Author Topic: Everywhere I look there is fail.  (Read 14393 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Everywhere I look there is fail.
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2013, 12:30:09 PM »
Yeah, heh, remember when competition was allegedly a good thing for the consumer?

I shudder to think what our world would be like if there had been a patent system back when fire and simple machines were discovered. Or if businesses were obsessed with exclusive tech designs when electricity first became popular. We'd be needing universal voltage and outlet adapters even in our home country.

God...
Hi, Tim!  Isn't that how it worked back then?  Example: I'm Oog!  I just invented Fire!  Now worship me!!   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2013, 05:50:27 AM »
Seriously, I do like reading about Quantum Mechanics physics, even when it gets strange and bizarre.

That's the best kind :)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 07:29:53 PM »
Hi, Tim!  Isn't that how it worked back then?  Example: I'm Oog!  I just invented Fire!  Now worship me!!   ;)

LOL!!

Well thankfully we had folks like Prometheus, I guess.

But consider that people who used technology to raise themselves up as gods, didn't get to enjoy that godhood for very long. Someone would catch on, figure out how to do it themselves (assuming the 'god' didn't get killed/overthrown first) and then everyone knew how to do it.

The patent system prevents such 'robin-hooding,' and ensures that the gods retain their godhood.  :P

Thanks!  That made for nifty reading!   :D  Seriously, I do like reading about Quantum Mechanics physics, even when it gets strange and bizarre.

I'm sure we all know the basic double-slit experiment. But check out this little bugger. Schrodinger's jaw would hit the floor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_choice_quantum_eraser  8)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 09:32:50 PM »
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2013, 06:51:14 AM »
Hmmmmm.

It's something I've noticed in the last couple of years with various cereals made with corn.  Some of them have increased their fiber content but can have the aforementioned side effect.

Of course, if he's speaking of one of the varieties that use blue food colouring, the mentioned side effect might be expected anyway.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Lant

• Underling
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2013, 10:53:39 AM »
If this is the same Joshex from my old server...my only warning to you all....Nuke it from Orbit...its the only way to be sure...

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 03:48:26 AM »
If this is the same Joshex from my old server...my only warning to you all....Nuke it from Orbit...its the only way to be sure...

lol, give us a description of the joshex from your server.

btw if it's any consolation I've already left orbit lol, I'm out there alright.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.