Author Topic: Everywhere I look there is fail.  (Read 14392 times)

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
Everywhere I look there is fail.
« on: May 13, 2013, 01:45:45 AM »
help... the world is filled with fail. teen titans has been destroyed, city of heroes is gone, red dwarf has no holly yet in the last 2 seasons, my brother says satan is his only friend, my mom talks like a little child after her mind was worn down to bits of mush from being a nursery teacher at church for years and is now a elementary school teacher. I have no job, I can't win the lottery, captain crunch makes poo green, canned tomato products can cause gender change in men, the ecconomy is in the toilet, Scarlet blade has only been running for a little over 3 months and it's ecconomy is allready inflated (going up at a rate of 200 G a day), spiderman is being filmed in my city but they wont allow us to watch them film and have the roads closed off for the chase scene. people are lieing in government more than ever.. TV SUX, bleach anime has been cancelled, the dandelions keep coming up no matter the treatment.. I'm left waiting.. waiting for things to start to get better.

help me name some more things filled with fail.

let this topic stay as a tribute to all those things which can be deemed most worthy of the yearly crap awards.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Everfreefire

• Boss
Re: Everywhere I look there is fail.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:46:51 AM »
canned tomato products can cause gender change in men...

What?
/em raises a glass. "Next year in the Ski Chalet!"
"Scrappers might not exist any more, but scrapperlock is forever."   -Kaiser Tarantula

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:06:34 AM »
Not even the power of Bill Clinton can reform the mighty Led Zepplin for another gig...
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 05:02:49 AM »
http://www.greenbiz.com/news/2010/03/29/epa-takes-action-gender-bending-bpa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A
...a compound that mimics estrogen doesn't change mens' sex. Sex is a physical state. Your penis doesn't fall off if you get a bunch of estrogen (or estrogen-alike).

Sometimes I wonder how stable you are, with some of these offhand comments you make. O.O
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 07:04:49 AM »
teen titans has been destroyed
I agree, this new show is awful. A MAD segment drawn out into 15 minute episodes, and MAD is pretty awful

bleach anime has been cancelled
That's news to me. I lost track of Bleach years ago but it was getting to DBZ levels of drawn-out ridiculousness around the time I lost interest. Maybe it is for the best.

TV SUX
That it does. 900+ channels and they're all rerun marathons or pay-per-view.

My own input of fail... what happened to music? Its so superficial and hollow with generous sprinklings of autotune, dubstep, and pseudo-political commentary. I can't tell one group from another most of the time because they all sound the same.
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 07:51:53 AM »
Honestly, after 8 years and 360+ episodes you wanted Bleach to continue.

Now I like the show but when they had a flashback to a story arc which itself was a flashback, it was getting a little silly.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 12:55:38 PM »
Look into a show called "Young Justice." It is quite good. Sadly, only 2 seasons, but there's a petition somewhere online to get it a third that has about 40,000 signatures. (Said petition also is asking for more Green Lantern, which I didn't even know had an animated series, so I'm going to go looking for that sometime this week, probably.)

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 01:31:18 PM »
...a compound that mimics estrogen doesn't change mens' sex. Sex is a physical state. Your penis doesn't fall off if you get a bunch of estrogen (or estrogen-alike).

Sometimes I wonder how stable you are, with some of these offhand comments you make. O.O

I hate to call unicorn on anyone, but I fully support joshex if he is one. The ultimate Project Titan Unicorn, designed to infiltrate us, permeate a special kind of crazy everywhere over several years to cast all of Titan as crazies.

If indeed joshex is this mastermind Unicorn I say...good on you, sir.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 01:32:03 PM »
Look into a show called "Young Justice." It is quite good. Sadly, only 2 seasons, but there's a petition somewhere online to get it a third that has about 40,000 signatures. (Said petition also is asking for more Green Lantern, which I didn't even know had an animated series, so I'm going to go looking for that sometime this week, probably.)

I think a petition calling for Young Justice DCAU movies would have a better chance at success and would be great for YJ fans, DCAU movies are fantastic.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 01:53:47 PM »
YJ and DCAU are a little discontinuous. For one thing, the Martian Manhunter isn't the last of his race in the former. It has the quality of writing of the DCAU, but it's not the same continuity.

That said, a couple YJ movies telling the 5-year-gap stories between seasons 1 and 2 would go very nicely.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »
YJ and DCAU are a little discontinuous. For one thing, the Martian Manhunter isn't the last of his race in the former. It has the quality of writing of the DCAU, but it's not the same continuity.

That said, a couple YJ movies telling the 5-year-gap stories between seasons 1 and 2 would go very nicely.

Yeah I think if they did it, just title each movie Young Justice: Insert Cool Subtitle. That would help separate and denote its a continuation of the series. Really hope it continues in some way, Young Justice was a huge surprise for me, did not expect that level of quality. Though each episode did really, really have me missing CoH, so many alt ideas!

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 02:15:48 PM »
I've no idea what his origin story normally is, but I really liked Beast Boy's in YJ. It was interesting.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »
Young Justice was spearheaded by Greg Weisman, probably best known for Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man (as well as taking over in season 2 of Winx Club).  Unfortunately, like most of Weisman's shows, it was too good to last.  They had a season 3 planned out, but it wasn't to be.  Instead, CN replaced it with Teen Titans Go and Beware the Batman.  There's some fail for you.

As for movies - well, there were rumblings a few years back that Teen Titans: The Judas Contract was being made (i.e., Terra's story).  It wouldn't have been connected to the Teen Titans cartoon, but instead be more faithful to the original comics.  But after the Wonder Woman and Green Lantern animated movies didn't do as well as they hoped, DC canceled all of the animated movies that didn't have Superman or Batman as the main character.  There's some more fail, though it's old fail by now.

.... "fail" as a noun is also sort of fail.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 06:24:12 PM »
Hey, I can hope they'll make a season 3; it was CLEARLY planned, if you see the season 2 closer. Like I said, a petition exists. Can't hurt to sign it if you care. (I don't have the link handy, but google might help.)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »
Why is it that whenever I see the title of this thread, I can't help but imagine it being sung as a line in a Broadway musical?

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 10:09:23 PM »
TV Sux

Yep.

TV started going down the toilet in the late 80s and is almost unwatchable atm.

I used to be able to find more stuff to watch on 3 channels back in the day than I can now with a hundred channels.
--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

cptbarcode

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 10:46:24 PM »
spiderman is being filmed in my city but they wont allow us to watch them film and have the roads closed off for the chase scene.

Didn't they finish up on Thursday? Bet the lilacs are all faded now, too. But at least you can get a garbage plate without having to drive 400 miles.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 11:17:34 PM »
Funny, nearly 20 years ago I remember having a discussion with one of my friends about this topic, and he said, "The pendulum will swing the other way soon."

Still hasn't. And I don't expect it ever will. It's not a pendulum. It's a runaway train. Things are going exactly the way that those with all the power want it to go, and there's no reason for them to ever let that change.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 11:55:29 PM »
Eh, maybe I have bad taste but there's too much good stuff on tv for me to keep up with right now. Scrubs, Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec, The Office, Arrested Development, Community, Futurama, The Wire, True Blood, Cougar Town, Veep, Children's Hospital, Louie, Young Justice, JL, JLU, (not all are still on and may have slipped but have been good)