Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 208862 times)

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #1480 on: August 08, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »
There you go, then.  Someone with technical knowledge I do not, providing assistance.  It's magic!

Spoiler for Here, have a silly image in celebration:
(It came from testing certain /mov commands that weren't designed for player characters.)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1481 on: August 08, 2013, 05:13:20 PM »
Damn, I've heard of rocket-ass before, but that's ridiculous... Stay away from that new chain of Arachnos Chilihuts
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1482 on: August 09, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »
Damn, I've heard of rocket-ass before, but that's ridiculous... Stay away from that new chain of Arachnos Chilihuts

To say thank you to our customers, every order comes with two free toasted buns!

Flow-Vector

• Minion
« Reply #1483 on: August 10, 2013, 01:15:03 AM »

Perhaps it's for efficiency, eat some chili and later that day you can BBQ some burgers on your butt!  8)
"It is said that irony is the true guiding hand of fate, and what we call destiny is the cruel humor playing out its joke on the world."

I just love this quote from Sirocco.

Profile picture is Flow- my Kin/Regen scrapper from freedom and beta

malonkey1

• Elite Boss
  • A person who does stuff.
« Reply #1484 on: August 10, 2013, 04:30:06 AM »
Perhaps it's for efficiency, eat some chili and later that day you can BBQ some burgers on your butt!  8)

I dunno. Gas-cooked burgers don't have very good flavor.
BadWolf: "The point that JaguarX is trying to make, of course, is that City of Heroes is like a tree. And Google is like a Toyota...Corolla...? Which would make NCSoft a trespasser, shot by...um, Mister T...which is good, because diplomacy...?"

The internet is full of Comedy Gold.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1485 on: August 10, 2013, 02:34:26 PM »
Large update of the Maps popmenu now available for download.  More information over here.

EDIT: And now we are also offering a Move/Emote Popmenu as well.  Click here for its thread.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:55:34 AM by Phaetan »

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #1486 on: August 11, 2013, 04:08:17 AM »
sigh. the only maps I can go to without crashing are zone maps, Pocket D, Paragon Dance Club, and couple others I don't the names of. 

Don't know what to do.. the torrent download looks the same, but I'm clueless about the whole thing.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 04:18:00 AM by GamingGlen »

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #1487 on: August 11, 2013, 06:54:10 AM »
Don't know what to do.. the torrent download looks the same, but I'm clueless about the whole thing.
Set the torrent to download into the same directory you installed the beta client into (uncheck icon.exe from the torrent, it's an old version). If you used NCSoft launcher to download it, the directory you need to choose is NCSoft - by default it will be in C:\Program Files\NCSoft or C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft .

The torrent client will be able to recheck the data - don't start downloading the files right away, use the client's "force re-check" option (most of them have one, uTorrent definitely does).
You will see which files differ from the ones described in the .torrent file - they will display a progress rate that is below 100%. When you start downloading the game in the torrent client then, it will download only the data your copy has corrupted / missing. :)

We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1488 on: August 11, 2013, 11:34:15 PM »
The Move/Emote Popmenu has been given a small update.  In the topic for it is also a few notes regarding moves that don't wish to activate on the player.

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1489 on: August 12, 2013, 01:02:14 PM »
The wiki tells me to place these menu files in data\texts\English\menus, but I don't have a "data" folder in my (fully up to date) City of Heroes folder.  Am I barking up the wrong tree?

I never used popmenus -- in fact, until this thread I never knew about that function -- so perhaps that's the issue.  I assume I can create those directories if I wish, or would that be a bad idea?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:12:27 PM by Mike D »

Gothenem

• Minion
« Reply #1490 on: August 12, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »
You can simply make the folder if you don't have it. City of Heroes does not by default make a data folder.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1491 on: August 12, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »
Gothenem is correct- you just need to make the relevant folders.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1492 on: August 12, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »
Updated the wiki to say to create the folders if they don't exist, and noting that spelling and capitalization is important
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Blackshear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1493 on: August 12, 2013, 11:24:16 PM »
Works like a charm...thanks, folks!

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1494 on: August 14, 2013, 12:54:41 PM »
Of, regarding, or relating to the face.  "Wow, your nose and cheeks got really sunburned today!" would be a facetious comment.
Cute. 
(This is a facetious comment, but not for the reasons claimed - rather, because it's "not (entirely) honest or sincere; sarcastic".  Usually used in the context of a falsehood that is meant as a joke, friendly mockery, playful trolling, etc, rather than an earnest and/or mean-spirited attempt to deceive.)

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #1495 on: August 14, 2013, 07:45:14 PM »
I absolutely love all the work that has been done with this. ^^ The ability to see Paragon again just brings a joyful tear to my eye.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Dayavonty

• Underling
« Reply #1496 on: August 16, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »
i Know your already doing so much for us Fans to CoH but u think it may be posabul to ever get Icon to run the SG/VG Base Editor?? I spent HOURS there i Miss That almost as much as the Comunity :-(  TY for all u have dune so Far i Love the Map loader and i Spawned My First Kronos hehe again Ty For Giveing us This much sofar Big Big :-)

Tacitala

• Boss
« Reply #1497 on: August 16, 2013, 04:07:02 PM »
It was answered before, but since this thread has gotten so big I couldn't find the post either. :)

If I remember right the stuff for bases was kept 100% server side, which Icon doesn't emulate. So unfortunately Icon won't be able to handle that and we'll have to wait for 'other projects' to be released.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

Golden Ace

• Boss
  • Moon Zone Damn it!
« Reply #1498 on: August 16, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »
pity.  I loved my base.  spent hours and hours there upgrading, changing, etc.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1499 on: August 17, 2013, 12:28:39 AM »
Taci and I did too.  However, I suspect Icon won't be the tool to give us back our basebuilding tools.