Author Topic: FF14 ARR  (Read 9842 times)

China Doll

• Minion
FF14 ARR
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »
Hello all, just wondering if anyone has planned on making a CoH Free Company in FF14...

Been playing since phase 3 beta and seems like Gilgamesh is a very popular server with reddit players and such keeping it active.

Looking forward to be playing with fellow heroes again..

Look me up in Gilgamesh... I'll be working on my White Mage Holy Prophet.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
Re: FF14 ARR
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
Kind of off topic but related, but I played FF11 once, and didn't really care for it, and I've been meaning to give 14 a try but haven't because of my experience with 11, so I haven't really even looked into the game before... Is 14 any better, or is it basically just a reskinned version of 11? I might be tempted into trying it if someone can sell me on it, and at least this way I'll know which server to aim for to find some like-minded individuals...

I think my biggest gripe with 11 was that I was playing on the Xbox 360 version, which seemed to have some sever graphical distortion bugs at the time, or at least I think they were bugs... All the human/elf characters looked okay in intro cinematics when picking your race, but in game their proportions were stretched in odd ways that were not shown in those cinematics(super long "nope.avi" style necks and arms, slightly shorter torsos, exc.).. All the other races displayed fine, only the elves and humans were distorted, and I could never figure out why, so I just chose to not play them...

China Doll

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 04:16:57 PM »
I nvr played FF 11...or the orginal 14. But from what I have read Yoshi did a total revision of the game by starting from scratch even bringing in a new Dev. team.

Here is a link that has great footage about the game even the character creator...to bad it's Japanese but it's still nice to look at and listen to the music ;)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JL6UtZxJcYY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJL6UtZxJcYY

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:32:08 PM »
Having played both, I would have to say they are different, namely in the fact that leveling is less grinding enemies that could easily kill you solo at even level and more question/dungeons for exp. If you need more specifics, I can try to help, but I wouldn't say I'm the best person to explain.

I've never really tried comparing them.
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 03:21:58 AM »
I plan on playing ff14 :). got the collectors ed. if we have  a server to play I would like to join
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 04:19:26 AM »
I nvr played FF 11...or the orginal 14. But from what I have read Yoshi did a total revision of the game by starting from scratch even bringing in a new Dev. team.

Here is a link that has great footage about the game even the character creator...to bad it's Japanese but it's still nice to look at and listen to the music ;)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JL6UtZxJcYY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJL6UtZxJcYY

So... Final Fantasy XIV: NGE, essentially? Was the game really so bad they needed to scrap it and start over? Because that's what it sounds like, though as I said, I haven't really looked into the game before, so I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly... ???

primeknight

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:24:13 PM »
Hi,

I've currently got a character on server: Ultros.  I'm currently planning on playing with my wife, my brother, and my brother's best friend.  Anyone here is welcome to join me.  I'll wait to post my character until after I know it gets transferred from beta to the fully released game.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 11:40:46 PM »
what class is everyone going to play as? me I am going to play as a monk until ninja comes out

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 12:00:54 AM »
So... Final Fantasy XIV: NGE, essentially? Was the game really so bad they needed to scrap it and start over? Because that's what it sounds like, though as I said, I haven't really looked into the game before, so I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly... ???

No idea what you mean by NGE, but by all appearances, yes, the game was so bad that they pretty much reworked it completely.

Hi,

I've currently got a character on server: Ultros.  I'm currently planning on playing with my wife, my brother, and my brother's best friend.  Anyone here is welcome to join me.  I'll wait to post my character until after I know it gets transferred from beta to the fully released game.

It's supposed to, but I'd still wait, since apparently we've yet again broken the servers when a beta test starts. It seems to be this running theme.

what class is everyone going to play as? me I am going to play as a monk until ninja comes out

Really depends on who I play with and what they play as. Though the temptation to make a Pugilist or Marauder and name it Scrapper Lock is almost too much, just for entertainment value.
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 01:53:05 AM »

Kind of, but more like NGE and CU in reverse. The original 14 was so bad, SE stopped charging sub fees for over a year until they could make it a game worth paying for. When they didn't work, they decided to do the etch-a-sketch restart on the game.

China Doll

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 02:37:15 AM »
Hey Primenight...I decided to go on ultros also since Gilgamesh was closed...I'm curently a lvl 15 conjure working towards white mage.

If people wanna make a CoH free compnay on Ultros i'm game

Look me up when early release opens up next weekend my toons name is Holy Prophet

Cya all soon I hope ;)

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 03:01:23 AM »
No idea what you mean by NGE,

It was a reference to what happened with Star Wars Galaxies, where SOE did something similar, but it was because they wanted to make the game "easier and more fun" for new players by throwing the entirety of their existing player base under the bus, then after refused to admit it was a bad idea. The game as it was prior to NGE or New Game Enhancements, was actually doing pretty good if I recall correctly, and while not perfect, it wasn't bad enough to warrant a complete overhaul, but SOE pushed it though anyways...

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »
Then no, this is nothing like NGE. This was taking something apparently broken completely and rehauling it so it works.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »
im hoping to play on either the phoenix or one that we agree on :)

China Doll

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2013, 09:14:47 PM »
Pre-order access starts on Saturday... I'll be on Ultros as Holy Prophet

So if anyone else decides to make Ultros their home, we can make the best Free Company on that server and represent CoH at the same time  :)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 10:46:16 PM »
Pre-order access starts on Saturday... I'll be on Ultros as Holy Prophet

So if anyone else decides to make Ultros their home, we can make the best Free Company on that server and represent CoH at the same time  :)
awesome, ill be named angel phoenix the elf :)

Everfreefire

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 06:29:19 AM »
As of right now the plan is to end up on Gilgamesh for me, but that is subject to change at any time.

China Doll

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »
awesome, ill be named angel phoenix the elf :)

Kewl...Is that first name Angel and surname Phoenix  :P

As of right now the plan is to end up on Gilgamesh for me, but that is subject to change at any time.

I had plans to be on Gilgamesh first...but found out its going to be the Reddit server and I don't wanna have to be in a long queue every time i wanna log on and play.

Also Ultros has a lot of Neogame players that r Legacy worthy and r willing to help out the newbies  :)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 10:54:53 PM »
Kewl...Is that first name Angel and surname Phoenix  :P

a anagram of the 2 things I love angels and phoenix :D

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 10:58:32 PM »
How can it be an anagram if it's the exact same words...? O.o;

Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal