Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 208877 times)

darkgob

• Elite Boss
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #1460 on: August 07, 2013, 01:57:56 AM »
Just in case the smiley isn't enough of a hint, darkgob is being facetious (or he's just wrong). It's common knowledge that RE work began before the shutdown, and is ongoing.

Both of these are preposterous.  Preposterous I say!!

Flow-Vector

• Minion
« Reply #1461 on: August 07, 2013, 02:33:26 AM »
Both of these are preposterous.  Preposterous I say!!

I imagine this is an example of facetiousness. :D
"It is said that irony is the true guiding hand of fate, and what we call destiny is the cruel humor playing out its joke on the world."

I just love this quote from Sirocco.

Profile picture is Flow- my Kin/Regen scrapper from freedom and beta

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #1462 on: August 07, 2013, 04:34:12 AM »
Onto my thoughts, I understand that spawning and such is handled by the server and to get actual combat and spawns in CoH would be a MASSIVE undertaking, and i don't expect that from you guys/girls (What you have given us is above and beyond), but how difficult would adding combat and enemies actually be? Would it be comparable to rebuilding that half of the game?
It would require recreating a significant portion of the server code. Currently Icon works by duping the game client into loading the zones without a server connection.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #1463 on: August 07, 2013, 07:01:11 AM »
Onto my thoughts, I understand that spawning and such is handled by the server and to get actual combat and spawns in CoH would be a MASSIVE undertaking, and i don't expect that from you guys/girls (What you have given us is above and beyond), but how difficult would adding combat and enemies actually be? Would it be comparable to rebuilding that half of the game? or more getting a hold of copyrighted files issues. Just some understanding is all i am after :)
That probably depends on how much information is saved in the map itself.   We know that most of the contacts - but definitely not all - are there, since codewalker has said as much.   We know the spawn points are listed, since we can see them in dev mode.   But do the spawn points list the types of enemies and levels?   When specific spawns appear (like wolves vs vampires in parts of Striga, say), or how often?  I would imagine that since we haven't seen any auto-spawning in Icon it means that information isn't on the client map.    Hopefully if codewalker has the time he can let us know.

I'm kind of torn between wanting to request more, and waiting to see what codewalker and the Titan folks are up to.   I guess I'll just keep checking back and playing with my demo code.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #1464 on: August 07, 2013, 02:59:56 PM »
Facetious, i hear that word quite often and i never know what it means.

Of, regarding, or relating to the face.  "Wow, your nose and cheeks got really sunburned today!" would be a facetious comment.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1465 on: August 07, 2013, 03:33:03 PM »
Just to let people know, Tacitala and I are slowly building a popmenu for action/stance commands.  No ETA on its completion at this time, as this is a somewhat slow and eyestraining process.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #1466 on: August 07, 2013, 04:59:35 PM »
Just to let people know, Tacitala and I are slowly building a popmenu for action/stance commands.  No ETA on its completion at this time, as this is a somewhat slow and eyestraining process.

Do take your time, no rush.

:)
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #1467 on: August 07, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »
Before you get tooooo far in the action popmenu, I do have some plans there that I'll need community help with. But I'll need people to come up with a list of emote name -> sequencer bit mappings, which work a bit differently than the MOVs that are currently used. So I don't know if I'd spend a ton of time doing popmenus for those just yet.

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1468 on: August 07, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »
Huh.  Well, we'd already sorted a few hundred of them, but hadn't finalized the list, the categories, or coding yet.  Guess you've freed up our afternoon, then.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #1469 on: August 07, 2013, 07:36:26 PM »
Do any of the indoor mission maps work?  I keep crashing trying to load warehouse mission maps.  I'd like one of the new ones with the conveyor belt room; it's hard to have the supervillain talk about his master plan without showing off his place of "business". 8)

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1470 on: August 07, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »
Are you using the I24 beta and Icon 1.7?  that's step one on figuring out what's wrong.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #1471 on: August 07, 2013, 07:49:30 PM »
Icon 1.7.  Either Beta or not-Beta versions crash when I load up a warehouse map (tried a few in each).

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1472 on: August 07, 2013, 08:16:34 PM »
Well, I just tested with /maps/missions/warehouse/warehouse_60/warehouse_60_layout_05_01.txt and had no problems.  If that crashes on you, then I suspect that you might have a corrupted file, maybe one of the assets that goes into the warehouse maps.

Someone with  technical competence might be able to give more useful information than that.  Sorry I can't do more.

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1473 on: August 07, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »
I updated the wiki on Titan Icon (see sig) to include the available PopMenus:

maps
time of day
NPCs/items
MOVs

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #1474 on: August 07, 2013, 09:02:46 PM »
Well, I just tested with /maps/missions/warehouse/warehouse_60/warehouse_60_layout_05_01.txt and had no problems.  If that crashes on you, then I suspect that you might have a corrupted file, maybe one of the assets that goes into the warehouse maps.

Someone with  technical competence might be able to give more useful information than that.  Sorry I can't do more.

Crashed with that one, and an office map.  I loaded one of the signature arc maps (going down a light blue hallway with turrets, was looking for the "on the asteroid" map) the other day, and been able to load midnighter front room map, just regular mission maps do not work.  Haven't had problems with outdoor zone maps so far.

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1475 on: August 07, 2013, 09:15:22 PM »
Tacitala and Phaetan, thank you for expanding the maps.mnu! I'll also be very interested to see what you come up with for an emote/fx popmenu. I just don't have the time to delve extensively into this right now (won't again until next summer, at which time I'll see what's up with the various projects and how I can help more).

Zombie_Man, next time you're updating the Titan Icon page at ParagonWiki, you might want to place Phaetan's link (https://app.box.com/s/v0bko53w2d8cbrucdiv2) on the page rather than mine (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5FhLhcBjWhvQ2g0bW5LLU9jTFE/edit?pli=1), since Phaetan's is more extensive now.
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1476 on: August 07, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »
GamingGlen, it really sounds like something has gone wonky in one of the files, then.  I'm sorry.  You may need to redownload things, if someone else can't give a better suggestion.

Thank you, wyldhunt; it's nice ot have the blessing of the person whose work we were expanding on in the maps.mnu file.  We've put the mov/fx popmenu on hold for the moment due to Codewalker's comment, although if it turns out that his project will take a while to implement, we may go ahead and finish compiling it to serve in the interim.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:37:01 AM by Phaetan »

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1477 on: August 07, 2013, 10:27:30 PM »
Tacitala and Phaetan, thank you for expanding the maps.mnu! I'll also be very interested to see what you come up with for an emote/fx popmenu. I just don't have the time to delve extensively into this right now (won't again until next summer, at which time I'll see what's up with the various projects and how I can help more).

Zombie_Man, next time you're updating the Titan Icon page at ParagonWiki, you might want to place Phaetan's link (https://app.box.com/s/v0bko53w2d8cbrucdiv2) on the page rather than mine (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5FhLhcBjWhvQ2g0bW5LLU9jTFE/edit?pli=1), since Phaetan's is more extensive now.

Done.

RockLeeXIII

• Minion
« Reply #1478 on: August 08, 2013, 09:31:01 AM »
LoL ... hey Zombie_Man ... instead of saying "Done" you should lead with "Brains"  ;)

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #1479 on: August 08, 2013, 03:10:19 PM »
GamingGlen, it really sounds like something has gone wonky in one of the files, then.  I'm sorry.  You may need to redownload things, if someone else can't give a better suggestion.
He can use the torrent download of i24 to recheck the files and download only the corrupted / missing ones. Fundamental part of how BitTorrent downloading works. :)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.