Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 202765 times)

angelo.pampalone

• Underling
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #980 on: June 11, 2013, 09:12:37 PM »
To showcase this, I've prepared a zip file. Add its contents to the data/ subdirectory of your City of Heroes installation.

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/EchoAtlas.zip

Hi, I don't have a data directory in my CohBeta (i24 downloaded after CoH closure).
How do I proceed?

Angelo

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #981 on: June 11, 2013, 09:20:29 PM »
Just create a directory called data. It'll be at the same level as costumes, piggs and screenshots. Inside that data directory, put the contents of the zip file.

Defiant Target

• Underling
« Reply #982 on: June 11, 2013, 09:23:37 PM »
This gets better and better, Thank You  ;D

I can now build my army ......  ;)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #983 on: June 11, 2013, 09:38:27 PM »
I sure hope you used /bind for that and didn't type all those loadcostumes by hand...

Defiant Target

• Underling
« Reply #984 on: June 11, 2013, 09:55:50 PM »
I sure hope you used /bind for that and didn't type all those loadcostumes by hand...

Ha now he mentions it :P  :roll: ;D

Yes i did it by hand tho didn't take that long  ;)

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #985 on: June 11, 2013, 10:02:46 PM »
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

BenshowSly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #986 on: June 11, 2013, 10:20:57 PM »
Thank you very much! I remember to have asked you not long ago if we would have at least the NPC back to their original place and it feels way less lonely now to have them there :)

Ms Liberty took her rightful spot lol

Thank you for your hardwork :)

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #987 on: June 11, 2013, 10:33:25 PM »
Now to see which of the big monsters can do /em popdance...

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #988 on: June 11, 2013, 11:22:50 PM »
To showcase this, I've prepared a zip file. Add its contents to the data/ subdirectory of your City of Heroes installation.

http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/EchoAtlas.zip

It will add a new map of Atlas Park that uses the original, 2004 launch data, complete with old-fashioned Atlas statue.

To get to it, use the following slash command:

Code: [Select]
/loadmap maps/City_Zones/City_01_01/City_01_01_Echo.txt

For me, the map loads fine but I don't have any Atlas statue.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #989 on: June 12, 2013, 12:16:20 AM »
* Are you running the Issue 24 client?
* Did defnames.bin get copied correctly into the data/bin directory?
* Did the .bin files for both the zone and the statue get copied correctly into the data/geobin/... directories?
* Did the .geo file get copied correctly into the data/object_library/... directory?

If yes to all of those...

* Try deleting lods.bin and see if that fixes it.

borgking001a

• Underling
« Reply #990 on: June 12, 2013, 12:35:55 AM »
Titan Icon 1.7
What's this I hear about a party in Firebase Zulu?

Download!

Release Notes:
  • Icon now displays a message with its version number when first entering a map, to help you be sure that you're running the version you intend to.

• Some of the residents of Paragon City thought that empty zones were boring, and decided to come hang out. This includes contacts, trainers, and any npc that's a "Persistent" NPC -- one that is hardcoded in the map data to always be present and not spawned conditionally by the server. If you want to return to the ghost town, you can use:

• New command: /clear_npc
    Wipes all NPCs off the face of the map.

• Known Issue: Some NPCs display a P-string for a name instead of their actual name. Unfortunately, the localized names for some of the NPCs are not present in the client files, as this is information that is normally sent by the server. If your favorite NPC is affected by this, feel free to use:

• New command: /rename Name
    Changes the name of the targeted entity to what you specify after the command. May optionally be enclosed in quotes, but not required. If you don't have an NPC targeted, changes your own name.

• New command: /load_costume Filename
    By popular demand, this command loads a costume from a .costume file. The file should be located in the "costumes" subfolder of your COH install -- this is the same one that is used for loading or saving costumes from the character creator. You should not include the .costume extension in the name, just use the name of the character that the costume was saved for.

If you are targeting an NPC when you use this command, it will load the costume onto that target instead of yourself.

• New command: /be_npc NPC_Name
    Ever wanted to know what it was like to be the Avatar of Hamidon? Type "/benpc Avatar_Hamidon" and find out! This takes the same type of NPC costume specification as the /spawn_npc command -- see the wiki page for links to a full list.

You can also use this command while targeting an NPC to turn it into a different NPC.

• Along with persistent NPCs, Icon now spawns all the doors that are referenced by zone maps. They are non-functional, but look better than empty spaces where they should be.

• Fixed the /spawn_npc command to prevent a buffer overflow that could possibly crash the client if very long names are used.

• Icon now includes the patch that allows the game client to load any files as overrides from data/. This should make loading custom maps, geobins, and other mods easier in the future.

• New command: /access_level Number
    This command changes your client access level. Cheater.

The default access level is 0. Higher access levels unlock many, many developer and debugging commands, which are outside the scope of this post. There are no commands that require higher than access level 9.

Caution! These commands are intended for developer use, and many are not user-friendly. Several of them will crash your game client. Proceed at your own risk.

At the rate you're going, you could make this a single player game!

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #991 on: June 12, 2013, 01:02:02 AM »
Thank you for all your hard work.  I will have to make Penelope next time.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #992 on: June 12, 2013, 01:04:49 AM »
I have edited my earlier post to say that the Atlas Park patch MUST have the Issue 24 client, not Issue 23.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #993 on: June 12, 2013, 01:45:41 AM »

Shush you.  This is one of those things we don't talk about.  :-X   (but hope for!  ;) )   

Blackmoor

• Underling
« Reply #994 on: June 12, 2013, 02:15:25 AM »

I'm going to mercilessly tease you about this post on our next Magisterium run. Just you wait.

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #995 on: June 12, 2013, 03:22:41 AM »
damn it Codewalker I get home from work I see my email box over loaded with all my Demo editors asking if they're fired and they just link back to this! Stop giving me heart attacks!
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #996 on: June 12, 2013, 03:54:00 AM »
I just wasted the last four hours recreating 13 of my most played characters who's costumes I didn't have saved already, then assembling them into a group shot that I never would have found the time to demo edit together otherwise, all the while during time I should have spent being productive...

On the plus side, I enjoyed every minute of it...

Side note: Yeah, I know the typical tribute everyone does is suppose to have them all holding torches, but I couldn't get Cookie Thief to stop eating her cookies... She does love her some cookies... :P

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #997 on: June 12, 2013, 05:24:01 AM »
okay, I must be doing something wrong. I can't spawn npcs. I could, I did it. I even macroed the command to spawn Statesmans... just cause. but now I can not spawn NPCs at all. I've tried every variant of the command I can think of including:

spawn_npc black_swan
/spawn_npc black_swan
Spawn_Npc black_swan
/Spawn_npc black_swan
/SPAWN_NPC BLACK_SWAN
spawn_npc black_swan
Spawn_Npc black_swan
Spawn_npc black_swan
SPAWN_NPC BLACK_SWAN

In every case now I get the following response:
Unknown command: spawnnpc black_swan

or whatever variant of the command I have used. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as to a remedy for this?
Strength and intelligence make no requirement of one another. Power demands both.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #998 on: June 12, 2013, 05:25:11 AM »
You need two parameters for the spawnnpc command.

/spawn_npc MODELNAMEHERE DISPLAYNAMEHERE
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Torroes.Prime

• Lieutenant
« Reply #999 on: June 12, 2013, 05:34:46 AM »
You need two parameters for the spawnnpc command.

/spawn_npc MODELNAMEHERE DISPLAYNAMEHERE

tried it. Still unknown command.