Author Topic: Yo Virtueites, where you at?  (Read 23468 times)

CheerGunbunny

• Lieutenant
Re: Yo Virtueites, where you at?
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »
Pinnacle was mostly my home, but had some fun on Virtue for sure....main Virtue toon was Decaffeinator, redside, SS/Will brute...topped her at 48.  Blueside was Angelika Nightspawn, 24, Kin/Will Scrapper.

Done some SW:TOR.....the whole game is not really casual RP friendly...started TSW recently....it's good, but it ain't COX...tried WoW...I hit level 4 and realized, "This profoundly sucks in ways things have never sucked before"  Neverwinter looks likely to be pretty WoW-esque...I'm geeked for the WoD online game. OK, two years....but hell, I waited over 20 for the Wheel of Time to finish, 2 years is easy, right?  *doing junkie shuffle and scratch*

Did you ever run into me?  Well, if you teamed with or RP'd with a weird bitch who could *NOT* type coherently, then that was me.

WDTitan

• Underling
  • Control, Dominate
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »
@Ashley Hudson

Played mostly as Rocker Girl on Virtue, which was my favoritest server ever.  My RP was mostly limited to in-mission banter as I tried to stay 'in character' when I played.  I liked it best that way.  Not sure how many of you I ever met or if we'd remember each other, though.

Right now I mostly play GW2 and Neverwinter (just started, though), although I'm happily looking forward to Rift going F2P.  I can't stand DCUO or CO...the aesthetics just stink compared to CoX, as do the powers, the gameplay, the controls, the animation...I'm so picky.  Whatever comes next will have to be really really amazing.

Sounds like I may have to give Secret World a try though.
Ashley Hudson aka Sweet Venom (Plant/Time Ctrl); Rocker Girl (Stone/Stone Dom) [my only 50s]

TheMindfulFool

• Underling
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »
@TheMindfulFool here.

I ran a small group in City of Villains called Father Gerard Henri's Home for Wayward Youth. Had a blast for about seven months before the closing was announced. I also used to play Otto Shouvocker, proud Praetorian Loyalist.

I'm sort of boring now that CoH is gone. Tried Champions without much success but I've found myself enjoy TSW a bit. It isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I play it about one or twice a week. Though, currently, some of my old VG buddies and I are going to try to play CoH via tabletop. Hopefully it works out. Will find out Thursday.

MaHaBone

• Minion
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2013, 12:30:54 AM »
if you teamed with or RP'd with a weird bitch who could *NOT* type coherently, then that was me.

You must have been multi-boxing, because I have had whole PuGs that match that description.

Nightwatch

• Lieutenant
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2013, 12:12:26 PM »
Hello Virtueites.  I was a UK based player who gravitated via Exalted to Virtue.  Enjoyed my time there immensely.  By the end I had basically filled almost all character slots on all the servers but was really playing Virtue.

I spent the final weeks of CoX on Virtue just running Adamastor over and over so people could get the badge and stuff.  Would rotate through Dr Night (controller), Moongirl (stalker), Divine Wind II (corruptor), and Niteshade (scrapper) mainly to do that every hour or so.

I miss those times so much :(

Numerology

• Underling
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »
@TheMindfulFool here.

I ran a small group in City of Villains called Father Gerard Henri's Home for Wayward Youth. Had a blast for about seven months before the closing was announced. I also used to play Otto Shouvocker, proud Praetorian Loyalist.

I remember seeing that villain groups name appearing quite a bit over the year before the shut down. Not sure if I ever teamed with members specifically or if it was just over broadcast, forum posts or even just from the few times I was around the D. At any rate the name was getting around and its one I recognise as being quite active which was always nice to have on redside   ;)

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2013, 01:34:08 AM »
I spent the final weeks of CoX on Virtue just running Adamastor over and over so people could get the badge and stuff.  Would rotate through Dr Night (controller), Moongirl (stalker), Divine Wind II (corruptor), and Niteshade (scrapper) mainly to do that every hour or so.

I think I got mine with Moongirl at that time. Thanks again if so. :)
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

CheerGunbunny

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2013, 01:46:36 PM »
You must have been multi-boxing, because I have had whole PuGs that match that description.

LOL

Seriously.....if I don't deliberately go slow, my typing looks like this...."I'll take the Sapper out first" comes out as

I'kll take teh sapepr out frist

I try to type as fast as I want to communicate...fingers cannot keep up with brain, gibberish ensues

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2013, 05:29:27 PM »

Me, too.   I'm sure I was on your Adamastor runs with at least half of my characters on Virtue (Mostro, Contraindicator, Green Lectroid, Akrasia, Beast Lightning, Space Pirate Jenny, Mr Methane, Grand Forcible, Psy Dragon, Dino Hunter, Cosmic Death Knell, Peanut Buddha)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2013, 07:22:50 PM »
I was on virtue. But I doubt anyone knew who I was.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2013, 09:51:09 PM »
I remember Unseen Scarlet. I saw her a lot back in the day, but didn't see her for a good long time until the last year or so of the game.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
Yeah. She was kinda rude like that :-)

I had to be in the right mood to play her, because she was mean to people and it mad me feel bad. She mostly hung out with Breaker, Dead End Case, Thorn Bandit and Bane Spider Tau, if anyone at all. More often than not she just lurked ;)
--
@Vandellia

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 07:06:03 AM »
I remember Tau, but none of the others. I wasn't in your 'circle'. For that matter, I wasn't in any circle. I don't think we ever rp'd.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2013, 01:50:32 PM »
I don't think so - who was your main?
--
@Vandellia

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 04:27:34 AM »
Raine Heartfall was my main. I'm certain you at least saw her. I also regularly played Hellgirl, Zaxa, Auriana, Aeka, Heavenly Sun, and Kinzie Rose.

Rae

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2013, 02:02:09 PM »
Ah, yes. Definitely spotted you around :) Nice to sort-of-meet you!
--
@Vandellia

Talon Blue

• Minion
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »
My main: Talon Blue, lvl. 50 Claws/SR Scrapper.

I lost all my screenshots, if can find any I'll post. I uninstalled CoH the day I found out it was closing in an upset knee-jerk response and now that I have an entirely new computer, all I really have is memories.... But she was decked out in the martial arts armor and helmet, a shoulder cape with a the dragon pattern all colored blue and white, and a white smoke aura so that when she ran it looked like a trail of mist. I dropped a lot of influence on that toon...(I miss my purple sets, T4 incarnate powers... :( )

Others:

Gulden Draak, lvl. 50 StJ/Nin Stalker (dabbled in PvP)
Death XIII, lvl. 50 Dark Melee/Shield Scrapper (an interpetation on the Death Tarot card)
Grimbergen, lvl. 50 Dark/Energy Blaster (dabbled in PvP)
Valkyrie Lenneth, lvl. 50 Dual Blades/Willpower Scrapper (valkyrie armor costume? Must. Make. Lenneth...)
Psychic Sephora, lvl. 50 Mind/Psi Dominator (yay, Perma-Dom)
(I had a lvl. 50 Night Widow I just can't remember the name, and numerous others I deleted or retired.)

I personally wasn't part of any Supergroups but Virtue had a big cast of characters that often saw.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2013, 03:41:08 PM »
I lost all my screenshots,   ...   all I really have is memories....

Have you tried this little gem? It's a program Codewalker made. (Or brewed in his lab, or something... freaking wizards.) It lets you create costumes and fly around maps again. Great for screenshots. You can even see the animations for the new powersets that were coming up (what was finished of them at least).

And you can get a client to use it with at this site.

Klendarin

• Underling
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2013, 01:32:45 AM »
@Great_Cthulhu

Usually Kelvoro blueside and Willow Whisper on red, but I had dozens of others as well.  I tried a little Champions but it just didn't measure up.  Currently, Kelvoro is serving as an Imperial agent in a galaxy far, far away.  When I just want to whack badguys I play a little Diablo III.  Nothing matches CoH, though...other games are just lacking in so many ways.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 01:39:14 AM by Klendarin »
AKA @Great_Cthulhu, Kelvoro, Virtue Server

TheMindfulFool

• Underling
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
I remember seeing that villain groups name appearing quite a bit over the year before the shut down. Not sure if I ever teamed with members specifically or if it was just over broadcast, forum posts or even just from the few times I was around the D. At any rate the name was getting around and its one I recognise as being quite active which was always nice to have on redside   ;)

We found Redside to be very nice for what we wanted. It had the atmosphere and it also had some really great VGs. A lot of them went out of their way not to disrupt our events and even made for ways to contribute to our own narrative. Black Friday, the Phoenix Group, and Iron Horseman (sorry if I got the names wrong ... been awhile) were some of the few names I recall who were very nice with our transition to the Isles.