Author Topic: Stupid things players have said to you.  (Read 33452 times)

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
Re: Stupid things players have said to you.
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2013, 12:58:01 PM »
Here's one for you.  I had a toon named "Scaredy Cat" who made it to lvl 25 without ever fighting anything.  He'd keep joining teams, and when they would encounter a group of enemies, he'd run and hide. I got cussed and kicked quite a few times, but some teams loved the joke and kept him around.  I mean, it said in his intro that 1) I was going to roleplay the character, and B) when confronted with any danger whatsoever he would run and hide... So none of it should have been any kind of surprise.

LOL....that is funny and it wasn't like you were "hiding" anything especially with your name & bio  ;D

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »
LOL....that is funny and it wasn't like you were "hiding" anything especially with your name & bio  ;D
See now I could get down with a toon like that. That is in the character and nature to not fight.

Instead of bragging to be the biggest baddest on the planet yet never fight or dont give areason for not doing so.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2013, 03:59:20 PM »
"Brave Sir Robin" comes to mind, for some reason... :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2013, 01:53:28 AM »
Yesterday I had a moment in CO.  I was in an alert fighting Kevin poe, an untimed Grab alert.  As the fight with the legendary starts, Kevin does his usual backflipping around like he always does, and someone complains "Stop knocking him!".  I say he's immune to knockback and he says "No he isn't".  Being me I send him a tell stating that He, dead man walking and also Devona hawk can all backflip, but are immune to knockback.  He then says "I knocked him back before." and added me to the ignore.  For those who don't know, all legendaries except for nemesis are completely unaffected by knockback....sigh.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2013, 02:06:17 AM »
Why are you even a Defender if you don't have heals?

Defenders were not a healing class, they were a buff/debuff class that also had attacks.  Healing was a last resort and relying entirely on it was a very good way to, ironicly, fail to support a team properly.  Even empathy had to use it's buffs properly.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2013, 02:44:08 AM »
Yesterday I had a moment in CO.  I was in an alert fighting Kevin poe, an untimed Grab alert.  As the fight with the legendary starts, Kevin does his usual backflipping around like he always does, and someone complains "Stop knocking him!".  I say he's immune to knockback and he says "No he isn't".  Being me I send him a tell stating that He, dead man walking and also Devona hawk can all backflip, but are immune to knockback.  He then says "I knocked him back before." and added me to the ignore.  For those who don't know, all legendaries except for nemesis are completely unaffected by knockback....sigh.

Basically.

*facetopalm* at that guy.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2013, 03:30:08 AM »
Haha, I was unfortunately on this TF, and you are slanting it just a bit to make your friend look less like a troll. I have screenshots of that person saying they only came back at the end to snipe the badge.

I'd post them, but I don't really see a point anymore. Also, the mods might not like it.  ;)

Edit: Also...you didn't tell us to continue on alone. You called us arseholes, told us you're putting us on ignore, and threatened to report us. How did that work out for you, incidentally?

I did? it.. worked out terribly. lost you guys/gals as globals. I screwed myself over lol.

as for you, if you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I'm hoping we can be globals again when the game returns.

by the way I have nothing to do with ____ anymore, and will never support another AFK TFer. Unless it's you guys, Really, if you remeber everyone on that team not only would I like to say a long in depth sorry, but also I owe you one.

I owe you an entire Dr. Q you guys can door sit or go offline (or on a different character) lol, I owe you that much. seriously when the game comes back hit me up, it's alot of free merits.

Again I apologize for the terrible things I said. if it makes you feel better do the same to me lol.

I say this publically on the titan network forums so there can be a record of my offer.

seriously I miss you guys..
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2013, 04:05:24 AM »

They've probably fought the scaled down version that you find in one of the low level westside missions, who a) doesn't have that backflip power (At least I don't think he does) and b) isn't immune to knockback. Then they go to fight him in alerts and just assume both of those still apply.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2013, 04:29:29 AM »
They've probably fought the scaled down version that you find in one of the low level westside missions, who a) doesn't have that backflip power (At least I don't think he does) and b) isn't immune to knockback. Then they go to fight him in alerts and just assume both of those still apply.
the low level Poe does the backflip power. It's his bread and butter

And cant remember if he is immune to knockback or not never tried at those levels. But yeah maybe he did knock them back at that level. But a knckback animation and the backflip thing is easy to tell the difference...well at least to me, apparently not to every single person.

Twi

• Connoisseur of Fine Imports
  • Lieutenant
  • Defender
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »
Defenders were not a healing class, they were a buff/debuff class that also had attacks.  Healing was a last resort and relying entirely on it was a very good way to, ironicly, fail to support a team properly.  Even empathy had to use it's buffs properly.
Which is precisely why I posted that here. ^.^
I am a defender and so can you.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2013, 04:58:31 PM »
the low level Poe does the backflip power. It's his bread and butter

And cant remember if he is immune to knockback or not never tried at those levels. But yeah maybe he did knock them back at that level. But a knckback animation and the backflip thing is easy to tell the difference...well at least to me, apparently not to every single person.

The Purple Reign mission ends with regular Kevin Poe. He still is immune to knockback (and any hold I've tried, though he still will take the damage, if the hold deals damage), and he still does the back flips, but he's at the level appropriate to the mission level (8 or 9; I honestly don't pay attention, anymore). He does the back flip move so frequently, it took several times going through the mission to catch on.

And, really, almost anything uttered by an NPC in CO falls under the heading of this thread, but that's a topic for the Champions section. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Nightmarer

• Boss
  • We all float down here
« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »
I remember a Katie Hannon TF on Defiant, back in the days when killing Mary McComber 10 times could take quite a while, there was this scrapper named "De L'Abloe" who went AFK at mission door but inside it right after we entered. As I was neither arranging nor leading, I decided to keep my trap shut and go for business.

Around Mary's 5th or 6th spawn, the guy comes back, someone (no idea whether on purpose or not) had aggroed a few cabal near him and as a result he was dead so first thing he does is start complaining about him being dead and why the empath had not kept him alive since it was his only job. He went like that for quite a bit while standing on mission entrance (inside the mission of course) while we were hands full killing Cabal that now were starting to con red and purple to us. Then he decided to enlighten us on how had he built his empath alt, it is, just taking the ranged heals since everything else was useless and he'd rather get more attacks and Pool Powers.

At a certain point, I couldn't keep my mouth shut for longer and I said "then I'm afraid you don't have a clue of how to make an empath so please shut up". He just kept wondering how could ranged heals be a bad thing and left the TF after we completed Mary McComber mish.

It's funny it was the only time I've seen said character, never seen him again which is good enough for me.-

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2013, 04:38:33 PM »
"Brave Sir Robin" comes to mind, for some reason... :)

Doing that as a Thugs MM with the henchmen kept on passive and doing a running string of dance and speaking emotes... ("Brave Sir Robin ran away... Bravely ran away, away...")   :roll:

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
Doing that as a Thugs MM with the henchmen kept on passive and doing a running string of dance and speaking emotes... ("Brave Sir Robin ran away... Bravely ran away, away...")   :roll:

we need more medeaval garb in the costume designer. and lance melee, and broadsword melee for tanks and such.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2013, 04:03:59 AM »
I had remarkably few bad epxeriences on CoH... and of those I had none were bad enough to remember.
But at my first MMo, World of Farmcraft, there was one occasion that had me ragequit the group. Well, sort of.
My Main was a Warlock and we were running this one T-roll city instance in the desert, forgot the name.
Anyway there I was dotting everything in range, siccing my dog on whatever was attacking the priest and handing out healstones like they were on discount.
The teamleader who was incidentally our tank (guess who had to keep the healer alive ;)) thought for some reason that I were a mage.

SHEEP!
SHEEP!
GIVE ME BREAD!!
SHEEEEEEEEEEP!!1!

Yes, I tried to tell him that I couldn't do anything of what he was demanding; because, well I was no mage.

SHEEP!
BREAD!
SHEEP!!

Then he'd start again to chew me out that I were the worst mage he'd ever run with and if I could do anything.
3/4 through the instance I snapped and told him, "Wanna see what i can do?"
So I summoned my beloved Infernal, send him to attack the group of mobs that was the farest away from us. When the demon reached it, and was pulling a nice train of mobs, I released it, which makes the Infernal attack the warlock...and his group.
And then I left the instance.
Don't. Push. A. Warlock. >:(

Boy was there some cursing in chat afterwards 8)
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2013, 02:55:37 PM »

Sadly I never got around to making my ultimate hero: Doorsit Boy!

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2013, 07:36:48 PM »
Sadly I never got around to making my ultimate hero: Doorsit Boy!

I actually DID get around to making Lagspike Lad...

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »
I actually DID get around to making Lagspike Lad...

Did he have the same lag powers as the Rikti invasion forces?

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2013, 08:53:41 PM »
Nothing is that powerful! Well...except for Cryptics games....
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

MisterMagpie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2013, 04:24:53 AM »
This was more of an action than a thing.

There was a costume contest in Atlas that I held, and was handing out inf to various people whose costumes I liked. And I went up to one, and opened up a trade. They clicked yes, the window opened, and then they closed it. I assumed it was by accident and sent another request and they kept opening it and closing it and then finally said: "STOP OR I'LL BLOCK YOU" and I had to explain I didn't realize they didn't want inf, I thought they were just incompetent.

Still no idea why they kept clicking accept.
I mean well, I swear.