Author Topic: Yo Virtueites, where you at?  (Read 23491 times)

Mckittens

• Underling
Re: Yo Virtueites, where you at?
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »
@returnfire here,

Yeah I haven't been able to find a new game like this to replace the feeling of city of heroes. And believe me I am an avid gamer. Some of you may have known me on my main, Ultra Assassin, played mostly blueside but sometimes I swapped sides on red.

Yeah I really miss this game. Like really miss it a lot. I do hope it comes back.
@returnfire

Twitter: @TheMckittens

MaxEternal

• Minion
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »
@MaxEternal here.  I played on Virtue, i tried SWKTOR but quit after about level 30.  Tried CO and made it till about level 7 and was bored and uninstalled the game.  Played DCUO for about 5 minutes and uninstalled it.  I am holding out hope for a CoH private server, one of the spiritual successors or TF Hail Mary to come through.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2013, 03:30:15 AM »
Hey there.

Was on Justice in Oct 2004 when I first started. But in 2006 moved over to Virtue and never regretted it.

I only RPed at a casual level, but I enjoyed responding to others. Mostly I played the game and helped SG mates from the Legendary and others.

My mains -

Cyberman 8 (Pictured in the my icon)
Kara Skye
Lily the Diamond
Sassinak
Lora'Lai
Startracker Zero

And about 40+ others mostly on Virtue but scattered a bit on Justice, Champion and Infinity.

You'll mainly find me in Champions Online and Star Trek Online these days. Though I've dabbled in DCUO (Not nearly as bad as people say - But it plays VERY differently, and you need to adapt your playstyle if you want to enjoy it.) and TSW and GW2.

Oddly, I've been more at "home" in STO of late. But that sort of thing goes in cycles with me.

I keep in touch here and a bit on the Facebook pages.

We'll keep the flame until we find a home. And we will find it. Or make it. Of that you can be sure.

JollyJongleur

• Underling
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2013, 09:48:40 PM »
Yeah Kelp, I remember you. Been a few years since I had enough time to play an MMO.

Morvani

• Underling
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2013, 05:59:05 AM »
Is Morvani. Played City from May 2004, and was there frantically trying to hang onto Virtue as it kept throwing us off at the end. Those of you who may know me probably remember me best as Parzifal (and many permutations of spelling thereof). Parz has moved to TSW's London. I haven't played much there, though, because I never see anyone I (or he) know. Not doing much of anything currently I'm afraid, although I have been in contact with a friend at the revived FASA Games about helping out with a bit of editing work for the Earthdawn line.

Morvani

• Underling
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2013, 06:00:42 AM »
I was on virtue. But I doubt anyone knew who I was.

Parz remembers Vandellia. And more to the point, I remember you sending me that weblink for the site that had all the Kernewek curse words!

Kyuuen

• Minion
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »
I played Belle Barium on Virtue.

Even as the game was shutting down, I started to shift to other interests.

As for the games themselves, I'm playing the best superhero MMO on the market right now: Team Fortress 2. I currently main a 500-pound russian man, who has a primary power of being able to fire a chaingun and has the secondary powerset of "Sandvich Eating and Throwing".

You can find me on Steam as 'Wallet Inspector', playing in 2Fort on the western servers. Look for Snake. :3

I make rare appearances in CO, usually walking around Club Caprice and looking for old faces - but I am not happy with how it runs, so I don't see myself leveling up there.

I recently tried DCUO and had more fun with it than I thought I was going to have, so if you see a chocolate-haired girl in a yellow suit, and boots, say Hi.

I have posted several screenshots and all of my Virtue alts on my deviantart Page, and recently started my Tumblr to post about my general interests in the game world. Check it out, yo.

http://kyuuen.deviantart.com

http://kyuuen-zutto.tumblr.com

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2013, 03:35:22 PM »
*waves to fellow science hero Belle*

firelightx

• Underling
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2013, 07:18:41 PM »
So many names and faces I remember.

Kelp, you were never lame.  Stop that talk.  Of course, you and I were in similar boats, there.  Too young to to keep egos in check at the time CoH launched.  I feel you, brother.
Thaneval!  Go figure you'd be here.  I swear, you're one of CoH's most dedicated forumites.
Reiraku: Green hair, right?  That's how I always remembered you.
Megajoule: I think we've interacted... once, perhaps, but not more than that.  Still, I remember you quite a bit from the forums most of all.  Unless you had alts I played with and didn't know about it o.O
Heroid :o By far, one of the best storytellers Virtue ever had.  I had a good thing going when I was playing with you.  One of the biggest mistakes I think I ever made was in letting that go.
Vandellia: I don't think I could forget you.  Met through Psyrius, and though our playtimes didn't match up due to being on opposite ends of the world... I can't think of an interaction with you I didn't enjoy, however brief a time it was that we hung out.
Morvani, I clearly remember you best from the Gemini Park days.  I always had a certain respect for your character.  Like the debauchery of mine would naturally tone itself down in your presence.  Is that weird?

So many other names I've seen on these forums that I miss hanging out with.  Part of me is worried that I managed to burn too many bridges as a young, foolish teenager, that I might never fit in with the folks I love again.  At the very least, I've stopped trying to hide from my own stupid past.  At the end of the day, a chance to see everyone again is worth confronting those mistakes.
- Firelightx
Characters:
Septa || Firelight || Lightsurge || Known Alias || Kameleon

Kyuuen

• Minion
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2013, 03:13:57 AM »
So many other names I've seen on these forums that I miss hanging out with.  Part of me is worried that I managed to burn too many bridges as a young, foolish teenager, that I might never fit in with the folks I love again.  At the very least, I've stopped trying to hide from my own stupid past.  At the end of the day, a chance to see everyone again is worth confronting those mistakes.

If you're the Septa I'm thinking of, I was in Teamspeak for your first DJ session. It was awesome just hearing everyone else cheering you on as you were taking the stage.

I was also Rusted Furnace, I used to hang out a lot on that Teamspeak with Forrest the others.

Kyuuen

• Minion
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2013, 03:15:34 AM »
*waves to fellow science hero Belle*

Ah. Miss Megajoule! Seen you on the forums, and I believe we even had alts on the old PCPD with Officer Celara? :D

Kyuuen

• Minion
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2013, 03:18:39 AM »

Not sure anyone there remembers me-

Seen you at Gemini Park, I think I remember that you had a female and a male version of Kelp. XD

I was.. kind of also there shortly after you had heard of the shutdown. I'm really sorry that all I was able to do was run around in RWZ with you. Now that I think of it, I didn't really offer that much consolation. It's good to see you around.

IrelandLove

• Underling
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2013, 04:18:00 AM »
I'm here. I lurk, but I'm here.

Kelp, you were never annoying. You were always endearing. :)

I know every name on this page--although many I never interacted with. I lurked on the main CoH boards too. ;)

I miss you all tons.

Wulfen

• Underling
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2013, 06:56:19 AM »
@Wulfie here, main on Virtue since launch was Wulfen, member of the Guardian Force and oldest adopted smartass of Ireland Love.

Also was Vostok, Rushmore, Texas Twister, Brass Sentinel, Master of Savate, G Man, Demolition Derby, The Alien Overmind, Exodus 22-18 (the bane of magic users both heroic and villainous) and the insidious broker of souls: Mister Scratch.

Pay no attention to that poser that showed in the Pocket D once a year, Mister Scratch was mine from the CoV beta onwards to live on Virtue (and even before then as a faceless NPC)

Reiraku

• Boss
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2013, 07:30:39 AM »

Reiraku: Green hair, right?  That's how I always remembered you.

Reiraku had purple hair, but you might be thinking of one of my alts, Crying Silk. She rocked the green a lot.

firelightx

• Underling
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2013, 11:13:12 AM »
Rusted Furnace... I remember the name like it was... 7 years ago.  lol.  I do remember that name, though!  Gosh, talk about a long time.
Ireland Love and Wulfie, too!  What a mind trip this thread is becoming for me.

I have included in my profile every method of contact I can think of.  I'm inches from putting my facebook account into my signature.

You know... I don't know that I ever answered what I've been up to.

Don't play much in the way of MMOs anymore.  Not many of them really speak to me.  I toy with GW2 with my fiancee.  She has more max level characters than me.  Most of my time is spent roleplaying on forums (mostly with said fiancee) and working on costuming.  She got into Steampunk costumes this year, which spurred me to pick up my own hobby... Mandalorian Armor.  :D

Found a Mandalorian Costume Club.  Eats up most of my time these days.  That and wedding planning... only 3 weeks till that's over, now.  o.O
- Firelightx
Characters:
Septa || Firelight || Lightsurge || Known Alias || Kameleon

Fulcrum

• Lieutenant
  • The Phoenix Effect
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »
@Fulcrum here.

Played the game from it's very first tottering steps to the very end (/em holdtorch) when Nc$oft pulled the plug.  I'm still pretty angry about the closure.  Angry enough to play the role of mentor to folks idly interested in trying an Nc$oft product.

It's amazing what a few 'You know...'s and 'Did you see what they did to this's can do to a prospective customerbase.

Regardless, I haven't installed ICON yet because for me, right now, it'd be like picking at a fresh scab but I expect I will eventually.   Ghods know I want my city back.

I haven't found something to take it's place... I don't think there is something that can yet.  CO, EQemu, Tekkit Lite Minecraft, Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2 are the games I've all played since the closure.

Twi

• Connoisseur of Fine Imports
  • Lieutenant
  • Defender
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »
Getting more and more into TSW.
I am a defender and so can you.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2013, 06:42:33 PM »
Septa :-).

So nice to see you again. I hope you're doing well. Thank you so much for the kind words :-) I always had a blast hanging with you, too :-)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

ag88t88

• Lieutenant
  • Ice_Wall
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2013, 06:41:49 PM »
Ice_Wall here,   Joined October 10th, 2005 - Forever and Always a Virtue-ite.

I tried CO for a bit, just can't get into it.  So much about that game that annoys me.   I've not tried any other MMOs, just not into them as much.  Played some Marvel Alliance on FB for a bit, but burnt out on it at the moment... 

I've been away from these boards a while because honestly it just makes me miss CoH, but now I've been getting into reading them more.  Been missing CoH a lot recently.