Author Topic: I miss CoH  (Read 75423 times)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
Re: I miss CoH
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2014, 08:34:37 PM »
Some twit was in the CoX channel in Champions yesterday, telling everyone how stupid they were for missing their characters and if we had read the EULA, we would feel lucky NCSnot allowed us to keep our characters as long as they did, "because they could have taken them away anytime!" Then he told us that if we mourned our dead characters we "would never grow as writers."

I don't consider rolling an alt to bestow the title of "author" upon me, but whatever. This person "only played an alt until it served its purpose" and then he was done with it. Isnt that special! At that moment I really missed Assassin Strike.

Wow, I cant even. If someone wants to play a game with no emotional attachments to their character, that is their right... but this does not mean everyone else is wrong. I did wonder for a minute if this person owned any pets, and if so how they fared. Or if he had a significant other. If so, I kind of feel sorry for them, and or scared for them because that guy lets sentimentality stand in the way of NOTHING.

Then someone mentioned Wildstar, and there was a most satisfying outburst of rage from just about everyone else over NC and their treatment of customers.

So I still miss CoH. So do many others.  8)

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2014, 01:42:21 AM »
I just had a dream about City of Heroes. It was back with new zones and an expansion on the ordinary lvl 50, to lvl 55.  :gonk:

Plug me into your head!  I want to plaaaaaaay.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2014, 04:10:28 AM »
Guys, I backdoored into that guy's head. Just completed another Hami raid.

it was AWESOME.  8)
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2014, 05:12:31 AM »
I keep hoping to stop having to work 14 to 24 hour days and finally get a chance to sort through and upload my 2TB of CoH recorded gameplay.  Your post reminded me of that as one of the things I saved was a full Hami raid.

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2014, 07:54:46 AM »
Your post reminded me of that as one of the things I saved was a full Hami raid.

Oh god, I'd love to watch that when you get the chance to upload it. That was one of my favorite things to do in CoH.

Though I only did about 5-6 of them. :(

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2014, 10:06:32 AM »
Hami raids were the most boring stand-around-and-wait-for-45-minutes thing in CoH.

With that said, I would happily queue for one right this minute.

You know what I really miss is the Underground trial, with a bunch of Tier 2 and 3s. Maaaaaaan...... steamrollin' everything in sight, on the most beautiful maps ever.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »
My favorite stuff in City had to be the Winter Events.  I got into the game in August 2008, and the game hit the Winter Event for that year within the first few months of my gameplay.  I loved it and was thrilled to see it happen every year after.  Having Tubbius fly around Atlas Park in his Santa costume collecting presents was delightful.  :)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2014, 05:43:02 PM »
I want my halloween back! ToTing... hunting the giant pumpkins! the howls of werewolves and random zombie incursions!
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »
I hated Snaptooth (Valentine event) with a passion, but would give anything to ket stomped by him again.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2014, 06:35:30 PM »
I have Winter Events (Winter Lord and all holiday missions), Halloween (ToT-ing, Whispered Rumor mish, and Banners Event), and some trials recorded as well.  Not sure about Valentine's - except for final Snaptooth mission - that one I have.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
I could certainly go for a hami raid but 40+ mins of stand around?  no sir.  took us about 20 mins to get it done.  We did no retreat raids!

Then the usual Reichman TF after and CoP before.

No Surrender!

Little David

• Boss
    • The Ad Ultimum Network
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2014, 04:50:59 AM »
Some twit was in the CoX channel in Champions yesterday, telling everyone how stupid they were for missing their characters and if we had read the EULA, we would feel lucky NCSnot allowed us to keep our characters as long as they did, "because they could have taken them away anytime!" Then he told us that if we mourned our dead characters we "would never grow as writers."

I imagine that attitude would go over really well with people in the comic books industry. (Not.)

Drauger9

• Elite Boss
    • My gaming blog
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2014, 09:31:55 AM »
I liked Hami raids more for the grouping, since I didn't group much when I played. It was nice seeing 10+ people doing the drum dance on the safety rock. LOL! Then everyone working together to take hami down.

You know what I really miss is the Underground trial, with a bunch of Tier 2 and 3s. Maaaaaaan...... steamrollin' everything in sight, on the most beautiful maps ever.

I'll agree to that any day. :)

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »
I could certainly go for a hami raid but 40+ mins of stand around?  no sir.  took us about 20 mins to get it done.  We did no retreat raids!

The 45 minutes was not the amount of time that it took to do the raid. Most of my Hami experiences took place on Guardian, and were orchestrated by one particular SG. They would fool around for an hour building the league, and this was vastly annoying to those of us who wanted to just get things done.

Would do it again right now though, if I could. *sigh*

statesmanjr

• Underling
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2014, 05:39:49 PM »
I still get on City Of Heroes and just go through all the maps and take pictures.. I miss kicking Lord Recluse A55 in The Statesman Task Force With my Full Blown Incarnate Invul/Super Strength Statesman J.r...

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
I am really missing the art threads from the forums and seeing peoples new commissioned art or just pictures of the cool costumes they came up with for a character. 

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2014, 10:56:09 PM »
I miss force fields, the energy, energy set, the water nova..., the electric Domi I had with 4 pets and a flawed 4.5 billion influence build with perma Domi and Hasten...(lament...), I miss beating on Council, I miss flying, I miss my devastating SS/Shield Brute with it's super fast super AoE devastation...I miss the character creator's vast horizon, I miss the early levels, mob hunting/street sweeping in the Hollows, Steel Canyon and Brickstown.  I miss...

...warehouse missions.  Duo-ing.  Back to back over lap defenders (tying soloing...shudders...*) with F.Fields...  I miss my Ice/Ice blastoller...(a revelation after the disappointing Ice/Rad controller...)

I miss the sound of the 'tell' reply button and it's yellow on black text.

I miss my Diamond hard Invul/Energy tanker.  Stacks of resist and loads of defence cap.  'ard was he.

I even miss the devastating sneaky Elec. stalker which I got to L42 on and the game ran out of time.

I don't miss the Carnie or Perez. :o

Azrael.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2014, 03:28:09 AM »

I don't miss the Carnie or Perez. :o

Agent Standin took his Endurance back from the Carnies after he savagely beat them down. Stygian Circle was a very nice power.

Of course, Standin hated fighting ghosts or drones or anything else that failed to leave a corpse for him to drain.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Hyperius X

• Underling
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2014, 02:49:24 PM »
I've tried playing other MMO's but my heart just hasn't been into it.  I suppose I should have just moved onto another game and accept the fact that nothing last's forever, but I certainly will not settle for anything less. I look forward to the day that I am able to customize my character's and play out my childhood fantasies as a Hero with a Cap. I guess, I read way too many comics as kid.  All that to say I miss COH too. :-(

Botzo

• Minion
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2014, 03:29:08 AM »
Made me kinda sad the other day when I put my music on shuffle everything, only to pull into my driveway exactly when the little mission complete jingle came up. I ended up spending the next day at work trying to figure out how I could make a CoH/CoV brawler in the vein of the old Xmen beatemup. Maybe someday. No matter how much I say I want to be done with this game, I don't think I ever could.

We gotta break the game outta the Zig. 8)