Author Topic: NC West FB Page  (Read 19160 times)

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
Re: NC West FB Page
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 03:02:51 PM »
Agreed, I really really really hate calling this a war. Dare anyone to go to a bar with a soldier and tell him or her about our "war" with NCsoft. But that's me and its just semantics really.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 03:36:55 PM »
Agreed, I really really really hate calling this a war. Dare anyone to go to a bar with a soldier and tell him or her about our "war" with NCsoft. But that's me and its just semantics really.
Yeah I was a soldier. I seen the face and result of war. Watched the morgue trying to "organize" and sort charred mangled bodies. Nothing glorious about it. The smell of burnt human flesh and innards is not a smell easily forgotten. But meh, war these days is a word that is seemed to be applied to any sort of struggle these days. I just attributed it to changing times of everything is a crisis from being defriended from a facebook page to a cell phone dying. 
My main point is that it looking like firing a scatter gun hoping something happens and continue doing so even then because it dont seem there is a clear view of what we would like to see from them. And if we don't even know then more than likely the target have no idea. If ncsoft is watching and I was them I wouldn't even be sure if selling the ip would suffice and like in uncertain times sometimes people just stsy the course. Which seems like they are doing.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 03:48:22 PM »
i dont have a FB, but seeing that i think that they are still trying to just stifle us out and hope we go away

posting comments regarding coh on their page and the fact ncsoft cant be trusted as far as maintaining an active game more than a couple years  are not wrong

IMO its basically just voicing opinions, ncsoft is trying to hype up wildstar, ect but the disgruntled customers they created over shutting down coh (or previous games) will voice their opinion that they no longer support ncsoft and would consider them moneygrabbing business jerkwads that could shut a game down on a whim

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »
No, but restaurants get angry comments from customers on their facebook pages when they do something like, say, fire a server for posting a picture of a horrible comment someone that refuses to tip put on a receipt.  And I haven't heard of those restaurants banning anyone from their pages from that (although they might and I haven't heard about it, but I think the internet would've gotten even more angry over those incidents if they did).

We're not fans of another product disparaging them on their page over fanboy stuff, it's calling them out for something horrible they've done.

For small mom/pop restaurants sure.  It's unlikely they have someone in charge of social media.  Social Media for companies is a way to gauge and control word of mouth advertising and considering NCSOFT's history, their only post launch advertising.

Also we don't know if it's just an overzealous employee in charge of their FB page or NCsoft West's edict.  The new holding company did finally go into full effect the 1st.  Guild Wars 2 and Wildstar hype may actually draw a few more eyeballs there but those games have their own FB pages.

It is mentioned in the about section, if you expand it

The NCSOFT Facebook page is a place where we openly engage with our fans and we encourage our fans to post comments and provide feedback as it relates to our games and industry. Please understand that we reserve the right to delete comments for any reason we deem appropriate.

And I can understand banning you from posting if everything you post indicates you aren't A) a "fan" and B) they always end up deleting them.  I'm sure the guy in charge has better things to do than constantly moderate their FB page for "hooligans". ;)
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 06:10:45 PM »

War is not in our interest. No one who wants to succeed should call it that.

You are making a peaceful protest to bring about ~justice~. Stand directly in their faces and make your demands peaceably. Make no threats, but cross lines that will force them to act. Make them be the violent ones.

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 06:12:52 PM »
i dont have a FB, but seeing that i think that they are still trying to just stifle us out and hope we go away

posting comments regarding coh on their page and the fact ncsoft cant be trusted as far as maintaining an active game more than a couple years  are not wrong

IMO its basically just voicing opinions, ncsoft is trying to hype up wildstar, ect but the disgruntled customers they created over shutting down coh (or previous games) will voice their opinion that they no longer support ncsoft and would consider them moneygrabbing business jerkwads that could shut a game down on a whim

I won't be going away. I doubt NCSoft is going to sell CoH because its too much of a "risk" to sell. They don't want to risk the game being better run by someone else. The bad NCSoft PR is a good thing and I can't wait to fire up the BBQ for the NCSoft going away party.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »
War is not in our interest. No one who wants to succeed should call it that.

You are making a peaceful protest to bring about ~justice~. Stand directly in their faces and make your demands peaceably. Make no threats, but cross lines that will force them to act. Make them be the violent ones.

+1

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:04 PM »
Yup. That is why I hard time wrapping my head around viewing this as a war. Action? Yes. War? Well just about every war, have a clear objective. I.e to take the land, or prevent invasion, quell invasion etc. and every action is to move closer to the mission objective.

Yet here it don't look like there is a defined point where it can be said mission accomplished.  Looks like for example, expressing displeasure on social media and trying to steer potential customers from them will continue no matter what happens even if in theory Ncsoft sells the IP or even flip the switch hire all of paragon studios and continue in as if it a Aug. 29th

I never once said this was a war. I don't see it as a war. In fact, my words exactly were "movement" and "peaceful protest"
That's what I consider this being.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:37 PM »
While I did this only a little bit back in the day, I think there's nothing wrong with anyone doing this so long as they are being respectful. At the very least they're keeping our community and CoH in their heads. What does that accomplish? Who knows, but it may one day be enough to get a thought stirring in the right person's head to make something good happen.

I've read a lot of articles about how social media has tipped the scales toward consumers in the past few years. Stories about people getting screwed by a company, taking their fight to twitter and the company immediately responding and righting the situation. When a company makes a page on a social media they're saying "We're here to interact with people." Thing is, as opposed to a commercial we all watch, the interaction goes two ways, giving consumers the power to interact with the company.

No company wants their name trending in a bad way on twitter, and they don't want to think whenever something is put on facebook they'll be reminded of a past wrong. If nothing else, we're making NCsoft SERIOUSLY reconsider closing any future games because of all the problems closing CoH caused and is still causing for them.

I think anyone doing this should be professional and understand what they post will reflect on our community. Outside of that condition I say go ahead, let 'em know we're still here.

+1000

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »
I never once said this was a war. I don't see it as a war. In fact, my words exactly were "movement" and "peaceful protest"
That's what I consider this being.
I never said you did.

Whether you realize it or not i was agreeing with ya.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »
There are certain folks here, good and well-intentioned, who take the methods and actions of NCSoft since the announcement a bit more seriously than most of the rest of us, despite reasoned attempts to dissuade them. I'm not saying they're dangerous, just more enthusiastic.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 10:24:11 PM »
My main point is that it looking like firing a scatter gun hoping something happens and continue doing so even then because it dont seem there is a clear view of what we would like to see from them. And if we don't even know then more than likely the target have no idea. If ncsoft is watching and I was them I wouldn't even be sure if selling the ip would suffice and like in uncertain times sometimes people just stsy the course. Which seems like they are doing.

This has been a HUGE, MEGA-HUGE, BLOCKBUSTER-BIG concern of mine since the start. I've said since my very first emails, letters, and forum posts about/aimed at NCSoft that I'd be first in line to buy their games and spread praise for them if they righted this situation. Facebook, Twitter, forum threads, word-of-mouth, I'd go back to being their best friend.

Now I won't name names, because I'd be putting people I like on the spot. But I've heard people say they'd love for Jack "Statesman" Emmert buy City of Heroes, because it would be like Statesman (or maybe Tyrant) coming back to save us from the devil we thought was our friend all these years. I'd love for Jack to buy CoH too, but that's probably not even our hurdle. Our hurdle is getting NCSoft to sell it to him. And judging from what I've seen around here, a continued demonizing of NCSoft would persist after the fact--and that kind of thinking, or similar seems to be our community's PREDOMINANT view of that scenario.

ANY NCSoft employee would see it written all over our community: we will punish them if they help us, just like we punished them for harming us.

If I was a decision-maker at NCSoft, I might not actually be able to calculate a positive impact on image from selling. So would I sell? I might not, if I wanted to appear competent. And this is coming from one of the biggest "anti-NCSoft" smack talkers around. But accountability must go both ways if you want to be able to call yourself clear-eyed. Gamers are a tremendously fickle crowd, tremendously angry when spurned and tremendously ungrateful and petty when satisfied--and these big companies know it. As a group, we have given NCSoft no indication that we'll be nice to them ever, ever again, no matter what.

I think we should turn that around.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:30:37 PM by Captain Electric »

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 11:56:17 PM »
It may not be a shooting war, but I'm standing by my assertion that this is a war.

The Enemy:  NCSoft
Hostilities Began:  Aug 31st, 2012, when NCSoft announced the closure of City of Heroes (still without explanation).
Our Objective:  Seeing CoH restarted or sold to someone else who will.
Our Army:  Ex-CoH players at Titan Network (and any other sympathetic Ex-CoH players out there).  We're a rag-tag army to be sure, but I still count us as one.
Our De-Facto Generals:  TonyV and Victoria Victrix
Our Weapons:  Words, advertising, and for lack of a better term, political maneuvering - in short, this is a public relations war.
Upon Victory:  I cannot speak for others, but for myself, I'm totally prepared to cease any hostility against NCSoft if we get CoH back.  I might even check out some of their other games.  But there is simply no profit in continuing any hostilities with them once we have CoH back.  They give up CoH to someone who will restart it, war's over.

This is how I perceive the situation, and will not be dissuaded otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:02:53 AM by JanessaVR »

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »
Why would NCSoft consider what the fans would think if they decided to sell?  They already made it clear they didn't care what we thought when they first decided to close.

They'll sell the IP if it's worth it to them.  No other reason or consideration is needed.  Business is business.  Assuming NCSoft is / would take things personally doesn't fit.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2013, 12:04:51 AM »
It may not be a shooting war, but I'm standing by my assertion that this is a war.

This is how I perceive the situation, and will not be dissuaded otherwise.

And I'm not trying to belittle or dismiss your viewpoint. I just think the rhetoric is a little extreme. You're not plotting or advocating fire-bombing anyone, so you're not a real and present danger to anyone. I also worry about your blood pressure.:)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 12:09:03 AM »
I also worry about your blood pressure.:)
The evenings here are still a bit chilly - it keeps me warm at night.   :)

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 12:13:37 AM »

We're the Resistance ;)
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 12:16:16 AM »
We're the Resistance ;)
Well, conveniently enough, South Park's provided us a theme song then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LonKGuS9uuQ

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2013, 12:20:28 AM »
Well, conveniently enough, South Park's provided us a theme song then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LonKGuS9uuQ

I thought that it was this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiBNV5EUo3s ?
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2013, 12:23:46 AM »