the most agreement and taken as truth, are they actually well founded? Then again maybe it's the threshold of what is considered well founded that is different. There are people that say NCSOFT is planning on sitting on the IP like a vulture. I don't recall many posts challenging that even though there is no evidence that said NCSOFT plans on doing such a thing.
 Or many say that NCSOFT saying they couldn't find a suitable buyer is false. But how do they know? Yet, they didn't get much challenge. But someone suggest that they may not be able to sale due to marvel lawsuit, it's an empty conspiracy. When in reality, none of the mentioned have any evidence to show their respective point and the prior two, it wasn't even asked for them to show any sort of evidence that they are not just creating conspiracy. It may not be double standard but it sure as hell isn't the same standard. 

Things that reinforce their idea is more likely to be taken up as truth while those that don't will be challenged.