Author Topic: I miss CoH  (Read 75446 times)

Senkan

• Minion
Re: I miss CoH
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2014, 02:02:57 PM »
You know things are bad when you miss farming.  Also miss crafting and going to WW to try to find a deal on a couple purples I need to complete my build.

Was looking at a CoH facebook page I'm subscribed to and was thinking of my Traps Defender and Bot/Traps Mastermind that I only got to play at level 50 for a couple months.  Blah!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »
You know things are bad when you miss farming.  Also miss crafting and going to WW to try to find a deal on a couple purples I need to complete my build.

Was looking at a CoH facebook page I'm subscribed to and was thinking of my Traps Defender and Bot/Traps Mastermind that I only got to play at level 50 for a couple months.  Blah!

I don't think that's bad.  Those were aspects of City of Heroes I engaged in and enjoyed (though I admit I was only a very occasional farmer.)  What I don't miss are mapserver disconnections and frame-freezing lag and/or rubberbanding--though at least rubberbanding had the potential to be humorous and non-lethal.

/em holdtorch
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2014, 11:44:39 AM »
I still remember that day I flew by the city hall in atlas park, getting ready to queue up for an incarnate trial...when I noticed a bunch of noobs standing around strangely quietly,

got into Ouroboros,

and someone in my super group mentioned something about NCSoft shutting down. it got my attention but I dismissed it as a joke at first.

Till I heard other people on world chat talking about it.

How I felt at that moment...

"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2014, 03:43:37 AM »
I was watching reruns of Big Bang theory tonight and Leonard and Sheldon were talking about when they play online games they always play good guys.  Leonard makes the comment "when we play city of heroes we're always heroes."  Made me a little nostalgic.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2014, 08:16:19 PM »

when you see it...
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »
I still get on City Of Heroes and just go through all the maps and take pictures.. I miss kicking Lord Recluse A55 in The Statesman Task Force With my Full Blown Incarnate Invul/Super Strength Statesman J.r...

I miss kicking Lord Recluse A55 in the Emperor Cole arc.

Fanta

• New Efforts # 2,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2014, 05:20:20 AM »

when you see it...

Yay, Captain Sweatpants!
I am an ass, but don't we all love a good ass!

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2014, 05:31:31 PM »
*grubles* the closed sign is way to subliminal for me right now
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

CrewDog130

• Underling
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2014, 05:25:55 AM »
Hi Everyone,

CoH was my first MMO and I don't think any other MMO can compare. I really miss the people I met online and I feel that CoH had the best online gaming community, period.

I also miss how much fun it was to create heroes and villains with back stories to RP with. I would spend hours looking at all the many toons running around and reading their descriptions. There were so many creative and amusing concepts in this game.

I've created some hero concepts that I'm planning on creating my own graphic novel with because I fell head-over-heels in love with them and can't let them go away quietly. I current playing CO and I just don't as excited by the toons I create. Co is just missing that "thing" that made CoH so good.

I can't believe how good this game was and hom much I miss it. I think I'm going to go to bed and cry myself to sleep now.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2014, 05:50:35 AM »
Hi Everyone,

CoH was my first MMO and I don't think any other MMO can compare. I really miss the people I met online and I feel that CoH had the best online gaming community, period.

I also miss how much fun it was to create heroes and villains with back stories to RP with. I would spend hours looking at all the many toons running around and reading their descriptions. There were so many creative and amusing concepts in this game.

I've created some hero concepts that I'm planning on creating my own graphic novel with because I fell head-over-heels in love with them and can't let them go away quietly. I current playing CO and I just don't as excited by the toons I create. Co is just missing that "thing" that made CoH so good.

I can't believe how good this game was and hom much I miss it. I think I'm going to go to bed and cry myself to sleep now.

Good grief! We must have been separated at birth!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Aelinarius

• Underling
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2014, 06:08:27 AM »
I miss playing every one of my 20+, over contemplated avatars. Several of them never made it past level 10, but I still remember what I had planned to do with every character I made. I had no main.

Most especially, I miss those days when a new design for an awesome character would hit me, and I'd spend hours coming up with a brilliant costume and the path my character would take. Some time after finishing, I'd be fired up and ready to hit up Atlas Park. Some of my best friends in-game came from those lowby team runs in the sewers.

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2014, 09:13:17 PM »
It's going to be bad for me this weekend. Going to see GOTG and I know I'll be missing CoH even more afterward. If it were not for looking at cat memes I'd hardly need a computer.......LOL

Carnage Critter

• Underling
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2014, 03:33:51 AM »
The atlas park music.  Man I just loved that piece of music :)  I fire up Icon every so often just to pop in and hear the music, he he.  I have the music files somewhere as well, but not sure where I put them atm.

The other part I miss is my little "empire" I had essentially built up.  I had insane amounts of characters, level 50's, bases, coverage on every server.

Lastly the biggest thing I miss is playing with my kids.  They loved the game too and it was a joy to share it with them.  My daughter grew up with it for 8 years of her life, lol.  Thats something special.

Its such a tremendous heartache that it was all wiped out, and such joys ended.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2015, 09:23:35 PM »

COH lives on! Reminds me of those office-raid missions..

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »

COH lives on! Reminds me of those office-raid missions..

Oh, I loved the office missions just for that really spooky atmospheric music you got at the beginning of each one.
That and the map layouts posed and interesting challenge.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2015, 05:25:26 AM »
Heard Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life" on the way home tonight.  That song is forever tied to this game for me as one of the first MV for the game.  Thank you DJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5lRcxdAyE
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2015, 10:24:28 PM »
Hello everyone,
I'm currently playing SP mode on the Pocket D ski slopes. Two words, First word: Nostalgia! Second word: Sadness :(

how do you do that? I tested out Icon and start in Atlus....just ran it now and got sentimental. :-*

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2015, 01:29:47 AM »
I sorely miss it as well. I would LOVE to change the name of "Save COH Radio" to "COH Radio" or "We saved COH Radio" or something similar.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2015, 06:01:19 AM »
I was watching reruns of Big Bang theory tonight and Leonard and Sheldon were talking about when they play online games they always play good guys.  Leonard makes the comment "when we play city of heroes we're always heroes."  Made me a little nostalgic.

Yeah, when I play CoH I always pay the prostitutes.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2015, 06:06:16 AM »