Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 202775 times)

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #940 on: June 09, 2013, 03:48:26 PM »
I always thought that was one of the cleverest graphical "tricks" in the game, and it was nice the way they kept it even after adding reflective textures in I18.

They removed true reflective surfaces shortly after attempting them in Ultra Mode in favor of pseudo-reflections with cube maps. True reflections was too flop intensive.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #941 on: June 09, 2013, 03:56:15 PM »
I don't know how you plaid a Taxibot.
Step one- Render Arbi Fab unconscious to prevent interference...

RockLeeXIII

• Minion
« Reply #942 on: June 09, 2013, 05:53:51 PM »
 :) Thank you :)

i'm speechless :) being able to fly thru the city again really makes me happy :)

I look forward to more releases :)

Wyrm

• Stop Dragon My Heart Around
  • Boss
« Reply #943 on: June 09, 2013, 11:00:23 PM »
I didn't stop grinning from the moment the "Loading" bar appeared mid-screen.  Weird as this may sound, my favorite moment was hearing the CC music again.  Everything else was just gravy; when I heard the music, I had something important back.

Thank you.  I don't know why I waited so long to dl this.

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #944 on: June 10, 2013, 01:07:16 AM »
Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay; I sleep all night and I work all day...

....and hangs around in bars? Eeeeurgh!

Fyyar

• Underling
« Reply #945 on: June 10, 2013, 08:21:49 AM »
Thanks for this - Just made me realized how much  I have missed CoH. Flying through Steel Canyon and Kings Row...  good memories :)

Draeth Darkstar

• Underling
« Reply #946 on: June 10, 2013, 09:03:39 AM »
Is it possible to make spawned NPCs fly and/or appear with VFX from powers on them (specifically, toggle powers)?

Also, is it possible to make your avatar appear with toggle VFX?

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #947 on: June 10, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »
Not currently. If you want to do that, you should look into demo editing instead.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #948 on: June 10, 2013, 11:11:41 AM »
Just a FYI Data Point: The Wikified version of the Titan Icon announcement which includes all the pertinent links has had over 560 hits. The page was created just a week ago.

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #949 on: June 10, 2013, 06:02:03 PM »
Just a FYI Data Point: The Wikified version of the Titan Icon announcement which includes all the pertinent links has had over 560 hits. The page was created just a week ago.

This is awesome..Thanks!!!

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #950 on: June 10, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »
OK, so I get to character select screen and it shuts down at first click or if I minimize my CoH program folder....any ideas?  I am updated to i23.  I'm not stupid, just dumb and it's been a long day.....Thanks all.

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
« Reply #951 on: June 10, 2013, 10:00:11 PM »
Agreed. that is awesome. :)

Another feature of this I'd like to see is to be able to save progress on maps, or be able to create/edit new ones. Like many others, I'm guilty of trying to repopulate maps with citizens and the like ;D

*edit: Naturally, I find Leandro's thread about how to create maps not ten minutes later... of course that still doesn't invalidate my wish to have something a little less... complicated*

I don't know how hard that would be though, nor do I think I'd want to potentially break any of the actual game assets (the original mapsets) to do it; like have us be able to save them as separate load files or something. I think it might be fun to be able to set up and populate maps, and maybe even share them with each other, like artistic scenes and stuff.

Also, I know the system had to be fidgeted with to simulate Fly. Is there a way to simulate Sprint or Combat Jump as well? I've been skiing a lot too, and noticed that it's a bit trickier without them.

I don't know what the limits of what Icon can do, and I don't want to take away from other related projects that may or may not exist in parallel to Icon. Frankly, it's just nice to be able to run around "my city" again all the same.

Lyc~
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:11:19 PM by Lycantropus »

malonkey1

• Elite Boss
  • A person who does stuff.
« Reply #952 on: June 10, 2013, 10:11:03 PM »
OK, so I get to character select screen and it shuts down at first click or if I minimize my CoH program folder....any ideas?  I am updated to i23.  I'm not stupid, just dumb and it's been a long day.....Thanks all.

You'll want to upgrade to I24 (Linky!). That should smooth out the glitches a bit.
BadWolf: "The point that JaguarX is trying to make, of course, is that City of Heroes is like a tree. And Google is like a Toyota...Corolla...? Which would make NCSoft a trespasser, shot by...um, Mister T...which is good, because diplomacy...?"

The internet is full of Comedy Gold.

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #953 on: June 10, 2013, 10:24:33 PM »
Ok..gonna upgrade then for the win.  Thanks malonkey1  :)

Donathius

• Underling
« Reply #954 on: June 10, 2013, 11:02:48 PM »
For your consideration I present Lord Recluse

Cyclone Jack

• Underling
« Reply #955 on: June 10, 2013, 11:42:25 PM »
This is amazing!  Thank you for all the time you have put into this.  Just having the costume creator is fantastic, but to be able to fun (and fly) around the city, even if it is empty, scratches that itch.  Now to figure out where the costumes are saved to. :)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #956 on: June 11, 2013, 06:55:26 AM »
Titan Icon 1.7
What's this I hear about a party in Firebase Zulu?

Download!

Release Notes:
  • Icon now displays a message with its version number when first entering a map, to help you be sure that you're running the version you intend to.

• Some of the residents of Paragon City thought that empty zones were boring, and decided to come hang out. This includes contacts, trainers, and any npc that's a "Persistent" NPC -- one that is hardcoded in the map data to always be present and not spawned conditionally by the server. If you want to return to the ghost town, you can use:

• New command: /clear_npc
    Wipes all NPCs off the face of the map.

• Known Issue: Some NPCs display a P-string for a name instead of their actual name. Unfortunately, the localized names for some of the NPCs are not present in the client files, as this is information that is normally sent by the server. If your favorite NPC is affected by this, feel free to use:

• New command: /rename Name
    Changes the name of the targeted entity to what you specify after the command. May optionally be enclosed in quotes, but not required. If you don't have an NPC targeted, changes your own name.

• New command: /load_costume Filename
    By popular demand, this command loads a costume from a .costume file. The file should be located in the "costumes" subfolder of your COH install -- this is the same one that is used for loading or saving costumes from the character creator. You should not include the .costume extension in the name, just use the name of the character that the costume was saved for.

If you are targeting an NPC when you use this command, it will load the costume onto that target instead of yourself.

• New command: /be_npc NPC_Name
    Ever wanted to know what it was like to be the Avatar of Hamidon? Type "/benpc Avatar_Hamidon" and find out! This takes the same type of NPC costume specification as the /spawn_npc command -- see the wiki page for links to a full list.

You can also use this command while targeting an NPC to turn it into a different NPC.

• Along with persistent NPCs, Icon now spawns all the doors that are referenced by zone maps. They are non-functional, but look better than empty spaces where they should be.

• Fixed the /spawn_npc command to prevent a buffer overflow that could possibly crash the client if very long names are used.

• Icon now includes the patch that allows the game client to load any files as overrides from data/. This should make loading custom maps, geobins, and other mods easier in the future.

• New command: /access_level Number
    This command changes your client access level. Cheater.

The default access level is 0. Higher access levels unlock many, many developer and debugging commands, which are outside the scope of this post. There are no commands that require higher than access level 9.

Caution! These commands are intended for developer use, and many are not user-friendly. Several of them will crash your game client. Proceed at your own risk.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #957 on: June 11, 2013, 07:28:40 AM »
There went any productive work tomorrow...

Twi

• Connoisseur of Fine Imports
  • Lieutenant
  • Defender
« Reply #958 on: June 11, 2013, 07:34:34 AM »
Work is for losers, anywho.
I am a defender and so can you.

MisterMagpie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #959 on: June 11, 2013, 09:38:56 AM »