Author Topic: Yo Virtueites, where you at?  (Read 23420 times)

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
Re: Yo Virtueites, where you at?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
My guess would be "Second Life" :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

Teutonic Rogue

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »
My guess would be "Second Life" :P

Good guess, GG  ;)

Though my combined weekly playtime in SL; TSW; TOR and STO is decidedly less then my daily playtime in CoH ever was. All those venues manage to do, is remind me how nothing else out there even comes close to what we lost.

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »
Displaced  Virtue villain reporting in. Hyakki, Clairene and Lock and Load Lari were my Pocket D regulars (Lari being the only talkative one, the other two were people watchers) I don't think anyone here knows me other than Blackjak.

I've loitered around in CO, returned to/left WoW and TSW and currently play PSO2. All have been pretty awful due to nostalgia for the "old days", language barriers, guild drama and in the case of CO excruciatingly painful attack on the senses.

I have been in the beta test for and am looking forward to Final Fantasy XIV since I've got a RL friend, an old WoW friend/FFXI vet, and at least one CoH friend that will join me there. I spotted a "States Man" and "Emperor Cole" running around on Cactuar server too! Surely there will be CoH refugees around for official release.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:39:04 PM by Xieveral »
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

crayehal

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »
Virtue was my 3rd hideaway after Freedom and Exalted.  I had 3 50s there.  I didn't RP much since I liked to run teams and strikeforces. 
Tried CO, but didn't feel like playing a hero since I'm a 90% redside player.  I liked DCU for the stories, but the UI didn't let me access all of my powers and felt like I had one arm tied behind my back.  So I've been dabbling in SWTOR with mostly Imperial toons to fill my villainous urges.  >:D
If anyone wants to try it as F2P, I can show you how to get around the F2P limits.  You can send me a PM or reply here or in the SWTOR thread.

Megajoule

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 01:12:55 AM »
at the moment, Star Trek Online and Star Wars the Old Republic.  Have also given The Secret World a shot.
All are okay games, for what they are - I'd especially recommend TSW, for those wanting a modern setting - but of course, none of them are CoX.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 03:23:49 AM »
Eh, mostly been playing some tabletop RPGs. The only online RPGs i've played lately are Torchlight II and very recently SWTOR. (After not even updating SWTOR for over seven months.) All the other MMOs i've tried i haven't really liked enough to invest much time. i may give Secret World a go in the near future.

Tried CO and wasn't enjoying it very much even before Derpect World did something in an update that messed up my account so i couldn't log in anymore. *sighs* i would get different, even occasionally contradictory, error messages when i tried to log in. Then again, even before that converting my Cryptic account to a PW had messed up something so that logging in as free player was all i could do without running into errors when trying to manage the account or buy anything.

So yeah, not much on the MMORPG front for me so far unless CoH or a comparable successor goes live.

On the plus side i've had more time and incentive to work on my own projects.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
All those venues manage to do, is remind me how nothing else out there even comes close to what we lost.

There are times when a game approaches CoH, but when it happens, you see this one narrow spot where the game approaches what we took for granted, and it makes the rest of the game look even sadder by comparison.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 11:01:21 PM »
trying out DCUO.  I made a one time purchase (ie I canceled the subscription before it could renew) just so I could see what it was like to play with some of the "pay" features.  No big deal.

I tried CO but got disgusted real quick and deleted it off my system.

After COH, I don't think I will ever again get roped into a full time subscription to any game that I can't play offline as well.   It hurt too much when it was taken away.

I made so many friends on Virtue..and I miss them all. (BG7, Ice Cube Maker, Capt. Harrington, Alley Cat, and so so many more.  Sigh.)
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

Aleksandros

• Minion
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 09:45:36 PM »
Displaced, lost in the web and reality.  Lost the City, no motivation to play any of the games I've tried (CO, STO, back to Everquest, Mechwarrior Online).  Horrible past year, going downhill on greased rails.  Only Hope keeps me breathing in and out atm - because I *AM* a Hero, dammit, and Heroes never quit!  As long as there's any glint of hope, I will rage at the darkness around it.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 03:49:04 AM »
Virtue Server, represent.

I was only on Virtue about a year, at the end. I moved all my alts that mattered from Guardian [a server than had been in a long, steady decline since long before the shutdown announcement] to Virtue and it was a move I never regretted. I thought Virtue was great, as opposed to how I felt about Freedom. Which I will keep quiet about, so as not to offend those who liked it.

I was not well known on it, since I kept to myself a lot. But I have probably BAF/LAM/TPN/UGed through many a trial, with many of you.  8)

Virtue was always a busy server, with people doing fun stuff almost any hour of the day. I miss it terribly. No other game I have tried has come close to what this one was to me: my literal second home.

Kemphler

• Minion
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 04:10:12 AM »
@Travern from virtue here...as for where I've gone? I'm bouncing around right now, though slowly settling on CO. Other than that I'm avoiding MMOs and playing SP or Co-op games.
"I intend to live forever, or die trying." - Groucho Marx

Heroid

• Minion
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 03:59:33 AM »
@Heroid here.

I remember you, Kelp!  I'll never forget you!

I've tried TSW, CO, DCUO, AoC, and none of them are what I'm looking for. 

TSW comes closest, I guess, because the stories in the game are good, but there's just too much running around killing zombies for me and I never got past the low levels.  It might help if I could find the "Gemini Park" of the Secret World, but I don't even know if it exists. 

CO feels like a video game in a way that CoH never did and the same with DCUO. 

As for Conan or any other fantasy game -- sadly, I find that running around with a sword hacking at monsters is as tedious as shooting zombies.

So, I'm not playing anything.

IF CoH gets revived, OR if one of the Project Z games manages to capture enough of that flavor AND there is a great rp community in any of those situations, I'll be ready to take to the streets (or the skies) to fight evil beside you all once again.

In the meantime, I come here to lurk in the shadows and relive the old days.  It's a much better comfort than I've found in trying to replace City of Heroes.
aka, Heroid

Spellcaster Hana

• Minion
  • City of Heroes will always and forever be my home.
    • Hana's Deviantart
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »
Well, I'm still here lurking back and forth into the forums.

I'm currently struggling with MMOs (CO, Tera, DCUO, etc.) as none of them can keep my attention for as far as long as CoX...I think I may give up playing for a while...  :(
"Sometimes, crossing the line is necessary in order to move forward."
"ALL HAIL EMPEROR COLE!!!" ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
----------
My Deviantart: http://hanariblue.deviantart.com

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 01:09:07 PM »
Myself, Awesome K (aka G. Comet), and Mighty T [basially our YouTube channel for badging] moved on to various games, but for me only WoW has captivated my interests and not by much. No one has done badges quite like CoH and that mini game is something I desperately miss.

Our characters, though, will soon live on in my own non-MMO universe. More on that soon (tm).

Dollhouse

• Boss
  • "What will happen? Will I dream?"
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »
TSW comes closest, I guess, because the stories in the game are good, but there's just too much running around killing zombies for me and I never got past the low levels.  It might help if I could find the "Gemini Park" of the Secret World, but I don't even know if it exists.

The Horned God, in London, is definitely a roleplayer hang-out. Except at the deadest play times, there's usually some folks in there on Arcadia. This is true even lately, with the game population pretty low as a lot of players have taken a break waiting for more mission content. Us RP'ers, however, tend to be happy doing non-mission stuff in games and often don't tend to chew through content as quickly as other playstyles. So there are a good few around.  I've run into people roleplaying at random out in the wrld a fair bit, too. The Romani camp in Transylvania tends to attract roleplayers.

FWIW, you never see another zombie again after the first three zones (Solomon Island), and even in Blue Mountain (third SI zone), they stop utterly dominating the enemy "menu."

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 06:54:42 PM »
@Lightslinger from Virtue here. I started out on Victory during Issue 7 then eventually moved everything to Virtue for the bigger population. My hours to play we're always morning and maybe early afternoon, it was definitely easier to find a team on Virtue during those hours. My main Lightslinger was my most played character, did a lot of early morning trials and TFs.

Loved Virtue, plenty of excellent players. And those...not so excellent were fun in their own way. Virtue's Pocket D was a wonder of amazing character bios, still love looking through screenshots of the really good ones, lol. So many half demon cat people who were Statesman's kids, that guy got around.

KSinclaire

• Underling
    • Dear Kat, an advice column for roleplayers.
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »
These days, I've pretty much pulled out of actually RPing while I hope for an MMO that stimulates my creative side in the way that CoH did comes along.

Instead, I've taken to running a little "Dear Abby"-style column for RPers. It's been a fun outlet.

Ironbull

• Minion
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 04:16:35 AM »
Stumbled onto Virtue after playing for a week and it became my home.  I miss it, Paragon, and the community so much.  Have tried other games, but just can't seem to even come close to settling in.  Guess it's why no matter how long I stay away, I always manage to drop by Titan Network from time to time.  I guess there is still that need for the best.  Even just a glimpse of a memory is better than nothing.  Miss you Virtue, CoH, the good, the bad, and everything in between.

Crazyleo

• Minion
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 05:27:05 AM »
For me; I'm playing on one of the private servers for Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst now.

As for my CoH experience: I played on Virtue and just RPd with SG mates mainly though. But I have made quite a few characters though.

Twylite1

• Underling
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 06:53:42 AM »
@Twylite here

Virtue was my home for probably 6 of the 8 years I played.
I've landed in TSW, tho much like TOR I'm playing it more as a solo game for the stories. I've found a bit of RP but nothing like the D. There is a CoH chat channel, but I've yet to see a single post to it. ( so, if you are there.. say hi  :)

I stumbled across a couple of old screenshots of friends in the D. I wanted so badly to log on at that moment. :(

I miss my friends, I miss my city.. and I miss playing my characters.

*Neutron Pixie aka Spice
*Twylite
*Black Ice aka Detective Susan Black
*Staysis